Bush's Guru
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:03:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Bush's Guru
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush's Guru  (Read 1210 times)
Shira

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 17, 2005, 09:47:42 AM »

N.Sharansky's highly unoriginal contention that “democracies do not make war against other democracies” is a perfect alibi for us to attack Iraq, Syria and Iran, which are, after all, no democracies (while dictatorships like Pakistan and Turkmenistan remain good friends).

The idea that the teachings of this particular political philosopher are the guiding star of the mightiest leader in the world, the commander of the biggest military machine in history, is rather frightening.

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 12:10:40 PM »

By his own admission, it is the philosophy of Jesus, not sharanski, that guides this president.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 01:14:40 PM »

By his own admission, it is the philosophy of Jesus, not sharanski, that guides this president.

That is enormously more frightening.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 01:53:40 PM »

Why do you start the same gibberish threads over and over again?

Now we jusst have to wait for someone to make a point that demolishes you, to which you will respond with a Biblical quote that condemns war, thinking it makes you wise.
Shira

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 05:05:02 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2005, 06:04:53 PM by Shira »

Now we jusst have to wait for someone to make a point that demolishes you, to which you will respond with a Biblical quote that condemns war, thinking it makes you wise.

Your analysis of my personality or behavior is totally irrelevant. My level of power is exactly zero.  What relevant is the mindset of Bush and his simplistic views. Unlike me (and you), Bush does have power.
Are there any real differences between Iran and Pakistan? Why Iran are the bad guys and Pakistan are the good guys?
Bush is dishonest and insincere, but many Americans are buying these products of the Rove's/Cheney's/Bush spin machine.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 06:09:30 PM »

Your analysis of my personality or behavior is totally irrelevant. My level of power is exactly zero.  What relevant is the mindset of Bush and his simplistic views. Unlike me (and you), Bush does have power.
Are there any real differences between Iran and Pakistan? Why Iran are the bad guys and Pakistan are the good guys?
Bush is dishonest and insincere, but many Americans are buying these products of the Rove's/Cheney's/Bush spin machine.

Differences between Iran and Pakistan:

1. Pakistan helped us topple the Taliban, Iran would not help the US effort there.
2. Pakistan does not provide material support to terrorists as state policy, Iran does.
3. Pakistan only developed nuclear weapons in defense of the Indian threat, Iran has developed a nuclear program without prompting.
4. Pakistan is not violently repressing a domestic pro-democracy movement.

How long would you like me to go on in refuting this moral equivalence stuff?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 10:13:56 PM »

What were the real differences between the soviets and the nazis? Why were the Nazis the bad guys and the soviets the good guys?
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 04:00:35 AM »

This is sort of off topic, but

Read the truth about the World Bank

http://www.whirledbank.org/
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length