Why are *so many* Libertarians so smug and annoying? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:29:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Why are *so many* Libertarians so smug and annoying? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are *so many* Libertarians so smug and annoying?  (Read 22011 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 13, 2014, 09:45:04 AM »

The ironing in this thread is delicious.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 07:21:56 AM »

My favorite part was the OP totally ignoring every critic and just goes off on a rant again in his only reply to his thread.  But it's the libertarians that are smug and annoying.  Boggles the mind.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 06:42:52 AM »

I can't believe the OP hasn't responded to any of the comments yet.  What a douche.  Libertarians are smug, but he can't even be bothered to read his own thread?  At least we know he's not trolling, but it does prove he's an asshole.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 12:00:44 AM »

It is easier to dodge and insult than it is to actually discuss the topic you brought up isn't it?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 04:06:17 PM »

This is reason #534546 why I'm not a libertarian.
because idiots define it in stupid ways and stereotype everyone that doesn't hate it as much as they do?  Did you even read anything but the title?  The OP came off looking like ranting loon with his thumb in his ears mumbling something about basement dwellers, Somalia and Ayn Rand.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 07:39:48 AM »

I just realized the OP still posts here....how embarrassing this must be.  He STILL hasn't responded.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 09:36:16 AM »

awww, not even a witty insult this time, just giggling?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 07:32:14 AM »

oh a hot take!

You know nothing of libertarians (or fascism)....what with them being almost complete opposites and all.  I understand that this is a popular meme on the left, but it's just silly if you think about it for more than 2 seconds.  Unless you're like many on the left and don't really understand complex concepts like "don't tell me what to do in my bedroom and I won't tell what to do in yours".
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 09:49:11 AM »

I've seen the idea outside of this message board quite a bit and was wondering when the parrots were going to start squawking.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 10:15:42 PM »

I've noticed many libertarians who are young, end up becoming more right-wing in the future. Libertarianism seems the default option for many <20year olds, mostly males.
If you are conservative, but are not afraid of brown people, homosexuals and weed, it's an easy choice to make.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 02:58:29 PM »

ignoring the well poisoning first part
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Only in your world.

How is punishing people deemed by the state (your savior) to be dangerous to the rest of us be an authoritarian function, much less "literally <one of two of> the most authoritarian functions of the State"?  That makes no sense.
This doesn't make sense in my world, but I can understand how certain types can come to that conclusion.
yep, and they also protect my sh**t from getting taken by you, and your stuff from getting taken by those "extremely powerful economic elite" you love to rail against.
much less so than any other reasonable alternative, at least to me.  Which system would you suggest is less authoritarian?  One of the many that took property from people "to be fair"?  Have any of them ever turned out ok?  I'm sure there are a couple of examples of modern liberal democracies taking over some industry or another and it not being a complete train wreck, but that doesn't seem to be what you're after here.  You seem to be wanting something a little....bigger...no?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 01:14:23 PM »

Neither of us is trying to convince you.  You're way to deep for the likes of us, you either need to get pulled back to the surface by someone on "your side" or you'll have to bounce off the bottom on your own.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies