Opinion of Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:51:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
FO

HO

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Opinion of Students for a Democratic Society (SDS)  (Read 2316 times)
Redalgo
United States

« on: December 21, 2013, 03:58:16 AM »

I have a higher opinion of the New Left than its older counterpart. Voted FO for now but this is not based on much information; my opinion could be very easily swayed on this one.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »

Yeah, it's personally something I have a hard time getting past.

That probably doesn't make SDS a HO, but I have a hard time calling it a FO now.

Yeah, I suppose that's about right. Unsure
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 09:50:33 AM »
« Edited: December 22, 2013, 09:52:08 AM by Redalgo »

Would you guys call Abraham Lincoln's Republican Party a "Horrible Organization" because a lot of the members thought the blacks should be moved to Africa?  Jesus Christ.

No but I wouldn't call it a "Freedom Organization" either. This is a reasonable result of the options being so damned absolute in these polls. Most people and groups contain elements of greatness and awfulness alike. Posters at times shy from a "freedom" vote if it means implying something nice about something terrible, and yet in casting a "horrible" vote one tends to overlook some of the positive things about a bloke or organization.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 11:54:28 AM »

Aye, TNF, there are double-standards and such. Though a bit sympathetic to Carter on account of his intentions, I have yet to be convinced that any of our other U.S. Presidents were clearly FFs in a way nothing nauseatingly horrible could detract from. I dislike judging people by contemporary standards though. It makes it too easy to romanticize and laud people who thought and often did terrible things. There is a difference between thinking poorly of a historical figure and thinking their contributions to society did no good.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies