Pataki 2008
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:01:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Pataki 2008
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pataki 2008  (Read 1775 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 13, 2005, 11:10:53 PM »

LOL. Remember the Republicans who during the campaign thought he'd be a great candidate and that he could win even despite not being sufficiently conservative for the base for all those reasons, and how he was being hyped up when he made his hints at running?

It's hilarious to laugh at anyone who wanted him in retrospect. Now he'll be lucky to lose by only 10 points next year.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 11:13:16 PM »

The same thing can be said about Clark fans such as yourself. Oh how Clark was the answer to all the Democrats' troubles! What happened to him? Didn't he barely win Oklahoma and disappear?

I will agree though that the idea of him as the nominee was pretty far-fetched. I think he'll be done with politics. I don't expect him to run in 2006.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 11:15:58 PM »

No, that's a terrible analogy. A better one would be people who wanted Gray Davis in early 2002.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 11:18:56 PM »

No, that's a terrible analogy. A better one would be people who wanted Gray Davis in early 2002.

No, I think that's a perfect analogy. Clark was supposed to be that awesome candidate. There was no way he could lose it. He might not have been a registered Democrat his whole life but he was hyped because of his military background.

It's hilarious to laugh at anyone who thought he could win the nomination in retrospect. Now he'll be lucky to even be mentioned as a 2008 VP candidate.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 11:21:29 PM »

He was a candidate who lost the primary but had a strong showing coming in. He was an elected official who became a total joke even before the primary.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 11:22:35 PM »

God help Arkansas!  Clark will probably run for Governor before throwing his hat back into the Presidential arena.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 11:15:48 AM »

i still like pataki and still think hed make an excellent president.

will he run?  no, probably not.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 12:09:54 PM »

Pataki is rather worthless and I don't give a crap what becomes of him, since I know it won't involve a Republican nomination for President.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 02:29:19 PM »

Pataki started out as a great governor for New York, after twelve years of hare-brained liberal stultification under Mario Cuomo.

He cut taxes, limited state spending, instituted tough welfare reform, eliminated early parole for criminals and instituted finger printed for welfare recipients, all against the stiff opposition of those dreadful New York City Democrats.

In recent years, he has been little better than a pale imitation of a Democrat.  He takes a weak Republican position and then abandons it.

Pataki made a mistake in going for a third term in my opinion.  Had he just served 2 terms, he could have gone out with some dignity, and maybe had a political future.  But now I think he's done.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2005, 06:37:32 PM »

He was buddies with another George at Yale.
This George is finished.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 10:49:41 PM »

Gray Davis was not a bad governor; he just got screwed by Issa and the Republicans of California.  What he did for education in California was unbelievable, but they focused on the debt, and, hence, he was thrown out of office.  It was totally unfair.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2005, 10:50:21 PM »

God help Arkansas!  Clark will probably run for Governor before throwing his hat back into the Presidential arena.

Nope.  He won't.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies