CO-Quinnipiac: Hick slightly up on Tancredo, Gessler (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:51:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CO-Quinnipiac: Hick slightly up on Tancredo, Gessler (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-Quinnipiac: Hick slightly up on Tancredo, Gessler  (Read 2058 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: November 19, 2013, 09:45:28 PM »

Colorado always looks bad for Democrats a year before the election, but it'll come home in the end.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 04:28:25 PM »

The CO GOP seem like "loons" because of the demographic changes which moved the state from reddish to bluish in a very short period of time.  As a result, the GOP got caught with their pants down and now, has rendered itself almost unelectable. 

I fully expect Hickenlooper to win another term and I don't think in the end, it will be that interesting.

I actually agree with you.

And obviously without a sane candidate the CO GOP stands no hope of making it competitive later on this year.

The poll is probably close against weak candidates  because it's early on. But I don't take it as a Hickenlooper scot free card since it shows that he is in a vulnerable political state. Esp. if he is governing more towards the left in a moderate leaning state like Colorado.
And keep in mind that the presidential race in CO last year didn't turn out to be much of a nail-biter either and it was a near must-win state for Mitt Romney.

Democrats pretty consistently do better than their polling numbers in Colorado, for whatever reason. Hickenlooper was only supposed to win by 5% or so in 2010; he ended up easily winning by double digits. Obama's average lead right before the election was only 1-2% in 2012; he won by 5%.

Obviously this doesn't really apply a year before the election, but anyone putting any stock into polls showing a Republican wave in Colorado hasn't been paying attention for the last six years or so.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies