MW Extraterrestrial life Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:43:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MW Extraterrestrial life Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MW Extraterrestrial life Act (Failed)  (Read 1273 times)
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 25, 2014, 10:16:49 PM »

How do you know that the aliens won't be dangerous?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 12:36:47 PM »

Oups sorry. Where is the problem? If a human is dangerous, he's arrested, isn't he?
I mean if their goal as a species is to invade us. I can understand no torture, but there is no way we can possibly estimate how they will fit into our society as a species. If they think as a collective and try to invade us, why would we give them all a separate trial for example? I just think this is too speculative without possibly knowing what they are going to be like.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 02:31:07 PM »

Good to see the Midwest is dealing with the important issues. Huh
It's an important issue Oakvale! I guess no one will trust me, but I'm not trolling!

-------------------------
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Just one word: Guantanamo.

The biology of an alien is not the same as the biology of a human. There are just so many unknown variables here that you cannot possibly legislate this reliably when you don't know what you are even dealing with.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »

Could you explain please? I don't understand what you want to say!
What I'm saying is that there could be alien life that we cannot even comprehend. How are they supposed to be subject to the same laws as humans? For example, a species that thinks as a collective, all with the intent of invading us. Are we going to put them all on trial even though each one thinks the same thing?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 02:42:31 PM »

Could you explain please? I don't understand what you want to say!
What I'm saying is that there could be alien life that we cannot even comprehend. How are they supposed to be subject to the same laws as humans? For example, a species that thinks as a collective, all with the intent of invading us. Are we going to put them all on trial even though each one thinks the same thing?

Once again, if they try to invade us, there would be no problem to stop them. If North Korea invades the USA, there would no problem to nuke them, right?
No, I would have significant moral qualms with nuking North Korea. Tongue But that's just one example, and there is probably other extraterrestrial life that we can't even begin to comprehend, so I don't think we should legislate on something we don't know exists or can't even begin to comprehend until we see what we are dealing with.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies