Blame someone else.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:16:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Blame someone else.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Blame someone else.  (Read 5513 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2013, 02:14:55 PM »

Can anyone really disagree on the substance of the argument - that the P-U's recent pan-ideological recruitment push is greatly disturbing? I'm not looking forward to an amorphous intellectually void blob hovering around the centre of the game.

Shades of the UAC.

Just looked this up on the wiki. Probably the best analogy to what the Progressive Union is turning into, despite the good intentions of some in the party.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2013, 02:16:37 PM »

It occurs to me that the solution to all of this mess is to greatly restrict the franchise to only those who were active in the Good Old Days.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »

I love how this is biggest criticism of me they can come up with. "OMGZ he is a dick buddy!" (btw the term you were likely looking for is "butt buddies")

Eh, your subpar activity record in the Senate is another one, plus your consistent childish whining everytime things don't go your way, or the fact that you have literally contributed nothing to this game, yet constantly attack those who do (such as Adam Griffin).

I guess you two have nothing to say against the rest of my post and will instead pout in a corner and masturbate each other?
[/quote
What about your garbage attempt at being SoEA?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »

When is this thread going to be closed already?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2013, 02:32:20 PM »

I love how this is biggest criticism of me they can come up with. "OMGZ he is a dick buddy!" (btw the term you were likely looking for is "butt buddies")

Eh, your subpar activity record in the Senate is another one, plus your consistent childish whining everytime things don't go your way, or the fact that you have literally contributed nothing to this game, yet constantly attack those who do (such as Adam Griffin).

I guess you two have nothing to say against the rest of my post and will instead pout in a corner and masturbate each other?
What about your garbage attempt at being SoEA?

I resigned as soon as I couldn't do the job anymore. I don't recall you resigning despite your garbage attempt to be President, or your three garbage terms as Senator. Cute attempt to avoid the issue at hand though; I'll give you that.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2013, 02:33:00 PM »

I have been an active Senator whenever I have been in the Senate and have been active in Senate debates. I don't see how anyone can dispute this. Would you also say Gass is a subpar Senator, then? Or is that a different matter because he is a Labor Senator? And all of this brings up the point....who the hell are you and what have you done for Atlasia?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »

He's a high schooler with a keyboard. He is much smarter than us.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2013, 02:36:13 PM »

To be fair a "high schooler with a keyboard" is the exact kind of person who can play Atlasia without it being vaguely embarrassing. And I include myself in the "vaguely embarrassing" category obviously.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2013, 02:36:55 PM »

Gass has given a reason for his absence, and is retiring because he will become busy with school. And at the very least, he's shown up to vote on nearly every bill and not made bizarre personal attacks on people he's jealous of.

I have been an active Senator whenever I have been in the Senate and have been active in Senate debates. I don't see how anyone can dispute this. Would you also say Gass is a subpar Senator, then? Or is that a different matter because he is a Labor Senator? And all of this brings up the point....who the hell are you and what have you done for Atlasia?

I served 4 terms as a Mideast Assemblyman, where I was one of the most active members and worked to revitalize the region. I served a term and a half as SoEA and then resigned when my activity level wasn't up the job anymore. I'm currently a Northeast Representative and have played an active role in debates.

I'm not some idiot who has been part of this game for four years and does nothing but run around and scream "I'M BUTTHURT!!!!".  
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2013, 02:37:59 PM »

While you're a twenty-seven year old who spends 24 hours a day on this forum and constantly jacks off to his "records" in a fantasy game.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2013, 02:38:54 PM »

While you're a twenty-seven year old who spends 24 hours a day on this forum and constantly jacks off to his "records" in a fantasy game.

So am I inactive or on here 24/7? I don't see how it could be both.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2013, 02:41:31 PM »

So am I inactive or on here 24/7? I don't see how it could be both.

You somehow manage to be on the site 24/7 and be inactive in the Senate at the same time. Only you can answer the question why that is the case.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2013, 02:43:21 PM »

I continue to impress in that case.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2013, 02:44:47 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2013, 02:48:11 PM by Talleyrand »

*yawn*

I expected that to be the case from someone's whose primary concern is having a position, not doing it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2013, 02:47:30 PM »

I expected that to be the case from someone's whose primary concern is having a position, not doing it.

My life doesn't feel complete unless fifteen people on some forum vote me into a fake political office. If I lose I might have to find a new dick buddy!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2013, 02:48:31 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2013, 02:50:18 PM by Talleyrand »

My life doesn't feel complete unless fifteen people on some forum vote me into a fake political office. If I lose I might have to find a new dick buddy!

Very true! Smiley
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2013, 02:57:21 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2013, 03:00:34 PM by Sbane »

Gass has given a reason for his absence, and is retiring because he will become busy with school. And at the very least, he's shown up to vote on nearly every bill and not made bizarre personal attacks on people he's jealous of.

I served 4 terms as a Mideast Assemblyman, where I was one of the most active members and worked to revitalize the region. I served a term and a half as SoEA and then resigned when my activity level wasn't up the job anymore. I'm currently a Northeast Representative and have played an active role in debates.

I'm not some idiot who has been part of this game for four years and does nothing but run around and scream "I'M BUTTHURT!!!!". 

And it is because of the reasons that Gass cited that I have ever been inactive and why I have never been that involved in the game. I am actually in grad school and really shouldn't even be here, but this where I waste my time, sadly. I really consider myself more of a voter than someone who gets involved with the day to day running of the game. This was true for most of my time here and I was fine with that. I only became Senator because there was literally no one else. And I ended up liking the job, but no I don't want to spend a lot of time in Atlasia. The fact that you think that is a bad thing reflects poorly on you, not me.

I didn't attack AG for not being active or not doing a lot. I attacked him for being a dickish attack dog who could have achieved what he wanted to without being such a tool. So I really don't get why you people keep saying that I need to achieve more than him to criticize him. He has made the environment in Atlasia today more caustic, as this thread is another evidence of.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2013, 03:00:25 PM »

Sbane, a lot of these guys arrived adter Adam and don't understand that things weren't like this until Adam took a dump all over the game, along with seatown and snowstalker. Before then the worst fighting was usually left vs right disagreeing or Marokai and I going at it over some gimmicky proposal that would never materialize. I don't even see how it can be fixed at this point.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2013, 03:06:25 PM »

A Laborite criticizing Sbane for his activity level in the Senate? Oh the irony...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2013, 03:09:27 PM »

Well, I have a question: differences between TPP and Liberals?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2013, 03:12:03 PM »

Everyone needs to stop talking.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2013, 03:32:52 PM »

Sbane, a lot of these guys arrived adter Adam and don't understand that things weren't like this until Adam took a dump all over the game, along with seatown and snowstalker. Before then the worst fighting was usually left vs right disagreeing or Marokai and I going at it over some gimmicky proposal that would never materialize. I don't even see how it can be fixed at this point.

Yeah, many people didn't like Bgwah but he was a saint compared to AG. And of NCYankee was great too when he was leading the RPP. There were fights and disagreements but no one called each other "dick buddies".
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2013, 03:39:28 PM »

Thanks for admitting that we won.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2013, 03:56:54 PM »

The only sickening thing I see in this thread is a bunch of bullying by people that probably stand against bullying IRL.  Ick.

It truly is shocking to see is it not, yet typically they don't see it.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2013, 04:17:03 PM »

Actually everyone needs to keep talking. The more they post it publically, the more likely they will be to read over and reflect on both their words and their actions.

I would point out there was a desire to have more Conservative members in the TPP as well. I came very close to joining it in late 2012. However, I had no problems with the IB and I dislike frequent party changes so I decided against it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies