San Francisco tech nerds: Poor people are "trash" and need to "stay out" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:54:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  San Francisco tech nerds: Poor people are "trash" and need to "stay out" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: San Francisco tech nerds: Poor people are "trash" and need to "stay out"  (Read 3694 times)
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« on: December 13, 2013, 02:16:12 AM »

I'm sorry you feel that way.  But, the broader point I'm trying to make is, he wasn't trashing the "poor." He was talking about the mentally ill majority here in the city. This city finds normalcy to be OFFENSIVE, and it's discouraged to act and blend in with the rest of society east of the bay bridge.

Try being a conservative in the most "Tolerant" city in America. Try it for a day.

You do know that, contrary to what you think, not everyone who is homeless is a mentally ill deviant. In fact, a great deal of them are normal people who have been lost their homes due to unfortunate circumstances that hit them, and if anything, helping them get back on their feet and reintegrate, rather then driving them away, will only contribute to the economy and help the city sustain itself.

Oh, and about your second part, try being a liberal in Provo. Or in Cedar City, where a local businessman fired a couple of his employees solely because they voted for Obama. This works both ways.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 02:30:38 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I made that point in my post, that that's why saying that Gopman made comments about the "poor" is deceptive.  Sorry, but I actually live here, and the majority of people on the streets here particularly in the downtown area on Market St are mentally ill.  I don't even think a lot of them are homeless, just loud and they have like a gang-sta type attitude or something. It frightens me to walk down the street sometimes.
Well, as a fan of Utah County, I think you should feel very lucky to live in one of the cleanest, safest, most highest quality of life places in this country.

First part: Do you have any proof to support either of those statements? If they're not really homeless, what possible reason would they have to pretend to be?

Second part: First, I don't live in Utah County - I live in Salt Lake County - specifically Salt Lake City. It has all of the benefits you mentioned and more stuff to do than in Utah County and I can openly support democratic candidates. All of the positives, and none of the negatives.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 02:41:52 AM »
« Edited: December 13, 2013, 02:47:50 AM by SLValleyMan »

I see. Well, you had said "Try being a liberal in Provo" so I assumed that's where you lived. It certainly seems like you're brushing off the fact that there are lunatics in the streets around here. Face it, you don't have that problem in the real Utah,, which is one of the greatest and safest states in the nation as you're probably aware. Yes, SLC area is more sympathetic to some aspects of liberal leftism, but it's nothing compared to around here. This place is on its own planet, and I actually live here, and I observe the things Gopman has observed. It's a dirty city that can't even clean the roads!

Again, do you have proof that the homeless people of San Francisco are mentally ill or "faking" besides anecdotal evidence?

And what's this about the "real" Utah? Are you implying that SLC shouldn't be part of the state because it doesn't conform to the rest of the state politically? If so, then by that logic, all the conservative parts of California should be thrown out of the state for not being part of the "real" California.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 10:15:48 PM »

Isn't this supposed to be a city of "tolerance" and "diversity"? Or is a different opinion not welcome?

You know, I noticed that Ernest edited out the part of your first comment which implied that part of your reason for disliking San Francisco is that gay people live there. Between this and your comment suggesting that the homeless are either mentally ill or "faking", if this is the way that you present yourself to your fellow San Francisco residents, then I can't say I blame them for being less than friendly towards you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies