Steve Stockman's sadistic hellhole of a campaign HQ gets shut down by city
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:01:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Steve Stockman's sadistic hellhole of a campaign HQ gets shut down by city
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Steve Stockman's sadistic hellhole of a campaign HQ gets shut down by city  (Read 2389 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 19, 2013, 06:46:22 PM »

Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX) presents himself as an advocate for fiscal responsibility and effective management of government. Despite this, he can't seem to keep his reelection campaign fiscally solvent and was operating his campaign out of a derelict former motorcycle shop that had been deemed "unsafe for human habitation" by city officials.

The Stockman campaign headquarters, located in a Houston suburb, were next door to a used hot tub dealership and a strip mall and the owner had lent Stockman the space rent-free.

Stockman even had his campaign staff living at the facility.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It doesn't seem Stockman campaign workers can expect much better for his 2014 campaign, since it is more or less broke and in debt.

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 07:49:31 PM »

How is this guy not getting primaried?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 08:07:42 PM »

R-Texas
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 08:10:05 PM »

From the left? In Texas?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 08:16:54 PM »

From the anywhere would do...
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 08:33:46 PM »

Really, it shouldn't be that hard for a Tea Partier to run on something like "Stockman says he's a conservative, but he can't even get his campaign in order!"
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 08:50:05 PM »

LOL
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 12:31:55 PM »

It wouldn't be hard for any competent Republican with a campaign account to take the seat, I would think.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 02:49:44 PM »

Of the 435 seats in the House, maybe, and this might even be a stretch, there are 75 that could be considered "competitive".

The GOP has about 200 seats that are pretty much invulnerable, the dems have about 170 or so.

This is why we have the vast bulk of the House, on both sides, is pandering to the whacky bird crazy factions of their own party and so few running in the political centre.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 04:34:21 PM »

This is why we have the vast bulk of the House, on both sides, is pandering to the whacky bird crazy factions of their own party and so few running in the political centre.

True. It's been disconcerting to see the Kucinich/Cindy Sheehan wing of the Democratic Party rise to dominance in tandem with the Tea Party wing of the GOP... we've had some truly brutal senate primaries on the Dem side because of the purity chase.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 06:29:56 PM »

True. It's been disconcerting to see the Kucinich/Cindy Sheehan wing of the Democratic Party rise to dominance in tandem with the Tea Party wing of the GOP... we've had some truly brutal senate primaries on the Dem side because of the purity chase.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 06:33:54 PM »

Which Senate primaries, may I ask?
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 08:20:38 PM »

Which Senate primaries, may I ask?

Sarcasm sometimes is hard to detect on the interwebs, but I don't think it was here.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 12:20:15 AM »

It wouldn't be hard for any competent Republican with a campaign account to take the seat, I would think.

Since when do Republican Primary voters in Texas nominate anyone competent??  They love the bats*** crazy, and its pretty hard to out bats*** crazy Steve Stockman.  Perhaps Louie Gomhert can pull the out bats*** crazy Stockman off, but he is already in Congress.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 12:42:22 AM »

Texas loves electing crazy people to Congress like Louie Gohmert. I don't think they really care about a normal candidate.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 12:53:27 AM »

Since when do Republican Primary voters in Texas nominate anyone competent??  They love the bats*** crazy, and its pretty hard to out bats*** crazy Steve Stockman.  Perhaps Louie Gomhert can pull the out bats*** crazy Stockman off, but he is already in Congress.

The caliber of Texas Republicans dropped significantly after DeLay forced through the 2003 redistricting. There are still some islands of sanity left, mainly at the state/local level - people like SBOE member Thomas Ratliff, State Sen. Robert Duncan, State Rep. Sarah Davis and former Dallas mayor Tom Leppert. But at this point, other than that, you can choose from Tea Party fundies or unreconstructed Dixiecrat turncoats.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 01:00:10 AM »
« Edited: November 21, 2013, 10:06:43 AM by Grad Students are the Worst »

Campaign workers sleeping in a campaign office?

With combustible yardsigns stacked everywhere?

God, that's terrible, and I've certainly never heard of such a thing happening ever before.

(I do wonder why the hell his staffers are working that hard, though.  R-Texas with massive debt.  What're they getting out of it, besides free bunk beds?)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 01:19:55 AM »

Of the 435 seats in the House, maybe, and this might even be a stretch, there are 75 that could be considered "competitive".

The GOP has about 200 seats that are pretty much invulnerable, the dems have about 170 or so.

That's the problem. We are set up for extremism, corruption, incompetence, gridlock, and cronyism in the House of Representatives.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 09:08:15 AM »

Texas loves electing crazy people to Congress like Louie Gohmert. I don't think they really care about a normal candidate.

True, but what gets me is that Stockman doesn't clearly have a competent election machine, so what's stopping the next Louie Gohmert from running a whacko bird Tea Party campaign against Stockman from the right? It seems like Stockman would collapse easily.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 11:51:50 AM »

True, but what gets me is that Stockman doesn't clearly have a competent election machine, so what's stopping the next Louie Gohmert from running a whacko bird Tea Party campaign against Stockman from the right? It seems like Stockman would collapse easily.
Because he is already a whacko bird Tea Partier.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »

Campaign workers sleeping in a campaign office?

With combustible yardsigns stacked everywhere?

God, that's terrible, and I've certainly never heard of such a thing happening ever before.

(I do wonder why the hell his staffers are working that hard, though.  R-Texas with massive debt.  What're they getting out of it, besides free bunk beds?)
These are probably not people that anybody sane would offer a free bunk bed to.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2013, 01:26:14 AM »

Pictures have emerged:

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2013, 02:06:56 AM »

This is like the set of where all those hillbilly methheads live on True Blood.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 02:07:39 AM »

The House Dems aren't pandering to the whacky birds.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2013, 02:17:08 AM »

The House Dems aren't pandering to the whacky birds.

Yeah seriously. For every one Alan Grayson and Dennis Kucinich you have 10 Bachmanns/Stockmans.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies