Maps. All the maps. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:22:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Maps. All the maps. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maps. All the maps.  (Read 34422 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: February 14, 2014, 07:57:22 AM »

Why not add the games?

muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 08:41:19 PM »

I'd be happy to help fill in the four 'no data' counties for NV by going up there and asking people myself, except for the fact that I could drive around each county from town to town and not encounter a single other sentient human being.  Of course, at no point would I wonder to myself why I drove several hours into the wilderness to ask strangers what they call carbonated beverages, because

Though I would be curious to know what a plurality of people in Churchill county call it other than pop, soda or coke.  'Pennybubbles', or 'kiddyliquor', I imagine.  I've no idea.

I've purchased coffee and doughnuts in Fallon in Churchill county, and I think my son ordered a Coke, but that's because he wanted that brand. The server didn't use any generic term that I recall, so I'm at a loss to help out there. The menu might have said soft drinks, but it was three years ago.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 10:47:54 PM »

It makes me happy that Maine's most popular street name is 'Main'.

I get that 1st street can often be renamed something as a main thoroughfare and then 2nd would be number 1. How did 3rd street become most popular in WA?
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 08:44:43 AM »

And movies:

"Most popular" being determined by highest ratings on IMDb.

I would think that most popular would refer to Nielsen ratings for TV and box office receipts for movies. I had to look up Shameless as I had never heard of it, though the critics like it. However, Metacritic seems to give The Good Wife higher marks, so I guess IMDb viewers are just biased towards premium cable. Tongue
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 05:45:27 AM »

I don't subscribe to premium cable, but I see plenty of ads for premium cable shows on other channels. I also hear references to popular cable shows on talk radio or late night network TV. Shameless has never popped up. How should I know about it?
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 05:37:29 AM »

I didn't realize so few children in the US lived with both their parents.

The map is for living with two married biological parents. Divorced and remarried parents wouldn't count and since about half of all US marriages end in divorce, there are a large number of children raised by married parents where one is not a biological parent. Stats Canada reports that just over 40% of marriages there end in divorce within 30 years.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 11:37:04 PM »

It is impressive that the Cowboys continue to take their place as America's team by virtue of their second place status from Puget Sound to the Space Coast.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 10:45:36 AM »

Found this on Nate Cohn's Twitter feed....the ugliest US map ever made:

Not only ugly, but it looks like Vancouver Island has been ceded to WA. Did the tweet indicate why such a map was drawn?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies