Nothing to see here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:15:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Nothing to see here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Nothing to see here  (Read 6915 times)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 11, 2013, 11:01:37 AM »

So yeah, now that Update is on hiatus there's really nothing interesting left on this website and no reason for me to be here. I'll still prob hang out on irc from time to time, most of the people I care about here are there. If/when Update comes back I'll return ofc. But until then bye, its been nice[ish].

o/ Purple heart Purple heart
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 11:05:56 AM »

If your only reason for visiting an online community is to watch and cheer as a man insistently and proudly destroys himself, then good riddance.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 11:17:53 AM »

If your only reason for visiting an online community is to watch and cheer as a man insistently and proudly destroys himself, then good riddance.

If Update never existed, then I firmly believe that Bushie would be dead or in jail at this point. Update was a support structure that helped Bushie considerably.

Sad to see you go drj, hopefully the Update returns soon.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 11:28:13 AM »

If there are seriously people who only come here to masturbate to the 'comedy' of a guy with serious emotional problems destroying what remains of his life I don't think losing them is any great loss. I get the impression that if Bushie literally killed himself you'd all laugh and declare it GREAT WRITING!!!!! or whatever.

We'll be better off without the sick Update enablers.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 11:47:55 AM »

If there are seriously people who only come here to masturbate to the 'comedy' of a guy with serious emotional problems destroying what remains of his life I don't think losing them is any great loss. I get the impression that if Bushie literally killed himself you'd all laugh and declare it GREAT WRITING!!!!! or whatever.

Suicide, as tragic as it is, does not preclude great art. Sadly, many of the greatest went out that way.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 11:53:51 AM »

This and this.  I used to respect you, Kitteh.  Enphasis on used to.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 11:55:09 AM »

Suicide, as tragic as it is, does not preclude great art. Sadly, many of the greatest went out that way.

See what I mean?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 11:58:54 AM »

Most of the advice he gets consists of trying to stop him from MLMs, spending wisely and not going into debt, suggesting he eat right, end the call center nightmare, and stop his pie in the sky plans that are destined for doom.  His enablers are his FB friends who just go along with everything he says and never challenge him to make real change.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 12:17:09 PM »

Amen.

Goodbye, Kitteh.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 12:20:29 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2013, 12:23:27 PM by Torie »

So yeah, now that Update is on hiatus there's really nothing interesting left on this website and no reason for me to be here. I'll still prob hang out on irc from time to time, most of the people I care about here are there. If/when Update comes back I'll return ofc. But until then bye, its been nice[ish].

This may come as a shock to you, but the Update was not a part of the mission of this Forum. Rather it was a distraction, to phrase it as euphemistically as possible.

And yes, guilty as charged, I am doing all that I can to see to it that the Update remains in the past tense (thus the use of the verb "was").  About a third of the forum loathes me for doing that. Such is life.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 12:26:41 PM »

This may come as a shock to you, but the Update was not a part of the mission of this Forum. Rather it was a distraction, to phrase it as euphemistically as possible.

And yes, guilty as charged, I am doing all that I can to see to it that the Update remains in the past tense (thus the use of the verb "was").  About a third of the forum loathes me for doing that. Such is life.
And everything you have done has ensured that the Update remains even more of a distraction. You're like the judges in the 1970s who thought that race based busing would lead to more integration, when, in reality, it led to less.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 12:28:29 PM »

And yes, guilty as charged, I am doing all that I can to see to it that the Update remains in the past tense (thus the use of the verb "was").  About a third of the forum loathes me for doing that. Such is life.
And everything you have done has ensured that the Update remains even more of a distraction. You're like the judges in the 1970s who thought that race based busing would lead to more integration, when, in reality, it led to less.

I think it's far higher than a third.

(Iggie doesn't work on quote backs.  Sad  )
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 12:33:50 PM »

What I find most disgusting actually at the moment is the importuning, the inveigling, of Jeff using tactics to euchre him into reopening it - for your entertainment and jollies and schadenfreude. I am not going to change my mind on this. Period. So just add this one to the loooong list of things you dislike about me Memphis. Thanks.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 01:03:16 PM »

And yes, guilty as charged, I am doing all that I can to see to it that the Update remains in the past tense (thus the use of the verb "was").  About a third of the forum loathes me for doing that. Such is life.

I think it's far higher than a third.

And I hardly think the Bushie-bullying is the only reason for said loathing.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 01:07:01 PM »

Can you encourage others to join your boycott from IRC please?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 01:10:17 PM »

It is interesting how full of meaning your life must be that you've opened a thread complaining about how bored you are because you can't get to watch live action train wrecks on TV and WAAAHHH it's SO UNFAIR!11

But let me guess, you don't like Reality TV?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 01:27:11 PM »

It is interesting how full of meaning your life must be that you've opened a thread complaining about how bored you are because you can't get to watch live action train wrecks on TV and WAAAHHH it's SO UNFAIR!11

But let me guess, you don't like Reality TV?

We all interact with Bushie, GF.  Your comparison is nonsense.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 01:45:49 PM »

Bushie has said he's thinking about reopening the Update in January. Will he be allowed to if he wants to?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 01:52:04 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2013, 02:26:40 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

At least Kitteh admits he was a waste of space. The fact that 99% of the few political posts he  made were memes and 4chan/tumbler junk proved this point to begin with. I'm glad he is gone, and I hope he does not return even if the update was reopened.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 02:16:24 PM »

Bushie has said he's thinking about reopening the Update in January. Will he be allowed to if he wants to?

Nobody knows for sure - their machinations are opaque.  But, I'm a pessimist.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 02:21:23 PM »

RIP Kitteh Cry
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 02:27:11 PM »

the IPU will offer counsel to him on the best way to approach such a reopening, free of charge to Bushie.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 02:39:08 PM »

This and this.  I used to respect you, Kitteh.  Enphasis on used to.

I never did. No political substance on a forum that's supposed to be about substance, not stupid memes and one liners like a Facebook post.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 02:45:15 PM »

At least Kitteh admits he was a waste of space. The fact that 99% of the few political posts he  made were memes and 4chan/tumbler junk proved this point to begin with. I'm glad he is gone, and I hope he does not return even if the update was reopened.

Did you edit your post solely to change the pronouns? I don't recall seeing any 'he' references prior, when I saw your otherwise rude and condescending post as I scrolled down.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 02:50:41 PM »

Did you edit your post solely to change the pronouns? I don't recall seeing any 'he' references prior, when I saw your otherwise rude and condescending post as I scrolled down.
I rewrote it to make it directed at Kitteh; when I read it, I thought it could be misread as directed to somebody else.

Kitteh was the embodiment of what it is to be rude and condescending, and the fact that he was not involved in the actual purpose of this forum shows his true colors. Why are you bothering to defend him?

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies