Opinion of Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:30:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
FO

HO

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Opinion of Students for a Democratic Society (SDS)  (Read 2332 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: December 20, 2013, 08:04:22 PM »

FO, one of the best activist organizations of the 1960s.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:09:17 AM »

They didn't like women very much.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ugh. I wish I could change my vote.

Dude, it was an organization that existed in the 1960s. Which, if you'll recall, was not as enlightened on issues of sex, race, etc. as the society we live in today. It's kind of ridiculous to criticize the SDS for being sexist when literally every institution in American life was sexist in the 1960s.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 11:21:12 PM »

HO, and that's before I begin to think about what they thought about women's rights.

>implying that you or any of the Republicans on this board care about women's rights

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 10:40:49 AM »

Again, just in case you missed it the first time:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Would you guys call Abraham Lincoln's Republican Party a "Horrible Organization" because a lot of the members thought the blacks should be moved to Africa?  Jesus Christ.

Isn't it odd how liberals overlook the faults of liberal politicians (FDR interning the Japanese, Truman nuking Japan twice, JFK getting us involved in Vietnam, LBJ continuing mass slaughter in Vietnam for no reason, Carter doing nothing of value at all, Clinton signing NAFTA, welfare reform, etc) and liberal organizations (like the 1860s GOP, which wanted to deport blacks to Africa, as did Lincoln up until very late in the war) but fixate themselves on a sole failure of radical or conservative organizations? Or have a marked inability to judge historical figures by the standards of their own day?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies