New libertarian party...anyone interested?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:01:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New libertarian party...anyone interested?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New libertarian party...anyone interested?  (Read 720 times)
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2013, 12:27:33 PM »

I know there's a Republican-Democrat party or something like that but I didn't find the thread and other Atlasians told me that the party was kind of irrelevant.

Now in Atlasia we can see what we have always seen: a bipartidism of the PRO (like the JCP of years before) and the southern conservatives. Things get worse when both alliances try to be moderate heroes in practically every issue.

Wouldn't it be nice if we, the real libertarians of the forum, can create a party with a radical agenda?

Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 01:50:33 PM »

Wouldn't it be nice if we, the real libertarians of the forum, can create a party with a radical agenda?

Not particularly.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 01:52:35 PM »

Yes, in the sense that the Federalist Party can be a party of 'conservatives' again.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 02:15:55 PM »

I know there's a Republican-Democrat party or something like that but I didn't find the thread and other Atlasians told me that the party was kind of irrelevant.

Now in Atlasia we can see what we have always seen: a bipartidism of the PRO (like the JCP of years before) and the southern conservatives. Things get worse when both alliances try to be moderate heroes in practically every issue.

What do you mean by "real libertarians"?
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 02:18:57 PM »

What do you mean by "real libertarians"?

The ones who don't want a permanent alliance with conservatives.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 02:50:20 PM »

Not me. I'm happy in the DR party. We may be disorganized, but I'm ok with that.

Link?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 04:09:04 PM »

As far as I know, the Democratic-Republicans don't have a thread.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 04:26:59 PM »

As far as I know, the Democratic-Republicans don't have a thread.

Exactly.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 06:09:29 PM »

We don't have a thread, but I'd be happy in helping the Democratic Republicans become a 'real thing.'

For the most part, I've put myself out to pasture, and probably don't have many big ideas. But I would love to facilitate the creation of a robust DR party, and I too eschew the idea that conservatives would have a monopoly on us.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 01:18:25 AM »

As I said before, we're disorganized. There's no reason you can't join up and bring us some organization, or create your own party that is more organized. The end result of either of those things would probably be the same.

Well, let's create a thread then.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 11:21:36 PM »

This sounds cool. I'd definitely be interested in joining if this got started up.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 12:12:56 AM »
« Edited: November 08, 2013, 12:18:13 AM by Mynheer Peeperkorn »

As I said before, we're disorganized. There's no reason you can't join up and bring us some organization, or create your own party that is more organized. The end result of either of those things would probably be the same.

Will we be forming a new party, or will this be the first Democratic-Republican Convention?

Wouldn't it be the same? Someone do it, please. I don't feel entitled for such a thing.

I don't like the name of the party, but it's not really a problem.

*If it is a convention we can discuss the location here. I propose Des Moines and the use of parades with torches and burning portraits of today's authorities.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 12:14:14 AM »

Will we be forming a new party, or will this be the first Democratic-Republican Convention?

Wouldn't it be the same? Something do it, please. I don't feel entitled for such a thing.
Why don't y'all just start a thread for the Democratic-Republicans and organize yourselves? I don't see why there's a need for a new libertarian party.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 08:04:29 PM »

Wouldn't it be the same? Something do it, please. I don't feel entitled for such a thing.
Why don't y'all just start a thread for the Democratic-Republicans and organize yourselves? I don't see why there's a need for a new libertarian party.
I agree with PJ, you D-R's need to organize. I LOVE small parties, especially ones that are electable or can be elected, and you just did (Small L). So just make a thread! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies