Gay marriage Ban Struck Down in Utah. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:05:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gay marriage Ban Struck Down in Utah. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gay marriage Ban Struck Down in Utah.  (Read 14816 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« on: December 20, 2013, 05:39:42 PM »

o_______O

WOW. And here we were all thinking that Utah would be one of the last states to get it legalized. Utahns are going to absolutely hate this decision, but it serves those ignorant Mormons right.

This just put us on a strong and quick path to marriage equality statewide very soon though. If Utah can get it, there's no boundaries it can't get around. If the Supreme Court doesn't end up taking this case though or voting in favor of us, I would suspect West Virginia is the last state to legalize it.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 07:42:33 PM »

This is a little OT, but how awesome would it be if a federal judge ruled within the next few days or so that Louisiana's ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional? I would love to see that homophobe Phil Racistson get owned by Lady Liberty. Chances are though, they would just scurry on out of the state and move to Arkansas or something.

And I'm so happy for those Utah couples! Cheesy  Since only 28% of Utahns actually support same-sex marriage, I think this will hurt the Democrats unfortunately for now, but being able to fulfill what seemed like impossible hopes and dreams for those same-sex couples and this country at large beats out state politics anyways. I wonder if this might influence Matheson though to shortly in the future come out in support of it especially since he no longer has to worry about re-election. I might change my mind on my opinion of the guy down the road if he does.

Just from this ruling though, it brings great hope that marriage equality will come to the Ohio ballot in 2014 and will almost certainly pass! Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies