PPP to poll MS and MT this weekend
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:45:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  PPP to poll MS and MT this weekend
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP to poll MS and MT this weekend  (Read 984 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2013, 05:12:07 AM »

The MS 2016 numbers should be interesting ... Smiley

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/11/montana-and-mississppi-question-suggestions.html
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 05:09:14 PM »

Could be interesting indeed. Tongue Although I'm certainly not holding my breath.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 05:24:16 PM »

Thank God they aren't doing Kentucky.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 04:27:37 PM »

Mississippi could be very interesting.  If there is one state in the deep south that could make the GOP sweat, it might be Mississippi after the closer-than-expected election of 2012.  However, that was with a black Obama on the ticket.  With him not on the ticket, that could also swing it back to pre-Obama levels.  I'm predicting the latter, but would not be surprised by the former.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 04:36:52 PM »

Some bad news in MT I guess...

And for MS, I hope they will poll Hood, Taylor and Childers!
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 04:49:13 PM »

Montana results should be interesting for the Senate and for 2016. As for Mississippi, the Senate and President results will be interesting as far as % goes, but predictable.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 04:02:54 AM »

Mississippi could be very interesting.  If there is one state in the deep south that could make the GOP sweat, it might be Mississippi after the closer-than-expected election of 2012.  However, that was with a black Obama on the ticket.  With him not on the ticket, that could also swing it back to pre-Obama levels.  I'm predicting the latter, but would not be surprised by the former.

The MS poll might actually show a lead for the Republicans, well within 10% or even closer than that (maybe the Southern candidates Paul and Rubio up 5-10, while the Romney-like Christie and the not so well known Cruz about tied with Hillary):

MS is getting increasingly more "black". Blacks account for 38% of the population is MS and they account for 43% of all annual births in MS.

This means the percentage of Blacks will naturally increase until 2016, which helps the Democratic candidate there.

Also, I think Obama's black coalition will also come out for Hillary, because the Clintons have historically been strong with Blacks.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 10:38:49 AM »

Any liberal-leaning Democrat is going to win the vast majority of the black vote in Mississippi.  If whites in Mississippi voted like whites in Kentucky or West Virginia, then Mississippi would be an easy pickup for Hillary Clinton. Of course even that asks for a lot.

Barack Obama is the definitive city-slicker politician who just can't appeal to rural votes, and it is obvious that something else about him engendered some fears among Southern whites. Hillary doesn't bring about those fears.   
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 03:45:02 PM »

The MS poll might actually show a lead for the Republicans, well within 10% or even closer than that (maybe the Southern candidates Paul and Rubio up 5-10, while the Romney-like Christie and the not so well known Cruz about tied with Hillary):

MS is getting increasingly more "black". Blacks account for 38% of the population is MS and they account for 43% of all annual births in MS.

This means the percentage of Blacks will naturally increase until 2016, which helps the Democratic candidate there.

Also, I think Obama's black coalition will also come out for Hillary, because the Clintons have historically been strong with Blacks.

PPP twittered that Cruz leads among MS Republicans but indeed leads Hillary by only 2 points there.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 03:52:24 PM »

PPP twittered that Cruz leads among MS Republicans but indeed leads Hillary by only 2 points there.

Wow.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 04:27:13 PM »

Why didn't they release the 2016 numbers with the rest of the poll numbers though? Same thing with Montana also... They keep the numbers for themselves just for fun?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 04:29:24 PM »

Why didn't they release the 2016 numbers with the rest of the poll numbers though? Same thing with Montana also... They keep the numbers for themselves just for fun?

They always release it over 2 days.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies