MI-Sen, PPP: Land in the lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:26:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  MI-Sen, PPP: Land in the lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-Sen, PPP: Land in the lead  (Read 8161 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: December 10, 2013, 09:31:32 AM »

First they say, "LOL at anyone believing a Michigan-based pollster!!!" Now it's, "Well, PPP can be wrong sometimes..."

The excuses will have me literally doubled over next year.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:11:57 AM »

First they say, "LOL at anyone believing a Michigan-based pollster!!!" Now it's, "Well, PPP can be wrong sometimes..."

I've wondered why you were such a huge fan of all things Santorum (surely he isn't the only politician who appeals to you at an ideological level), but I've finally figured it out.  The common thread is that you both appear to derive genuine pleasure from acting like a jerk whenever anyone disagrees with you.  Pre-Obama hug Christie must have been right up your ally (he probably still is Tongue ).  Thanks for clearing that up Smiley

Haha, uh, are you kidding? A few things to clear up for you...

1) You're correct in thinking Santorum isn't the only politician to appeal to me ideologically. I identify and admire others. And because I'm a human being, I also have my disagreements with Santorum. People conveniently select what they want to see/hear though.

2) Comb through just a few of my many posts from the past nine years. It's easy to see I'm clearly outnumbered politically around these parts. To say that I'm a jerk whenever someone disagrees with me is obviously wrong on the surface and even more idiotic when you consider many of the people I consider friends on here are from "the other side."

3) My post here is no different from the countless posters that occasionally show their partisan side when a poll is published showing a favorable result. You're singling mine out over anger. Take it easy.

4) Just to highlight a little more of your ignorance, I have always liked Christie. Do yourself a favor and don't assume my feelings were any different "Pre-Obama hug." That didn't bother me.

Have a nice day now. Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 03:37:19 PM »

It wasn't even so much this post as an overall pattern, but whatever, I'm not invested in this enough to dig through your posting history for examples, tbh.  Also, I never said your feelings about Christie were any different post-Obama hug than they were before, in fact I said that I suspected they were the same.  I will admit that I was in a bad mood about other stuff (and I'll admit, annoyed by the poll) when I posted the comment and it was probably uncalled for.  Btw, I am curious, what would be an example of an ideological disagreement you have with Santorum?  I've been here a while and I cannot remember you ever mentioning one, but that obviously doesn't mean you don't have any.

Well, if you're not that invested in this, don't make definitive judgements on my attitude here. And I was asking you to look through my posts for it to become immediately evident to you that I'm not "always a jerk whenever someone disagrees" with me. I wasn't asking you to dig through to prove your point. It's just that your point is easily proven wrong, ironically, by the very fact that you thought I was asking you to find examples of me being a jerk just because someone disagrees with me. If I did that all the time, you wouldn't have to do much digging. Wink

I said I disagreed with Santorum. That can include many things, not just an ideological difference. It doesn't have to be an ideological difference to be an "acceptable" difference. That said, I do have policy differences with Santorum. Most recently, I'd say we differ on intervention in Syria and Libya.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 07:15:43 PM »

And now its that name recognition is poor for Peters. I mean, there's a reason to doubt every poll, but this is just ridiculous.

Yeah, he mysteriously became unknown when he lost his lead!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 08:48:27 PM »

And now its that name recognition is poor for Peters. I mean, there's a reason to doubt every poll, but this is just ridiculous.

Yeah, he mysteriously became unknown when he lost his lead!

He's always been unknown.

Don't blame me when I call it again and you can't crack Michigan again.

I never said the GOP would win the seat. I just don't think Peters is a near slam dunk like the usual suspects here think.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies