Nephilim
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:32:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Nephilim
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nephilim  (Read 575 times)
Wakie
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 20, 2005, 10:56:05 AM »

Hey jmfcst, since you're a biblical scholar and all I was wondering if you could explain who the Nephilim are.  I've asked several people and no one seems to be able to come up with a solid answer for me.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 11:14:39 AM »

Hey jmfcst, since you're a biblical scholar and all I was wondering if you could explain who the Nephilim are.  I've asked several people and no one seems to be able to come up with a solid answer for me.

Gen 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days-and also afterward-when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

The verse seems to imply that some rebelling angels of Satan's legion knocked-up some human females and started a new race that later died off.  But since there are no second witnesses in scripture to this and since the Nephilim are not mentioned again (except by the lying spies who were too coward to take possession of the Promised Land), it seems pretty irrelevant, IMO, who they were....But I have no reason to question the account of Gen 6:4.

---

“Every matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.” (Deut 17:16, 19:15; Mat 18:16; 2Cor 13:1; 1Tim 5:19; Heb 10:28)

….so, since there is no second witness to the origin of the Nephilim, I don’t bother trying to figure it out.  Also, the bible doesn’t belabor the origin of the Nephilim, God simply mentions them in passing, during the account of the origin of the nations, as a race that has died off.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies