Opinion of Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:10:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
FO

HO

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Opinion of Students for a Democratic Society (SDS)  (Read 2328 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: December 21, 2013, 08:51:01 PM »

I don't care for their views, but I think their activism helped define an important era (1967-1971ish). HO overall.

They didn't like women very much.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Where is this from?
I don't about SDS, but wasn't the leader of the Black Panther Movement a serial rapist who fled to Algeria before returning in the 1980s and converting to Mormonism and becoming a Reagan conservative Tongue.

One of the most badass men alive, yes.

Eldridge Cleaver died in 1998. Badass normally has positive connotations. Do you admire this piece of scum?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:31:05 PM »

Thank you! The fact that some people persist in taking me seriously makes me continually lose faith in the forum. That said, with all my sarcasm is a tiny bit of seriousness (or vice versa).

I generally never read his posts, so I wouldn't know. And the share of sexists on here is so high you never know if people are serious, semi-serious or just cynical when they say things like that.  The word badass is generally a trigger word for me - filled with admiration for jerks and scumbags. Also serial rape is no laughing matter - especially if you know rape victims personally, as I do.
But what the heck, it just remind me why I took a 5 month break from the forum - probably shouldn't have come back.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies