GriffGraph: Balance of Power Comparisons (September 2013)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:48:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  GriffGraph: Balance of Power Comparisons (September 2013)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: GriffGraph: Balance of Power Comparisons (September 2013)  (Read 2243 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2013, 03:19:28 AM »
« edited: November 03, 2013, 05:33:36 AM by Adam Griffin »

For your pleasure, I am releasing the fifteenth set of Balance of Power rankings to give everyone an idea of the status of each region for the month of September 2013. If there are any mistakes in allocation of legislative/executive/judicial seats, please let me know ASAP and I will correct. You can view the last GriffGraph Balance of Power Comparisons here, those done under the umbrella of Game Moderator from March - July 2012 here, and the GriffGraphs done before March 2013 can be found beginning here (you can leapfrog to each previous one through similar links).

The first set of images show plurality/majority party affiliation by region:

The second set of images compare an aggregate of voter registration, executive, legislative and judicial control to effectively determine which parties have the most power:

Finally, an image depicting the swing in each region – based on the Balance of Power maps above:

Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 03:59:59 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2013, 04:07:33 AM by Mynheer Peeperkorn von Thurn und Taxis-Hohenlohe »

This is so nerd but I love it. Thank you Griffin.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 04:51:24 AM »

Cheesy
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 01:47:59 PM »

I like the various shades of green, and I love these graphs!
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 01:51:12 PM »

Disgusting.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »

What is 'P-U'?

Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 02:22:21 PM »

Purple heart It's beautiful!

Well P-U is a term that most people use to represent the Progressive Union, even though our official initials are Pro.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 02:30:30 PM »

And there goes the myth of Labor being invincible and controlling the balance of power... The next months are going to be fascinating!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 03:54:35 PM »

DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 04:34:25 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2013, 04:57:22 PM by Fmr. V.P. DemPGH »

The map in question is pretty sweet. There are marginal folks around the center-left who would fit in well with the Pro-U as well. Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 06:00:43 AM »

Never heard of the 'Progressive Union', sounds interesting.  Where does that party stand on Laborite attacks upon the independence of the Judiciary?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 03:57:03 PM »

Never heard of the 'Progressive Union', sounds interesting.  Where does that party stand on Laborite attacks upon the independence of the Judiciary?

One Senator introducing an amendment to the Senate =/= Laborite attacks upon the independence of the Judiciary. If Labor had wanted to do such a thing, I'd have sided with Marokai back during his term and instructed our Senators to impeach all of you. Smiley If you go back and review the votes, you'll see that a) we had the votes and b) you still have your jobs.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 04:15:18 PM »

The court overhaul? I'm on record in the thread opposing it, and I've opposed all the drastic court overhauls that have been suggested.

The Progressive Union has more or less taken the place of the old Liberal Party, and I also encourage someone like you to join!
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 04:12:28 AM »

Don't listen to them opebo, P-U will bring back the dark days of Napoleon's presidency.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 07:20:59 AM »

Don't listen to them opebo, P-U will bring back the dark days of Napoleon's presidency.

What was negative about Napoleon's presidency?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 09:19:01 AM »

What was negative about Napoleon's presidency?

The Labor party is just trying to take out their competition in the progressive union. They don't have much of an argument. You just have to "know" that the progressive union sucks or the liberal party sucks. And if you don't "know" that, it's quite obvious you suck off that evil wolfentoad before you go to sleep at night.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 10:15:57 AM »

Indeed, I have to laugh. The disdain expressed from some quarters about Napoleon, and certainly Wolfentoad, is perfectly comparable to the Pigs telling us how awful the Farmer was. Everybody's read that book, right? Beware and oh god, he might come back!!! Wink

Rivalries will develop, but when they persist into the future as a unifying vendetta, it maybe has gotten too personal.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 10:35:55 AM »

Indeed, I have to laugh. The disdain expressed from some quarters about Napoleon, and certainly Wolfentoad, is perfectly comparable to the Pigs telling us how awful the Farmer was. Everybody's read that book, right? Beware and oh god, he might come back!!! Wink

Rivalries will develop, but when they persist into the future as a unifying vendetta, it maybe has gotten too personal.

I agree with this, I wouldn't be surprised about the personal vendetta. In my opinion, the Labor party has a history of being unable to act and judge things in an objective way. I'll be very happy to see the inevitable turn to the right of their leadership so they can try to win in February 2014.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 10:37:46 AM »

I think a reactionary like opebo would fit well in the Progressive Union.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 02:20:54 PM »

All of the "arguments" above are pathetic and ridiculous. It takes a special person to actively slander and bitch about other people who supposedly are bitching but aren't saying anything. So let me give your whining some relevancy:

Napoleon's presidency was a disaster because he was inactive for half of it and alienated the Senate - ask your party's former chair, opebo.

Both Labor Presidents were "to the right of leadership", so it's kind of hard to shift there when you're already there: another stupid argument.

DemPGH is bitter because he was denied the Labor nomination after proactively working against the party for months as AG and VP (after I placated the Labor base not to revolt when Nix selected him; one of my biggest regrets of the past six months) and literally switching from Labor to independent twice in the span of a month. I wonder why the members of the party didn't want a perpetual opportunist? Roll Eyes We don't endorse people who aren't loyal to our party and our ideals: it's just that simple.

Wolfentoad hasn't been mentioned in awhile (except by tards like Sbane who want to continue to bring up the past references that were made to how much he screwed the game). It's a good point, though: the moderate, spineless middle/"left"  is a breeding ground for people without political principle and from where the majority of the sociopathic tendencies in this game originates.

Let's just put it this way: I've done my best to build a party that articulates a vision, platform and concrete policy goals, not a flustercuck that draws its powers from pandering to these least ideological components of each hemisphere. If the country decides that it no longer wants Labor, then I and many others will work our hardest to hand the reigns over the most potent and/or credible Federalists and conservatives in this country until the problem is rectified - just like we did with Duke in October.

If a party without merit, balls and policies is to control this country, it'll be the one that's derivative of the Right - not some anti-Labor protest circlejerk. I'll gladly vote for JCL, Pingvin and a full slate of Federalists if it comes to that - it'd blow your socks off to know just how many others would do the same. The country can have the real Left or it can have the Right. It's nothing personal against this particular party or its individual members: it's about contrast and articulation. Atlasia doesn't need another Liberal Party or equivalent.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 03:45:35 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2013, 04:46:31 PM by Fmr. V.P. DemPGH »

There's a lot I could say in a response to that, but I think all that needs to be said generally is that that particular rage, anger, and resentment are why there is and will be an active center-left. And the Federalists stand to gain from it, of course. And so be it. That lashing-out is utterly outlandish: I'm bitter (actually, chafed), Sbane is a "tard" (actually, "Wolfenstitution" is mentioned around here a lot), and the center-left is worse than the religious right. Okay. Well, People who disagree on this thing or that thing - you're damn right - are going to find another outlet if the other option it to tolerate a browbeating like that. I mean, the atmosphere is so toxic and vindictive that you have to ask, why bother? When it's that personal, what's the point?

The other major thing is, this was said back in June:

Congratulations, Mr. VP! As a solid ally of the Labor Party, I wish you the best of luck in the coming weeks and months. Atlasia picked the right guys for the job at-hand and the Liberal Party (surprisingly) did the same in selecting you as their Chair. Smiley

Now, the only thing I would like a clear-eyed, rational explanation to is how I have worked proactively against Labor. I would really like to know. I opposed the Pacific Rimjob nonsense proactively - that shouldn't count. I embraced regional consolidation unless it left too many offices in the lurch. But somehow the Central Committee or whatever it is thinks I've been hostile to Labor? I don't think so. And rest assured, the people poised to rebel against me have already done so. Long ago. I don't think that was stopped, Adam, really I don't. Maybe it was not overtly public (and for good reason because it would have exposed the extremism), but it happened. And I think the party is beyond any person's complete control at this point. There are too many factions vying for its soul.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 03:51:04 PM »

Does this mean you all weren't sincere when you wished me congratulations over my overwhelming mandate? Angry
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 04:22:21 PM »

Cute
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 04:50:17 PM »

Does this mean you all weren't sincere when you wished me congratulations over my overwhelming mandate? Angry

I Purple heart you, Duke, and you know that. Kiss

The rest of that pious nonsense from DemPGH might be addressed sometime later this evening when I'm done fighting against other obstinate contrarians in a real-life election. 
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2013, 08:00:24 PM »

This is the greatest hypocrisy I've ever read on this forum.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies