The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:39:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Author Topic: The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention  (Read 23339 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 12:05:15 AM »

Greetings to all the fine Federalists throughout Atlasia.

I am a registered Independent.

Under the Federalist constitution, would I be able to caucus with the Federalists and participate in your conventions, party votes and primary votes?    

I don't believe so. I had not joined until recently when I found out I could not run for the nomination if I wasn't a registered federalist. You must be a member to vote in the primary.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 12:13:44 AM »

Greetings to all the fine Federalists throughout Atlasia.

I am a registered Independent.

Under the Federalist constitution, would I be able to caucus with the Federalists and participate in your conventions, party votes and primary votes?    

I don't believe so. I had not joined until recently when I found out I could not run for the nomination if I wasn't a registered federalist. You must be a member to vote in the primary.

Whoever told you that gave you false information based on an error Maxwell made while copying over the latest by-law amendments to the wiki. You had our endorsement last time, and the by-laws haven't really changed between then and now... I mean, it's not a big deal... but if you were pressured into joining for purely logistical reasons, that's not really fair. I thought you had joined to signal that you were ready to identify with us, so I didn't really think twice about it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 12:17:04 AM »

Well regardless of what the bylaws say, I'm in the party now and I'm not going to leave due to an error. Tongue

I'm pretty certain you must be a member to vote in party business, right?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 12:37:24 AM »

Yep.

Pretty sad that the Federalist Party by-laws are the last thing I'm an expert on in this game. Tongue And not for long.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 01:45:23 AM »

Hagrid is correct, Winfield.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 02:23:51 PM »

Statement from the Chairman

Thank you to all who have signed in - a great start to the convention! Smiley

After some consideration, we will not be voting on bylaw/platform changes until AFTER the election. I have several changes I would like to make and do not want to rush through it.

That being said, we have now entered the phase before the Presidential and Senatorial primaries.

Presidential Primary:
ahduke99/Matt from VT
Reaganfan/Spiral

Mideast Senatorial Primary:
JCL
DC al Fine

If any other candidate would like to seek the Federalist nomination for either seat, please speak now (Note: Endorsement votes on other races will occur after the party primaries).

As it currently stands, the primary is set to begin on the 8th. Would the candidates like to push that date forward?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 02:58:34 PM »

Push them forward meaning start the primary sooner? Do I need to grandstand and make a speech?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 03:09:18 PM »

Push them forward meaning start the primary sooner? Do I need to grandstand and make a speech?
Yes and it's up to the candidates, but a speech would be encouraged.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2014, 03:17:20 PM »

I am indifferent on the dates. I don't know if 4 more days will change anything. If Naso is okay with moving the dates up to this week, I say we go for it.

Rooney
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2014, 06:20:14 PM »

I sign in.

X Rooney
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2014, 07:36:51 PM »

I am indifferent on the dates. I don't know if 4 more days will change anything. If Naso is okay with moving the dates up to this week, I say we go for it.

I don't see the necessity to change the dates of the convention during the convention, but I am also indifferent.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2014, 08:18:09 PM »

X Thomas Jefferson
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2014, 08:21:39 PM »

X MattVT

Now, show me the way to the booze!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2014, 09:13:45 PM »

I don't see the necessity to change the dates of the convention during the convention, but I am also indifferent.
The dates were never set in stone, as I stated at the start of the convention. And we aren't changing the dates of the convention, as it has already started. Just the dates of the primary.

After consideration, voting will begin this Thursday at approximately noon ET. The vote will last for 72 hours.

Candidates, now is your opportunity to address the convention.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 01:39:21 AM »

My fellow Federalists, it is an honor and privilege to be here to address this convention tonight.

I joined Atlasia a decade ago. For ten years I've been witness to thirty-one presidents, numerous Senators, Governors, and other leaders of our country. From the days of President PBrunsel, to President Porce, all of our history has been seen on my watch. I've seen the days when our regions were buzzing and activity was greatly on the increase.

What I see today is a malaise across Atlasia. I see a lack in participation. I see regions in dire crisis and talks of consolidation. I see leaders who seem more likely to joke about the problems facing our nation than to address them. I see an Iron Curtain descending across Atlasia with the rise of extreme and radical Marxism.

Well, you know me. As someone who has witnessed so much for so long, I could not allow myself to sit back and observe our great republic falling victim to the challenges that face it. I could not allow myself the courtesy of just walking away or stepping back. I made the decision to step forward and offer myself as the candidate to best address these problems. My record has some bumps along the way, but as I believe, we are all fallible and at times not at the top of our game. I hold strong, sacred beliefs close to my heart. I will not change those beliefs. But one must not deny the opportunity to work with those with opposing beliefs to find common ground and bring about accomplishments which better our people and our nation.

I joined the Federalist Party in May 2013 because I wanted to be sure that even though I had decided to retire from political life in Atlasia, I wanted to be a member of the political party which best represented my beliefs and values. The beliefs that the people make the best decisions, not the Government. The belief that the people run the Government, not the other way around. The belief that you can spend your money better than the Federal Government can.

The Atlasian Government has been savoring in redundancy, wastefulness, and overstepping it's bounds. We need a new President who makes it clear first and foremost on his agenda that we must reign in the glut of the government. My fellow Federalists, I am your man. Under the Reagan administration, not only will I adopt policy decisions that keep middle class families from the hands of excessive taxation from the federal government, but I will also support small business growth. I feel that small businesses are the backbone of Atlasia, not big government. Small businesses and middle class families should feel comfortable with the fact that they will have a friend and ally in their struggles when I am the President.

Part of this policy also includes helping those who are less well off. Indeed, while many citizens, even those who find it difficult, can make ends meet...the sad truth is there are many of our fellow citizens who can't. They can't find work. They can't afford the rent. They have to cut corners, ask for help. That's not a cry for dependency. It's a cry for relief. But more government taxation and more government programs is not the answer. The answer is to give a helping hand, not a way of life. The answer is to lift people up, not keep them down. Big government is not the answer. The Reagan Presidency will be one which combats poverty head-on, in the belief that all citizens whether lower, middle or upper class deserve the best out of their government, not the most.

Atlasia will also have a new Vice President. Governor Spiral was my selection for the office because he represents the bright future of Atlasia. He's young but prepared, he's experienced but not weary, he's ambitious but not over-zealous. I chose Governor Spiral because he will make a fantastic Vice President for our nation. He's a dynamic, passionately involved figure not only in our present but also in our nation's future. He has been extremely active in answering his country's call and I'm proud to have him at my side and like you I know Spiral will make us all proud.

Governor Spiral and I are also of the belief that a strong education is crucial to the success and progress of our students in Atlasia. We will be ensuring teacher accountability, frequent testing, updating the curriculum in our school systems, and encouraging home schooling, charter and online schooling, as well as the continued benefits of the public school system. In doing all of this, we will be strengthening the education agenda in Atlasia to ensure that learning is the key for the youngest in our great nation. I also feel that by promoting learning and education in STEM, we can further the knowledge of our nation's youth and have them excel in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics so that the career opportunities for them widen. In should be noted that in doing so, the Reagan/Spiral administration will also be open to ideas and progress in new technology and jobs. Indeed, often you hear about green jobs. We must remain focused on the present but with a keen eye on the future, our administration will not damper the progress of new types of jobs in society since these too can and I believe will end up benefiting our future.

Education and lessening the size of Government is not the only objective of the Reagan/Spiral administration. Another significant objective of ours is to see the demise of the Marxist iron curtain which has begun to appear in our great republic. One knows that in the blink of an eye revolution could occur. Marxism, Communism, call it what you will means nothing but oppression to free people. As President, I will not allow the wave of Marxism to take over our nation. If you do not see the gravity of the situation, I assure you the threat is real and I ask you to remember that appeasement only makes the aggressor more aggressive. The Reagan administration will remain vigilant in our resolve to face this and any other threat or confrontation head-on, determined to allow freedom to flourish.

Some may be questioning whether or not their hearts are with my campaign but they fear electability. Let me reassure those with concerns about the chances of a Reagan/Spiral ticket. We will win the election. We will unite the voters of the Federalist Party, the fastest growing party in Atlasia. We will unite the voters from different political parties as well as those who are unaffiliated voters. We will stand firm in beliefs that working together, we can increase participation, decrease the size of Government and better the lives of our fellow citizens without having to compromise from our own personal political beliefs.

Let me give you a glimpse into the future. Four months from now as I prepare to leave the Presidency and walk into the sunset, Atlasia will be in the midst of a new wave of prosperity and participation. The registered voter rolls will have grown dramatically, while the size and scope of the Federal Government on the people will be diminished. The Pacific Region will have grown with more members and leaders and will have become as prosperous as it once was. Our nation's education system will be held to higher standards and accountability and the tide of Marxism and Communism in our country will have been sent to the ash heap of Atlasian history. I will leave after a Presidency of promise, a Presidency of growth and Presidency of determination. You know me. You know where I stand. In your heart, you know the time is now.

Thank you, God Bless, and God Bless this great nation.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2014, 10:43:51 AM »

Hope I'm not too late to sign in!

X Oakvale.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2014, 12:42:04 PM »

Friends,

I want to first thank you all for allowing me in the building to address this convention. In a few short days, you all will go to the voting threads to decide who will carry the Federalist banner into the general election, as we have already received The People’s Endorsement. Four months ago, you were faced with a similar decision. Matt and I faced a challenge from the Write Ins, and with sheer luck and perseverance, mainly due to our wit and good looks, we were able to swiftly defeat the forces of evil and then win in the general election in a shalacking that not even The People themselves saw coming. Today, we face an Atlasian legend in Michael Naso. This race was never going to be easy for Matt and me. Gone are the days of an unchallenged Federalist primary. Tonight, my supporters and I must fight for this nomination to continue the progress we have made over the last four months. We must fight for our lives, much like Forest Gump fought for his in Vietnam, and The Dark Knight fought for his while saving Gotham. The People wonder, can the ticket that Atlasia doesn’t want, but that Atlasia needs, win again?

Over the past few months, Atlasia has weathered some crises and we have seen a lot of progress. For the first time in a long time, the Pacific region is on the road to recovery after the Senate passed a stimulus package aimed at encouraging job growth, making the Pacific a great place to do business once again, and providing the region with some much needed liquidity. Our corporate tax code is nearing a complete overhaul, where we will repeal the double taxation provisions that encourage companies to ship jobs overseas and allow companies to invest in Atlasia without the fear of facing overwhelming tax burdens. Our healthcare system is on the road to modernization, where we aim to eliminate paper waste, reduce overhead and organize data to make it easier for doctors and patients alike to give and receive care, to truly usher our healthcare system into the 21st century. Our labor force no longer works under the fear of the archaic right to work laws, where employers can fire someone just because they aren’t a great drinking buddy. Finally, we are beginning to see dialogue between the regional and federal governments, and this can only strengthen the regions we all want to see succeed. Under my administration, Atlasia has seen progress.

Like a good drag race, now is not the time to take our foot off the gas. We must plow forward, just as you did to your date on prom night.

But in order for us to continue our sprint towards the end zone, we must first break through the defensive line known as the Federalist Primary, one that, as one person told me, may be as difficult as the Seattle Seahawk’s secondary. Over the past few months, I have learned that the Presidency is not so much advancing a strict personal agenda, but more about doing what you feel is best for The People and Their lives. Your decisions not only effect those in your party, it effects everyone. It is about listening to anyone and everyone. It is about communication. It is about love, compassion and the mutual respect for all ideologies, no matter how different they are than your own because dammit, that is what makes this game special, it’s what makes the world go around, like in a good relationship, it keeps things spicy. It is about personal accountability. The performance of this administration start and stop with me. I am my own man.

Some of us in this party may have had our differences in the past, but I stand here tonight to pledge to you that my door is always open, my inbox is always clean, and my heart is always here. Make no mistake, I want what is best for The People and for this game. The People demand their elected officials be independent, active and spread wide open to accept anything that we may face. They must also be personable and able to engage with even the smallest of people. We are the face of this game. We must put our best foot forward at all times, if not for ourselves, for the youngs joining this game. While I may have had failures in some areas, I have never failed to be true to myself and true to this game.

If you believe what we believe, if you believe that Atlasia can continue its turn around, that we can fix all of our regions, that we can continue to protect those without a voice while not endangering our economic health, that we can continue to scale back some of our unnecessary expenses, and that we can all love each other as human beings, I urge all of you to support Duke and Matt in this primary. I urge all of you to give us four more months to continue the progress we are seeing. While our first term has not been perfect, few Presidents have been, we have given it our all, governed with our country’s best interest in mind, and are eager for the future. Tonight, join us on this journey once more, this time in solidarity, and hold your right hand in the air with 4 fingers proudly displayed for 4 more months, or type "4" in this thread. United as one, we can keep this train going. Our tank will never run empty as long as we lean on each other. In unity, there is always a shoulder to lean on even in the darkest of times.

I leave you with this: I am hopeful for a victory, but I am at peace with whatever results the primary yields. Our fate is in your hands. If you need any guidance, listen to the wind, for in it, you will hear the faint voices of The People, barely audible at first, chanting deshi basara, arabic for “he rises.” With every step we take towards victory, Their voices will grow stronger, just as they did until The Dark Knight emerged from the pit of despair. Join us, let's emerge together.

Thank you all for your time, thanks for reading, and happy voting. Purple heart
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2014, 03:40:50 PM »

am I still allowed to sign in?

x Hifly
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2014, 03:51:17 PM »

x Inks.LWC
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2014, 03:57:08 PM »

x JerryArkansas
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2014, 05:36:36 PM »

Anyone get the reminiscence of 1976 here?

Reaganfan=Reagan
Pres. Duke=Ford

Just say'n... Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2014, 07:24:49 PM »

Reaganfan=Reagan
Pres. Duke=Ford

Just say'n... Tongue

The crucial difference being Ford was a mediocrity and Duke is already one of our finest Presidents.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2014, 07:34:19 PM »

Reaganfan=Reagan
Pres. Duke=Ford

Just say'n... Tongue

The crucial difference being Ford was a mediocrity and Duke is already one of our finest Presidents.

This
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2014, 08:51:30 PM »

Reaganfan=Reagan
Pres. Duke=Ford

Just say'n... Tongue

This

True, true...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2014, 12:22:09 AM »

Will either Mideast Senate candidates be addressing the convention?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies