I'm addicted to pop (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:34:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm addicted to pop (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm addicted to pop  (Read 11704 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: November 07, 2013, 10:11:11 PM »

Drink a cup of black coffee every day until it stops tasting bitter.  This will train your taste buds to appreciate subtly and non-sweetness in beverages.  After a while, soda will stop tasting good and will seem disgustingly sweet.

Also, just stop buying soda.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 09:24:35 PM »

Again, the simple answer is that you need to stop buying soda and just stop drinking it entirely. 

Another way to instigate that change is to think about your long-term health.  Drinking 100oz of soda a day seems like a good way to become obese and get type 2 diabetes.  What's your overall health like now?  What does your GP say about your diet/weight/blood work?
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 11:56:32 PM »

Bushie has posted about some really stupid things. Pop addiction is not that stupid.

Also I had 24 oz of pop today bringing the weekly total to 92 oz. I feel I'm doing very well since there have been single days were I was over 100 oz.

Personally I think more people here should start a update thread.

ugh today I blew it and had 64 oz of pop, I had 32 oz yesterday so because of todays pop I have broke my limit of 140 oz for the week. I'm now at 188 oz for the week. This is still quite a bit under the 300+ oz I can easily drink in w week but I'm upset that I drank over 140 oz. I will have to try again next week to stay under 140 oz.

This is 55 oz of soda in sugar cube form.  In terms of calories, 64oz of soda is equivalent to eating more than a cup of sugar.  Just think about that.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 03:53:54 PM »

What can I say except: Dave, be glad you don't live in NYC. Smiley

He's like the one person the ban would help.

I don't think paying extra for two smaller sodas or the soda shaming advertisements would really help in this case because he's drinking like 70 times the amount of soda a person should drink.  I think Michael Bloomberg should fly him out to the Bloomberg vacation house in Bermuda and hire a team of doctors and therapists for soda rehab. 
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 03:25:20 PM »

Just don't buy a black suit. A nice dark charcoal gray or dark navy blue is good for your first suit.

yeah everything I have read also says no black. Most say charcoal as a first suit. I'm wondering how much to spend.

I wouldn't go out and buy a suit just to say I had one. Not sure what they cost in the States, but here, a reasonable suit would be about 300€.

That's more money than I'd spend just to say I owned one.

If I was someone with an unhealthy diet, presumably overweight, and I didn't need to buy a suit at the moment, I would wait.  You don't want to lose a bunch of weight and have a suit that doesn't fit. 

I would say the list price for a basic decent suit is generally about $400-500.  You could get a cheaper one at Filene's or Nordstram Rack or something like that.  In general, I think buying a cheap suit is a bad idea unless you know for sure that it's a bargain.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies