Univ. of Texas / Texas Tribune Poll: Greg Abbott (R) leads Wendy Davis (D) by 6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:21:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Univ. of Texas / Texas Tribune Poll: Greg Abbott (R) leads Wendy Davis (D) by 6
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Univ. of Texas / Texas Tribune Poll: Greg Abbott (R) leads Wendy Davis (D) by 6  (Read 771 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2013, 11:05:53 AM »

If the 2014 election for Governor were held today and the candidates were the Democrat Wendy Davis and the Republican Greg Abbott, who would you vote for, or haven’t you thought about it enough to have an opinion?

1. Greg Abbott 40%
2. Wendy Davis 34%

Now, if the election were held today and the candidates were the following, who would you vote for, or haven’t you thought about it enough to have an opinion?

1. The Republican Greg Abbott 40%
2. The Democrat Wendy Davis 35%
3. The Libertarian Kathie Glass 5%

Field Dates: October 18 to October 27, 2013
N=1200 Registered Voters
Margin of error: +/- 2.83% (3.3% adjusted for weighting)

http://www.texastribune.org/2013/11/04/uttt-poll-governor-race-abbott-leads-davis-6
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 03:01:22 PM »

This is surprisingly close. Though the large amount of undecided's again as with Lyceum is speculative.

And unfortunately, Abbott being in ruined any chances of Wendy Davis winning from the looks of it. He's still leading even with Kathie Glass in the race (any reason why they didn't poll Libertarian Lee Wrights?), and has a one point lead over Davis among independents. Yet, when Davis is against Tom Pauken or in a three way race, she's leading. Davis would probably also be leading by 4 or 5 against Lisa Fritsch or Larry Kilgore to.

The best hope for the Texas Democratic Party is that Greg Abbott ultimately makes tons of blunders either causing him to go down in the polls or to just drop out of the race for Governor.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 05:27:10 PM »

The undecideds are, no doubt, a group that leans heavily Republican. I think Pauken would win also, though by less, but Wendy Davis would have a shot against Larry Kilgore or Lisa Fritsch.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 11:56:27 PM »

PPP polled Texas this weekend so I'm definitely looking forward to comparing their poll with this one. Anybody heard when they'll release it?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 12:30:47 AM »

Interesting result, though the presence of high undecideds means that this poll has rather little worth overall.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 01:06:38 AM »

Interesting result, though the presence of high undecideds means that this poll has rather little worth overall.

I agree, but I'm more ready to trust this one than the awful Lyceum poll, which had 50% undecided and gave both Gov Perry and President Obama a 50% approval rating. Like I said in another thread, my theory is the high undecideds are a result of the land rush for basically every office due to Gov Perry passing on a 4th term.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 07:25:45 AM »

D+1!!!!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: