Reason why I am not a Neo-Republican (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:12:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Reason why I am not a Neo-Republican (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reason why I am not a Neo-Republican  (Read 5666 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« on: April 08, 2004, 10:50:27 PM »

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/uclicktext/20040408/cm_ucac/deliverusfromdemocrats

Stuff like this makes me want to throw up.

I have again and again asked that what this country needs is Unity and not partisan rhetoric B.S. We have to find a middle ground.

Ann Coulter.  The Al Franken of the Right.

I agree that all this "rah, rah, our party good, their party evil" crap is worthless, but there are serious issues that divide our country, and the solution is not, "Let's cover all those gaping ideological gaps with flowers and pretend they don't exist in the name of 'Unity.'"  All that leads to is a bland political nothingness, where no one has any guts to address anything important.  It's like what happened in the Senate in the decades leading up to the Civil War, when they censored the subject of Slavery.  It didn't solve anything, it just put off the problem until it festered into a full-blown crisis that tore our country apart.

I'm not saying political cheerleading is a good thing, but let's not pretend we have unity when there are so many things that divide us.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies