Canada General Discussion 1.5: The Countdown Begins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:26:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion 1.5: The Countdown Begins (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canada General Discussion 1.5: The Countdown Begins  (Read 161932 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: August 12, 2014, 03:04:40 AM »

Anyone catch yesterday's 308 projection? Kinda scary.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 06:14:45 PM »

Mark Gerretsen is running for the Liberal nod in Kingston and the Islands. We're losing a good MP in Ted Hsu, but, alas, he supported the wrong candidate for leader.

Gerretsen is objectively terrible. As mayor, he has consistently antagonized students. If the student vote carries any weight, the dynamic could be interesting in October 2015. We hate him, and if he's the Liberal candidate, a lot of young people could go NDP and hand the Conservative the win.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 10:57:41 PM »

Ipsos: 38/31/23. PPM: Trudeau 42 Harper 35 Mulcair 23. Harper leads on economic management (44/31/26) and foreign policy (42/32/26) while Trudeau leads on vision (40/35/25) and trust (37/33/30).

Tax cuts may come sooner than expected.

How can anyone claim that Trudeau has vision? Sigh.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 04:13:12 PM »

I've been numb all day. I mean, it's basically a strike at the centre of our national consciousness. Very hard to stomach. I've been teaching all day without real updates. It's tough. My thoughts go out to you folks in Ottawa.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 10:58:27 PM »

Participated in a Forum poll today about the state if politics in Ontario. Got the seasonal questions about "Happy Holidays" vs. "Merry Christmas."

I was disappointed that they didn't ask where I place myself on the political spectrum. To them, I'll just look like a typical Liberal, which isn't very accurate. But whatevs. 
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 01:57:11 PM »

Participated in a Forum poll today about the state if politics in Ontario. Got the seasonal questions about "Happy Holidays" vs. "Merry Christmas."

I was disappointed that they didn't ask where I place myself on the political spectrum. To them, I'll just look like a typical Liberal, which isn't very accurate. But whatevs. 

What are you exactly? I've never been able to figure it out.

People laugh when I say "pro-union centre-rightist," but I do think that's the most accurate description. In the end I guess it evens out to being a bit of a moderate. I will vote for the federal Conservatives for the foreseeable future, but the PCs in Ontario have disqualified themselves from contention during the last few elections. Probably would've voted for the party under Jon Tory. Christine Elliott may yet be able to win my vote. But right now I have to go for the Liberals, even though I'm disgusted by their lack of restraint in certain areas.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 10:39:37 AM »

Eve Adams is so transparently ambitious that hearing this news makes my ears bleed. I don't like my Mississauga MP, Stella Ambler, but at least I know she believes in something. Shouldn't it be obvious to everyone that she's just crossing because she knows Mississauga will go red? Ugh. She doesn't deserve to sit next to the likes of an honourable man like Ted Hsu.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 10:44:31 AM »

Yeah, just read up on it. You'd think I would follow what happens in my own country. Tongue

But I think that just speaks even more to her spineless twatness. So no love lost.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 12:30:08 PM »

I understand all that. I just meant that the willingness to go anywhere to win a seat isn't fantastic either. If my understanding of the situation is correct (and as I have shown, it's very possible it isn't Tongue), the Conservatives barred her from running. So she jumped ship to a new party and a riding that will be a considerable distance away from north Mississauga. Her options at home may have been limited, but obviously it's more about her own job and standing than serving her community.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies