FL: Saint Leo University: Crist +12
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:54:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL: Saint Leo University: Crist +12
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: Saint Leo University: Crist +12  (Read 686 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 13, 2013, 03:34:43 PM »

Report.

Crist (D)- 46%
Scott (R)- 34%

Rich (D)- 31%
Scott (R)- 36%
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 03:48:15 PM »

Wish we had a better candidate in this race, I'm just not sold on Crist he has so much baggage. It looks like Scott will go the scorched earth route with this race he has the money to do it too. We could end up seeing a VA-Gov situation with race between unlikable candidates we need to watch out for any potential third party candidates who could shake things up.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 04:04:03 PM »

Is there any way Scott wins this? Barring a Republican wave even bigger than 2010 and/or Crist going down to scandal?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 04:05:15 PM »

I still have Rich winning the Nomination... so yes Scott can win...
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 04:21:53 PM »

Is there any way Scott wins this? Barring a Republican wave even bigger than 2010 and/or Crist going down to scandal?

Yes absolutely he could by making the race about Crist the will surely highlight his flip-flopping on abortion and gay marriage which could turn off Dems. This is why I don't like party-switchers their not reliable and make bad candidates.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 04:24:47 PM »

The Dem bench in Florida is so pathetic, I wish Kathy Castor would just jump in this race she would crush Scott.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 04:28:37 PM »

Yes absolutely he could by making the race about Crist the will surely highlight his flip-flopping on abortion and gay marriage which could turn off Dems. This is why I don't like party-switchers their not reliable and make bad candidates.

Well yes, Scott could succeed in dragging Crist through the mud, but that wouldn't make himself preferable, it would just make Crist the lesser of two evils.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 06:16:08 PM »

Well yes, Scott could succeed in dragging Crist through the mud, but that wouldn't make himself preferable, it would just make Crist the lesser of two evils.

Wouldn't that just be the difference between a Crist single-digit win, and a Crist double-digit win?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 07:26:49 PM »

She's trailing by 40 and the Establishment Democratic party will destroy her. She's not near the politician that Joe Sestak, Andrew Romanoff or even Bill Halter is.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 07:42:12 PM »

There's also still the outside chance Bill Nelson jumps in which changes the whole dynamic of the race. Nelson said he would only run if Crist screws up so if he makes a major gaffe or something watch out for Nelson. I would feel much more comfortable about Nelson running but his Senate seat is far more valuable than the Governor's Mansion.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 11:24:50 PM »

There's also still the outside chance Bill Nelson jumps in which changes the whole dynamic of the race. Nelson said he would only run if Crist screws up so if he makes a major gaffe or something watch out for Nelson. I would feel much more comfortable about Nelson running but his Senate seat is far more valuable than the Governor's Mansion.

Nelson's not getting in - Crist leads Nelson in primary polling. All Nelson getting in would mean is a contested Dem primary and a bunch of primary spending, and better odds for Scott in the end.

The Dem bench in Florida is so pathetic, I wish Kathy Castor would just jump in this race she would crush Scott.

Castor (my Congresswoman!) has never struck me as having those kind of ambitions. Besides, Crist is a stronger candidate - she has very little name recognition outside of my area.

lol
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies