Blame someone else. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:23:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Blame someone else. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blame someone else.  (Read 5640 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: November 06, 2013, 10:30:59 AM »

What's interesting is that AG admits Labor's strategy is to cobble together a narrow coalition of true lefties to just get across the 50% mark. And then he and others turn around and criticize moderates like me for joining the federalists and probably thinks I'm a spineless moderate. Well, I am truly fiscally moderate. I think teachers should get merit pay, BART workers need to go back to work and that the top tax rate shouldn't be more than 50%. And yet I go along with a 60% tax rate in order to pass a budget and I am pandering or pretending to be more right wing than I am in real life? As for social issues, I have been absolutely solidly liberal. Just ask TNF.

People like AG ruin this game. Yes, we need partisanship but the rabid way he goes about it is not necessary. I won't be a spineless moderate unlike some others in this thread and truly say what I feel. Good riddance AG, the game will be better off without you.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 11:12:04 AM »

People like AG ruin this game. Yes, we need partisanship but the rabid way he goes about it is not necessary. I won't be a spineless moderate unlike some others in this thread and truly say what I feel. Good riddance AG, the game will be better off without you.

FACT: AG has done more for this game then you ever have or ever will.

He has done a lot for the labor party. I cannot deny that. Though my main complaint against him is how he goes after people personally. He wants to create a true leftist party and when I don't join that, I am a spineless moderate sociopath or something? Am I supposed to come here and join in the circle jerk congratulating him after he says that about me?

And this is not a dick measuring contest between me and AG. I just quietly went about my job in the Senate. I usually don't really get too involved with the things going on in this side of Atlasia. I never said I did more than AG. I am very glad I was never in party leadership and never had to get involved with the petty partisan politics side of Atlasia. That doesn't appeal to me at all.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 08:26:43 PM »

ITT Whiners attacking Griffin because they could never beat him

Like I said before, this is not a dick measuring contest.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 09:14:03 AM »
« Edited: November 08, 2013, 09:18:42 AM by Sbane »

I really don't understand why we would cooperate with our biggest rivals in this game. No matter what you think of PU, it most certainly isn't a threat (no offense). So why should we cooperate with Labor if they are the ones we are trying to beat? It doesn't make sense to me beyond just irrational hate of PU.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 06:27:56 PM »

The liberal party did have an ideology, Seatown. You just don't want to acknowledge it.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 06:59:32 PM »

The liberal party did have an ideology, Seatown. You just don't want to acknowledge it.
Neo-liberalism claims to be post-ideoligcal, ce n'est pas terrible?

Yeah, we weren't really neo-liberal. I don't think neo liberals agree with strengthening a single payer health care system. The liberal party did that. The liberal party believed in increasing the freedom of every single Atlasian while at the same time preventing overreach from labor stalwarts, such as yourself or TNF. That is the ideology I have represented in the Senate and I have continued to do it when I was a liberal and when I switched to the Federalists because they were the only sane major party left. If you feel I changed my ideology, please do provide examples. Or else shut the fuck up. Thanks!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 07:43:42 PM »

Neo-liberalism claims to be post-ideoligcal, ce n'est pas terrible?

Yeah, we weren't really neo-liberal. I don't think neo liberals agree with strengthening a single payer health care system. The liberal party did that. The liberal party believed in increasing the freedom of every single Atlasian while at the same time preventing overreach from labor stalwarts, such as yourself or TNF. That is the ideology I have represented in the Senate and I have continued to do it when I was a liberal and when I switched to the Federalists because they were the only sane major party left. If you feel I changed my ideology, please do provide examples. Or else shut the fuck up. Thanks!
You & Napoleon sure like to use that word a lot. Where did I ever imply that you changed you ideology? The only thing that happened was wolf shedding the sheep's clothing.

LOL WTF? We were always clear that we weren't a leftist party. We were liberals. Of course the word liberal means something different in America as opposed to Britain, but the only reason for that is due to the utter defeat of the Labor viewpoint in America. Thus in America, the paradigm is between the liberals and the conservatives. Things are different in Atlasia of course. And I have continued my viewpoints into my change of party. Or else I wouldn't support a 60% top tax rate and reduce spending on the military and farm subsidies along the way. I love how you guys criticize us in the abstract. Why don't you criticize specific parts of my record? I would love to defend that!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 02:07:57 PM »

I love how this is biggest criticism of me they can come up with. "OMGZ he is a dick buddy!" (btw the term you were likely looking for is "butt buddies")
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 02:33:00 PM »

I love how this is biggest criticism of me they can come up with. "OMGZ he is a dick buddy!" (btw the term you were likely looking for is "butt buddies")

Eh, your subpar activity record in the Senate is another one, plus your consistent childish whining everytime things don't go your way, or the fact that you have literally contributed nothing to this game, yet constantly attack those who do (such as Adam Griffin).

I guess you two have nothing to say against the rest of my post and will instead pout in a corner and masturbate each other?

I have been an active Senator whenever I have been in the Senate and have been active in Senate debates. I don't see how anyone can dispute this. Would you also say Gass is a subpar Senator, then? Or is that a different matter because he is a Labor Senator? And all of this brings up the point....who the hell are you and what have you done for Atlasia?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 02:57:21 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2013, 03:00:34 PM by Sbane »

Gass has given a reason for his absence, and is retiring because he will become busy with school. And at the very least, he's shown up to vote on nearly every bill and not made bizarre personal attacks on people he's jealous of.

Eh, your subpar activity record in the Senate is another one, plus your consistent childish whining everytime things don't go your way, or the fact that you have literally contributed nothing to this game, yet constantly attack those who do (such as Adam Griffin).

I guess you two have nothing to say against the rest of my post and will instead pout in a corner and masturbate each other?

I have been an active Senator whenever I have been in the Senate and have been active in Senate debates. I don't see how anyone can dispute this. Would you also say Gass is a subpar Senator, then? Or is that a different matter because he is a Labor Senator? And all of this brings up the point....who the hell are you and what have you done for Atlasia?

I served 4 terms as a Mideast Assemblyman, where I was one of the most active members and worked to revitalize the region. I served a term and a half as SoEA and then resigned when my activity level wasn't up the job anymore. I'm currently a Northeast Representative and have played an active role in debates.

I'm not some idiot who has been part of this game for four years and does nothing but run around and scream "I'M BUTTHURT!!!!". 

And it is because of the reasons that Gass cited that I have ever been inactive and why I have never been that involved in the game. I am actually in grad school and really shouldn't even be here, but this where I waste my time, sadly. I really consider myself more of a voter than someone who gets involved with the day to day running of the game. This was true for most of my time here and I was fine with that. I only became Senator because there was literally no one else. And I ended up liking the job, but no I don't want to spend a lot of time in Atlasia. The fact that you think that is a bad thing reflects poorly on you, not me.

I didn't attack AG for not being active or not doing a lot. I attacked him for being a dickish attack dog who could have achieved what he wanted to without being such a tool. So I really don't get why you people keep saying that I need to achieve more than him to criticize him. He has made the environment in Atlasia today more caustic, as this thread is another evidence of.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 03:32:52 PM »

Sbane, a lot of these guys arrived adter Adam and don't understand that things weren't like this until Adam took a dump all over the game, along with seatown and snowstalker. Before then the worst fighting was usually left vs right disagreeing or Marokai and I going at it over some gimmicky proposal that would never materialize. I don't even see how it can be fixed at this point.

Yeah, many people didn't like Bgwah but he was a saint compared to AG. And of NCYankee was great too when he was leading the RPP. There were fights and disagreements but no one called each other "dick buddies".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies