CO-Quinnipiac: Hick slightly up on Tancredo, Gessler
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:58:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CO-Quinnipiac: Hick slightly up on Tancredo, Gessler
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-Quinnipiac: Hick slightly up on Tancredo, Gessler  (Read 2025 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 19, 2013, 03:16:56 PM »

Report.

Hick's approvals are 48/46. He leads Tancredo 46-41 and Gessler 45-40.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:19:37 PM »

Vulnerable with a decent opponent, which those 2 aren't. You can't get more polarized than that.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 08:40:29 PM »

Worthless, noodle governor.  He's better off resigning.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »

IIRC, the last poll from them only had Hickenlooper up by one point against Tancredo, so I guess this could be considered a slight "improvement". Tongue
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 09:27:01 PM »

He's probably going to win but only because the GOP in Colorado thinks that Colorado is part of the Bible Belt.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 09:29:08 PM »

This'll be a close one, but I expect Hick to carry it out in the end.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 09:45:28 PM »

Colorado always looks bad for Democrats a year before the election, but it'll come home in the end.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 10:59:14 PM »

Imagine if Republicans in Colorado didn't have a bench of loons!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 08:24:28 PM »

Oh good, the recovery's starting.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 08:51:49 PM »

Dang Hick, what happened?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 09:30:07 PM »

Basically, he's started to govern from the left which has annoyed many of the conservatives in Colorado.

Would like to see PPP poll here, Qunnipac's numbers feel too optimistic for the Republicans, but we don't have other evidence to prove whether Colorado is souring on Democrats.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 03:02:32 PM »

The CO GOP seem like "loons" because of the demographic changes which moved the state from reddish to bluish in a very short period of time.  As a result, the GOP got caught with their pants down and now, has rendered itself almost unelectable. 

I fully expect Hickenlooper to win another term and I don't think in the end, it will be that interesting.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 04:10:12 PM »

The CO GOP seem like "loons" because of the demographic changes which moved the state from reddish to bluish in a very short period of time.  As a result, the GOP got caught with their pants down and now, has rendered itself almost unelectable. 

I fully expect Hickenlooper to win another term and I don't think in the end, it will be that interesting.

I actually agree with you.

And obviously without a sane candidate the CO GOP stands no hope of making it competitive later on this year.

The poll is probably close against weak candidates  because it's early on. But I don't take it as a Hickenlooper scot free card since it shows that he is in a vulnerable political state. Esp. if he is governing more towards the left in a moderate leaning state like Colorado.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 04:19:07 PM »

And obviously without a sane candidate the CO GOP stands no hope of making it competitive later on this year.

The poll is probably close against weak candidates  because it's early on. But I don't take it as a Hickenlooper scot free card since it shows that he is in a vulnerable political state. Esp. if he is governing more towards the left in a moderate leaning state like Colorado.
And keep in mind that the presidential race in CO last year didn't turn out to be much of a nail-biter either and it was a near must-win state for Mitt Romney.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 04:21:40 PM »

That is how California went from a state that went generally R to overwhelmingly D.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 04:28:25 PM »

And keep in mind that the presidential race in CO last year didn't turn out to be much of a nail-biter either and it was a near must-win state for Mitt Romney.

Democrats pretty consistently do better than their polling numbers in Colorado, for whatever reason. Hickenlooper was only supposed to win by 5% or so in 2010; he ended up easily winning by double digits. Obama's average lead right before the election was only 1-2% in 2012; he won by 5%.

Obviously this doesn't really apply a year before the election, but anyone putting any stock into polls showing a Republican wave in Colorado hasn't been paying attention for the last six years or so.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 07:07:38 PM »

Quinnipiac has a horrible track record in Colorado, even at the height of the Obama campaign in 2012 after the 47% video was released they only showed him with a 1 point lead.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 10:14:14 PM »

That is how California went from a state that went generally R to overwhelmingly D.
Pete Wilson's immigration reform starting in the mid to late 90s was the end of the GOP in CA.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies