can bill clinton be vp? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:12:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  can bill clinton be vp? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: can bill clinton be vp?  (Read 13801 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: April 08, 2004, 03:30:49 PM »

it is not.  in the 40s the republicans were ticked off at Roosevelt and got an amendment passed limiting the President to two full terms or ten years, whichever came first.  In order to be eligible to run for VP, one must be elibible to hold the office of president.  Since Clinton served two full terms he would not be elibible.  

(but Cheney and Bush managed to get around the different home-state requirement by selling off Cheney's Dallas properties, so who knows?)
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 03:32:56 PM »

cheney is an enigma.  no one knows where he just came from or where he's going to next.  that's what I like very much about him.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 03:39:17 PM »

There you go.  Dems can be every bit as sleazy as we can.  I love it!

On an unrelated note, I live in the suburbs, but we do get the occassional act of civil disobedience regarding the Iraq project.  There's a Good Friday Peace Rally sponsored by some religious fanatics calling themselves Ecumenical Peace Institute planning "Acts of Witness" (civil disobediance, I think)  tomorrow morning starting at seven.  It is expected to be non-violent.  Arrests are expected.  Any one in the East Bay area should come and check out an old-fashioned Iraq war protest!  
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 07:16:54 PM »

yes, the correct position and the incorrect one.  there's very little room for subjectivity in this question, and the correct answer is no.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies