Fernando Ferrer Running for NYC Mayor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:20:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Fernando Ferrer Running for NYC Mayor
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fernando Ferrer Running for NYC Mayor  (Read 1855 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2005, 02:29:25 AM »
« edited: March 10, 2005, 02:46:56 AM by Frodo »

Ferrer Promoting Mayoralty as a National Democratic Goal
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/10/nyregion/10ferrer.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

for those in a position to know, how would you rate his chances against the incumbent mayor Michael Bloomberg?  i personally don't think he'll win, but there is a chance he just might make the mayor earn his second term as opposed to getting it in a cakewalk. 

but then, i'm not a native New Yauker, so the rest of you will have to fill me on it......
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 11:21:53 AM »

Polls have showed him beating Bloomberg or atleast close.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 02:53:26 PM »

I would love to see the racial resentments that NY Democrats have long been inciting come back to bite them again, as they did in 2001.

The best scenario would be a nasty primary battle between Ferrer and a white Democrat.  Democrats have given blacks and Puerto Ricans the idea that its wrong to run against one of "their" candidates.  That is what basically gave Bloomberg his 2001 victory, as some blacks and Puerto Ricans refused to vote for Mark Green.

I hate Fernando Ferrer.  He is anti-white and is a typical liberal in wanting to penalize those who work and pay the taxes in favor of those who do neither.  He would be a disaster as mayor.  And the fact that he was elected Borough President of the Bronx proves that.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 11:58:10 PM »

I would love to see the racial resentments that NY Democrats have long been inciting come back to bite them again, as they did in 2001.

The best scenario would be a nasty primary battle between Ferrer and a white Democrat.  Democrats have given blacks and Puerto Ricans the idea that its wrong to run against one of "their" candidates.  That is what basically gave Bloomberg his 2001 victory, as some blacks and Puerto Ricans refused to vote for Mark Green.

I hate Fernando Ferrer.  He is anti-white and is a typical liberal in wanting to penalize those who work and pay the taxes in favor of those who do neither.  He would be a disaster as mayor.  And the fact that he was elected Borough President of the Bronx proves that.

Fernando Ferrer would be an excellent mayor for NYC.  How exactly is he anti-white??  Your dillusional.  Its amazing how Republicans love to give Rudy credit for the crime reduction in NYC, but say the guy who was the head of the bourough with the sharpest crime reduction is so bad
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 05:06:07 PM »

I've already got my man!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies