surprise nominees for 2008?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:33:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  surprise nominees for 2008?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: surprise nominees for 2008?  (Read 8891 times)
AuH2O
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2005, 08:32:07 PM »

I've only lived in AR for a few months now, but already I'm unimpressed with Huckabee, especially his effort to give ilegal aliens in- state tuition.  I thought that only Mass liberals wanted to do something like that, not Arkansas GOP Governors.  Stunning!  Oh well.

But haven't you heard? That's the new GOP policy: encourage illegal immigration to pander to the Hispanic vote. Hopefully the inevitable backlash will hit them like a ton of bricks. That also applies to the Democrats supporting similar measures.

Oh it'll hit. But when it does, I think the ugliness will extend far beyond elections.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2005, 09:23:32 PM »

There was a suggestion made on another board that Gov. Napolitano (Ariz.) would, or should, run for the Dems

That will be hard when she loses reelection in 2006.

After the glorious return of Fife Symington?

Pherhaps Romley could do it.

Here are some numbers

Napalitano 70

Symington 14

Naplitano 50

Romley 25

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/0223governorpoll23.html

Vince, you know it's way too early for numbers.  Much can change.  I think Romley would have an excellent chance against Queen Janet.  Symington is a joke, but I would be willing to wager that a majority of the voters were not here when he was governor.  I think we're on the wrong thread here anyway Tongue.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2005, 10:46:40 PM »

I've only lived in AR for a few months now, but already I'm unimpressed with Huckabee, especially his effort to give ilegal aliens in- state tuition.  I thought that only Mass liberals wanted to do something like that, not Arkansas GOP Governors.  Stunning!  Oh well.

But haven't you heard? That's the new GOP policy: encourage illegal immigration to pander to the Hispanic vote. Hopefully the inevitable backlash will hit them like a ton of bricks. That also applies to the Democrats supporting similar measures.

From what I can tell so far, both Dems and Republicans in AR are outraged by the Gov's plan.  In fact, the AG says that the proposed law allowing illegals to get in-state tuition violates both the AR and US Constitutions.

At the very least, if illegals are entitled to in-state tuition, then so should legal citizens of the other 49 states.   

Gov. Huckabee is bought and paid for by Tyson Foods.
Bob Dole '96
mpirner
Rookie

« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2005, 09:08:14 PM »

If Condi Rice is Pro-Life and if (BIG if) Iraq goes well, she could win in a cake-walk.

Shes pro-choice and unmarried.  She isnt getting anywhere near that nomination.

Un married doesn't hurt her but being pro-abort does.  I could take her as VP but not Prez.  I'd stay home.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies