Best "Political Quiz" site? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:23:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Best "Political Quiz" site? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best "Political Quiz" site?  (Read 22459 times)
YoMartin
« on: April 08, 2004, 06:43:36 PM »

Your Personal Self-Government Score is 80%.
Your Economic Self-Government Score is 20%.

I got Left Liberal,

I donīt like a 5 question quiz. Itīs too simplistic. By the way, I got Left Liberal there.

In the Political Compass, which I find pretty good, I got something like -5,5 in social matters and 0 in the economy. Right next to the Dalai Lama...
YoMartin
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 09:34:14 PM »

Anybody else in the Dalai Lama club? No? Maybe itīs time I start being less purist and more pragmatic and join the popular Gandhi club...

About the previous discussion on the merits of this compass, I found a couple of strange positions: George W Bush is the leader situated closer to the (economic) right in the compass. Maybe they are judging his ideas -assuming he has any- but for his record as a president I donīt see him as the champion of laissez faire. Itīs true, maybe the important thing is not any Ideal notion of "left" or "right" any of us may have, but even that relative position seems odd, right next to Milton Friedman. I also think Chirac is not as authoritarian as the Pope. But still, I agree with most of the chart, which I find very reasonable considering the dificulty of placing people that spend most of their time trying to hide their real ideas...
YoMartin
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 05:19:43 PM »

nice shot, very subdued.  

Yeah, he's a big spender and at times irresponsible.  Many republicans on this forum recognize this and bitch about this.  But none of us has ever written or spoken to him about it, I'm guessing.  I guess you can call that apathetic or logistically challenging, but you're pretty much right otherwise.

Dalai Lama, Ghandi and Nelson Mandela are all here with us.

Yes, itīs curious that the big spender, protectionist, fiscally, irresponsible, is the candidate of the right, which is supposed to be the opposite of all that. So this makes me disagree with something I think you said in another thread, that the economic dimension is the only decisive one when people cast their votes; it seems -at least in this election- there are other more crucial elements involved in that decision.

Thx for letting me in in the club! I never in my life thought Mandela, Gandhi and the Dalai Lama would be my "mentors"...
YoMartin
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 05:38:09 PM »

nice shot, very subdued.  

Yeah, he's a big spender and at times irresponsible.  Many republicans on this forum recognize this and bitch about this.  But none of us has ever written or spoken to him about it, I'm guessing.  I guess you can call that apathetic or logistically challenging, but you're pretty much right otherwise.

Dalai Lama, Ghandi and Nelson Mandela are all here with us.

Yes, itīs curious that the big spender, protectionist, fiscally, irresponsible, is the candidate of the right, which is supposed to be the opposite of all that. So this makes me disagree with something I think you said in another thread, that the economic dimension is the only decisive one when people cast their votes; it seems -at least in this election- there are other more crucial elements involved in that decision.

Thx for letting me in in the club! I never in my life thought Mandela, Gandhi and the Dalai Lama would be my "mentors"...

well, I though like that too.  so I created this poll trying to determine what was important to folks on this forum.  I said what's the important issue this year, economy/jobs/taxes or foreignpolicy/terrorism/nationalsecurity or other.   Other bing catch-all for other, you see.  And 75% of the respondents, of which there were maybe picked the first option.  Yes, weird, ain't it?  I have no other excuses.

Another possibility is that the "Republican" and "Democratic" identities are so strong that many people just vote "their" party even if their leaders do the opposite of what the party always stood for. But America has always been considered the place where party identities where weak, compared to Europe. So, yes, I have no clue then...
YoMartin
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 09:43:32 PM »

Soy argentino. I assume my English shows Iīm a spanish speaker... Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies