NE1: Second Northeast Stimulus Act (Law) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:43:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE1: Second Northeast Stimulus Act (Law) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE1: Second Northeast Stimulus Act (Law)  (Read 564 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« on: January 10, 2014, 12:14:01 AM »

In all likelihood, I will be voting against this bill. I oppose Section 2 because greater public control of transportation and infrastructure takes us in the wrong direction. Potentially, many of the things listed in Section 2, Part 2 could be provided by private firms, competing to provide the best services possible for competitive market rates, and doing so without having to use taxpayer funds.

I also have issues with Section 3. It seems possible that, due to the one-time nature of this stimulus, the implementation of the job training programs referred to in Part 2 may lead to wasting taxpayer funds. At the statewide level, how much will it require to set up the program? And how long will it be possible to maintain that level of funding before the stimulus money runs out? I'm concerned about how long these programs would be able to last, and, with that in mind, whether it's really worth the taxpayer investment to fund them at all.

Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 03:38:50 PM »

Nay
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies