San Francisco tech nerds: Poor people are "trash" and need to "stay out" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:14:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  San Francisco tech nerds: Poor people are "trash" and need to "stay out" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: San Francisco tech nerds: Poor people are "trash" and need to "stay out"  (Read 3672 times)
CountryClassSF

« on: December 13, 2013, 01:57:53 AM »
« edited: December 13, 2013, 08:03:25 AM by True Federalist »

Thank goodness this guy was brave enough to speak the truth about this filthy freakshow city that I live in.

The headline in this post is a bit misleading, he wasn't talking about "the poor" -- I can go to poor communities in West Virginia and Mississippi and actually feel safe walking down the street. I DON'T feel safe walking down the street here in this 3rd world cesspool, because the so-called homeless here are aggressive and mentally ill.

I think you're going to see more of this as tech people continue to move into the Bay Area.  They're coming from normal places, and they are shocked to see what a 3rd world this place has become. I want to move.

I love how it's somehow a NEWSFLASH to people in this town that yes, most people don't like walking down the street and having to see freaks everywhere.

You all have to live here to see what this guy is talking about. All he's doing is observing his surroundings, and the communist "majority" is trashing him because of it.  Yes, the guy's probably a lib himself...
CountryClassSF

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 02:04:02 AM »

I'm sorry you feel that way.  But, the broader point I'm trying to make is, he wasn't trashing the "poor." He was talking about the mentally ill majority here in the city. This city finds normalcy to be OFFENSIVE, and it's discouraged to act and blend in with the rest of society east of the bay bridge.

Try being a conservative in the most "Tolerant" city in America. Try it for a day.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 02:11:49 AM »
« Edited: December 13, 2013, 02:13:29 AM by CountryClassSF »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No sorry, there's a difference when people like this (and Peter Shih from before) speak out and it makes the front page.  Liberals are all about shaming people in public. That's an Alinsky tactic. 

Think about it, some dude makes a comment about the tech industry, and it made the front pages across the city. What sane society would consider someone's opinion on where they live to be major news?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 02:22:45 AM »

I made that point in my post, that that's why saying that Gopman made comments about the "poor" is deceptive.  Sorry, but I actually live here, and the majority of people on the streets here particularly in the downtown area on Market St are mentally ill.  I don't even think a lot of them are homeless, just loud and they have like a gang-sta type attitude or something. It frightens me to walk down the street sometimes.
Well, as a fan of Utah County, I think you should feel very lucky to live in one of the cleanest, safest, most highest quality of life places in this country.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 02:35:36 AM »

I see. Well, you had said "Try being a liberal in Provo" so I assumed that's where you lived. It certainly seems like you're brushing off the fact that there are lunatics in the streets around here. Face it, you don't have that problem in the real Utah,, which is one of the greatest and safest states in the nation as you're probably aware. Yes, SLC area is more sympathetic to some aspects of liberal leftism, but it's nothing compared to around here. This place is on its own planet, and I actually live here, and I observe the things Gopman has observed. It's a dirty city that can't even clean the roads!
CountryClassSF

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »

Isn't this supposed to be a city of "tolerance" and "diversity"? Or is a different opinion not welcome?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 02:28:22 AM »

Someone who is promoting communist symbols is not going to lecture me on either of these topics.  Name one bigoted thing or racist thing that I said. Revolting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies