Best "Political Quiz" site?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:56:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Best "Political Quiz" site?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Best "Political Quiz" site?  (Read 22395 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2004, 02:49:06 AM »
« edited: April 12, 2004, 12:52:23 PM by JohnD.Ford »

Political Compass
   Economic: -1.50    Social: -0.46
   To the left of about any world leader

Quiz Show
   Score: 24
   Just to the right of Colin Powell, to the left of Bush Sr.

Smallest Quiz
   Economic:20%     Personal: 60%
   Said I was a Left Liberal

I think politicalcompass.org is way off.  They put empty platitudes in the form of questions and judge you on whether you support happiness and puppies or not.  Smallest Quiz was even worse.  They put up an extremist position (like "Do you want to end all taxes?" when there is no way you can just say you'd like to lower taxes.) and then they judge you on whther you agree with their radical stance.  The Libertarian Party wrote the quiz and they set it up so more people would come out as Libertarians than really are.  Quiz Show had a decently accurate outcome, but the questions had more to do with partisanship than ideology (whether or not I think talk radio has a negative impact on politics doesn't mean much in terms of ideology, but it does tell you where my party loyalties are).

There are no quizzes that give foreign policy enough imporatance either.  That's the most important issue to me.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2004, 09:58:51 AM »

Here;s what I got on the lp.org quiz:

YoMartin
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2004, 05:19:43 PM »

nice shot, very subdued.  

Yeah, he's a big spender and at times irresponsible.  Many republicans on this forum recognize this and bitch about this.  But none of us has ever written or spoken to him about it, I'm guessing.  I guess you can call that apathetic or logistically challenging, but you're pretty much right otherwise.

Dalai Lama, Ghandi and Nelson Mandela are all here with us.

Yes, it´s curious that the big spender, protectionist, fiscally, irresponsible, is the candidate of the right, which is supposed to be the opposite of all that. So this makes me disagree with something I think you said in another thread, that the economic dimension is the only decisive one when people cast their votes; it seems -at least in this election- there are other more crucial elements involved in that decision.

Thx for letting me in in the club! I never in my life thought Mandela, Gandhi and the Dalai Lama would be my "mentors"...
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2004, 05:27:56 PM »

I was wondering where this thread was.  I didn't realize there was a second page on this board.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2004, 05:33:18 PM »

nice shot, very subdued.  

Yeah, he's a big spender and at times irresponsible.  Many republicans on this forum recognize this and bitch about this.  But none of us has ever written or spoken to him about it, I'm guessing.  I guess you can call that apathetic or logistically challenging, but you're pretty much right otherwise.

Yes, it´s curious that the big spender, protectionist, fiscally, irresponsible, is the candidate of the right, which is supposed to be the opposite of all that. So this makes me disagree with something I think you said in another thread, that the economic dimension is the only decisive one when people cast their votes; it seems -at least in this election- there are other more crucial elements involved in that decision.

Thx for letting me in in the club! I never in my life thought Mandela, Gandhi and the Dalai Lama would be my "mentors"...

well, I though like that too.  so I created this poll trying to determine what was important to folks on this forum.  I said what's the important issue this year, economy/jobs/taxes or foreignpolicy/terrorism/nationalsecurity or other.   Other bing catch-all for other, you see.  And 75% of the respondents, of which there were maybe picked the first option.  Yes, weird, ain't it?  I have no other excuses.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2004, 05:36:25 PM »

*gasp* A girl who registered AND posted? It's a miracle!!!!!

Welcome to the forums!!!
It is...now guys try to be civil...

I bet you'll scare her off like you did with the others...you even made JohnDFord change his sex! Cheesy

Wink
i'm not easily scared Tongue
YoMartin
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2004, 05:38:09 PM »

nice shot, very subdued.  

well, I though like that too.  so I created this poll trying to determine what was important to folks on this forum.  I said what's the important issue this year, economy/jobs/taxes or foreignpolicy/terrorism/nationalsecurity or other.   Other bing catch-all for other, you see.  And 75% of the respondents, of which there were maybe picked the first option.  Yes, weird, ain't it?  I have no other excuses.

Another possibility is that the "Republican" and "Democratic" identities are so strong that many people just vote "their" party even if their leaders do the opposite of what the party always stood for. But America has always been considered the place where party identities where weak, compared to Europe. So, yes, I have no clue then...
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2004, 05:55:32 PM »

¿eres de España?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2004, 06:00:38 PM »

¿es quién de España?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2004, 06:04:10 PM »

Hablaba con YoMartin, actualmente.  Pero puedes contestar si quieres.

It was just a guess.  an incorrect one I suppose.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2004, 06:14:53 PM »

Hablaba con YoMartin, actualmente.  Pero puedes contestar si quieres.

It was just a guess.  an incorrect one I suppose.

Let me find out you are spanish.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2004, 06:17:21 PM »

heh sorry.
YoMartin
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2004, 09:43:32 PM »

Soy argentino. I assume my English shows I´m a spanish speaker... Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2004, 10:39:01 PM »

Soy argentino. I assume my English shows I´m a spanish speaker... Smiley

Conozco un poco de sudamerica, los andes, pero no conozco argentina.
thanks for answering.  I was not picking on you.  Smiley

Like the Tammany Hall boss, I like guessing something about the poster based on his name, or his signature.  Your name suggested something spanish.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2004, 10:26:39 AM »

I was over near the Greens in the political compass.  Being next to Ghandi and Nelson Mandela makes me smile... : )
klrbzzz
Rookie

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2004, 12:05:50 PM »

Where is the best place to go to take a political allignment quiz?  Most of the ones I've found are skewed towards making everyone a libertarian.  The best one I've seen so far is

http://www.politicalcompass.org is the best one I've found so far. I come out as slightly towards the right on the economic scale, and slightly towards libertarianism on the social scale (my views on abortion keep me from being a full-blown right-libertarian).

Any other good sites?
Interesting site,  thank you!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2004, 01:28:34 PM »

*gasp* A girl who registered AND posted? It's a miracle!!!!!

Welcome to the forums!!!
It is...now guys try to be civil...

I bet you'll scare her off like you did with the others...you even made JohnDFord change his sex! Cheesy

Wink
i'm not easily scared Tongue

It's a bit of an inside joke, that's all.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies