Terry Shiavo Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:49:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Terry Shiavo Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Terry Shiavo be kept alive or let die?
(D) Keep her alive

(D) Let her die

(R) Keep her alive

(R) Let her die

(I/O) Keep her alive

(I/O) Let her die

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Terry Shiavo Poll  (Read 21573 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: March 19, 2005, 01:45:23 AM »

I'm glad to see that in America a dog is afforded a better death then a human being. Sick Sick world we live in.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 02:30:04 AM »

What kind of precendent would this case set if she is allowed to die? Could husbands who beat their wives into comas lie to courts and say, "She wanted to be pulled off life support"? This whole case is based on hearsay and this judge is completely out of bounds. But that's not a suprise with the judges in this country anymore.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 06:43:07 PM »

what a horrible issue for the republicans to play politics with.

i personally dont care one way or the other.  if it were me, id just want to die.

by the way, when did republicans become such big fans of judicial activism? 

So to you a dog deserves a painless death yet a HUMAN BEING should dehydrate to death? Do you see something wrong with this? Or are you just a heartless bastard?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 06:47:55 PM »

by the way, when did republicans become such big fans of judicial activism? 

Oh and the REPUBLICANS are big fans of judicial activism? As I recall the judge based his whole judgement on HEARSAY. That judge is absolutely useless in my opinion.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 01:27:26 AM »

Where in the heck is your version of the Democratic party I can join?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 01:32:30 AM »

Where in the heck is your version of the Democratic party I can join?
Since around 1980 or so my version of the Democratic party hasn't existed.

Yes, I know I'm just kidding. It's sad really that the hippies took over your party or I could very well have been a Democrat today.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 01:33:59 AM »

If it were me, I would not want to be kept alive in that state.  I do have a living will and I think the phrase, "Terminate with extreme prejudice," is in it.

But this isn't me and I can't determine how accurate the husband's words are.  It's going to be a judgment call.

I yield to the judiciary on this one.  I do feel that this isn't the proper role of Congress.

Why did the husband wait seven years before he started all this, "She wanted to not live like this". And why when he FINALLY 'admitted' this is what she wanted it was in front of his Brother! Of all witnesses. Plus he has a common law wife in waiting to marry and already has two children with her. His being an adulteror is sick enough.

Ernest,

Yes, after several cases I have seen around here I do strongly believe the Florida courts are totally inept for any competent decision.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 01:59:14 AM »

Except that she is not on life support.
For the purpose of the law, gastric feeding tubes are classified as a medical intervention that is a form of life support.

Now, if you want to argue that the legal definition of life support and the like should be changed, fine do that, but under current law unless the parents succeed in their attempt to shop around for an activist judge who doesn't bother to follow law and precedent, this phase of this discussion will be over in a week or so as her body finally catches up with what her mind did 15 years ago.

Ironically feeding tubes were NOT considered life support 5-10 years ago in FL.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 02:03:04 AM »

Except that she is not on life support.
For the purpose of the law, gastric feeding tubes are classified as a medical intervention that is a form of life support.

Now, if you want to argue that the legal definition of life support and the like should be changed, fine do that, but under current law unless the parents succeed in their attempt to shop around for an activist judge who doesn't bother to follow law and precedent, this phase of this discussion will be over in a week or so as her body finally catches up with what her mind did 15 years ago.

Ironically feeding tubes were NOT considered life support 5-10 years ago in FL.

What changed that?  I honestly don't know much Florida law.

I'm not sure. I caught it on the radio.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 01:58:36 AM »

Why do some resort to idiotic bolded names once they have lost a debate?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 03:38:01 PM »

Why does Michael "the beater" Schiavo want his wife immediately creamated and has a court order not allowing the family to get involved in the burial ceremony? Why did Mikey "the beater" Schiavo not allow his wife to recieve last rights from the family priest. He actually had a COURT ORDER out to stop the family.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 04:08:42 PM »

Why does Michael "the beater" Schiavo want his wife immediately creamated and has a court order not allowing the family to get involved in the burial ceremony? Why did Mikey "the beater" Schiavo not allow his wife to recieve last rights from the family priest. He actually had a COURT ORDER out to stop the family.

She actually has received last rites, when the tube was removed.  She received the Communion yesterday.

I would never want pack of liars at the funeral of my wife, the Schindlers, or perhaps The Swindlers.

You'd rather the man that beat his wife be there, right?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies