NE1: Second Northeast Stimulus Act (Law) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:19:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE1: Second Northeast Stimulus Act (Law) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE1: Second Northeast Stimulus Act (Law)  (Read 555 times)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« on: January 09, 2014, 03:56:02 PM »

We passed the same bill, albeit different monetary amounts, during my last term as Governor. This past budget, as you all saw, dramatically cut taxes and we still managed a surplus. This bill takes that surplus and incorporates it as a one time stimulus package with investments in job training programs, infrastructure. It allows states to use some of the money for repairs on public buildings.

As you consider this, I ask that you keep in mind that during my last term we also passed a federally backed stimulus that invested billions in public services including police, health, education and fire (fighters).
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 08:01:29 PM »

I can go either way on this.  The Northeast's unemployment rate was 6.1% in December.  Why do we need a stimulus package?  Do we have to worry about overstimulating the economy and bringing on inflation at this point?

How much was our surplus?  And how much money is in our rainy day fund?

My second budget allocated $2.46B to the rainy day fund. My first budget allocated $5.3B to the rainy day fund. Prior to that, I'd need to go look for Scott's budgets etc. Its more of a GM question.

The surplus on this [my second] budget was $12.306 billion. After the rainy day fund that left about $9.846. This stimulus would cost $7 billion, leaving us some wiggle room still.

The stimulus package will continue to help small businesses find employees with the skill set they need. It will also keep people working --mainly on infrastructure projects which will have a multiplier effect in terms of how it helps the economy. Even after the last stimulus, there is still more to be done. We can keep improving, and infrastructure development pays for itself.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 08:13:40 AM »

Deus, I'll pull the last GM report so you can see the numbers. But in terms of greater public control over infrastructure - were not increasing control were maintaining what we do control.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 06:00:06 PM »

Will sign later.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies