Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2018, 05:05:52 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2018 predictions for US Senate are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Individual Politics (Moderators: Torie, AndrewTX, Associate Justice PiT)
| | |-+  Summary of political beliefs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 351338 times)
Colbert
France

View Profile Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: November 30, 2014, 05:40:24 pm »

Social:

Abortion: limited to 3 months, no refund,
Assisted Suicide: Opposed
Death Penalty: strongly for
gay marriage : opposed
stem cell search : in favor of
affirmative action : banned for ten thousand years. Constitutionnaly illegal
prostitution : legalized and profits to prostitute AND the state
Drugs: legalization, drugs are sold by the state (i.e. the "federal state" in american point of view)
sport gambling : illegal
religious freedom : in favor, but (for France, catholicism must be official state religion, not to convert, but for the financial protections of monuments, and against relativism with islam, judaism or protestant sects
Gun Control: yes
PATRIOT Act: Opposed
Illegal Immigration: 0 immigrants, and even send immigrants home
jails : one cell by prisonner. no cellphone, smartphone. Internet and tv booked only to disciplined prisoners. Cleaning made by prisonners. Cooking too. And production of food, if it is geographically possible

Economic:

Monetary: a money based on real wealth of nation
Taxes: progressive personal income, no local taxes, customs taxes
Spending: balanced budget for normal spends
Regulations: Deregulate, but not too much
Healthcare: beveridged
Corporations: single compulsory union for workers, idem for bosses (with the compulsory, a worker would not be stigmatized for is belonging to a corporation, and the syndicat would be less politised by leftists civil servants
Protectionnism
Strong railway web
Taxation of dividends
End of taxation of inheritance
The main house of a family, the company of a family could'nt be divided for eachs heirs. Deserve to the first born. Financial compensation is offered to other heirs (only if it is possible, for the main house)
Education : elitist system, less people with a graduate.
Minimal wage : calculated as 50% od median wage (or + if necessary for decent life)
Land : only people with the nationality could be landlords. Same thing for houses, buildings.

Foreign Policy:

Afghanistan: Pull out
Iraq: bring back baath' party
Israel/Palestine: support israel, with jerusalem for capital city, but without christian sancted places. Israel with 1967 borders. Golan to syria, Gaza and Cisjordania form state of palestine
Iran: End sanctions
Russia: Develop peaceful relations, with condition they stop to interfere in national sovereignty of east europe (baltic states, caucasus, ukraine)
Foreign Aid: End it
UN: creation of a new SDN with the ONLY goal of stopping wars. Each member would have the duty to lend 10% of his military forces to fight with the agressor of a SDN member.
NATO: Leave
Military Spending: same level

no idea of my place in political spectrum in american political spectrum
Wolverines34
United States
« Reply #1076 on: December 11, 2014, 02:02:38 am »

Social Issues

Abortion:Pro-Choice
Gay Marriage:Support
Capital Punishment:Strongly Support
Marijuana Legalization:Oppose
Immigration:Deport All Illegals & Ban on all immigration.
Guns:Abolish all Gun Control Laws. Concealed carry, no restrictions on our right to bear arms!.

Economic/Foreign Policy Issues

Taxes:15% Flat Tax. Cut Taxes Across the board (exemption on taxes for poor).
Social Security:Partial privatization.
Healthcare:No Socialized medicine.
Cigarette Tax:Abolish
Cigarette Regulations:Abolish
FCC:Abolish
Education:Abolish Department of Education, bring back local control. Vouchers.
Syria:Stay Out.
Turkey:Kick them out of the NATO. Sanctions.
Islam:Islam threatens liberal western values.
Israel:Strongly support + more funding.
UN:Get Out
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:50:29 am by Wolverines34 »Logged

Economic:+2.97
Social:-1.56
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
YaBB God
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #1077 on: December 11, 2014, 05:40:46 pm »

Social Issues

Guns:Abolish all Gun Control Laws. Concealed carry, no restrictions on our right to bear arms!.

Um..."Liberal"

Jerseyrules
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1078 on: December 11, 2014, 07:56:58 pm »

Party: Republican?
Ideology: Moderate, centre-Right

Basically, an overall centrist with some radical positions that (probably?) overall balance out.

Social Issues

Abortion: Support women's right to choose prior to 20 weeks.  The current Partial Term Abortion Ban Act is sufficient; my main concern is making sure that abortions do not occur when the fetus has already formed sensory organs unless at risk of the life of the mother.  Strongly support over the counter access to contraceptives, family planning, increased funding to adoption, etc., as alternatives to abortion.

Guns: Pro-Second Amendment. Support universal background checks, but be cautious about any further federal restrictions on guns otherwise.

Gay Rights: Pro-gay rights and gay marriage.  Make gays a federally protected class akin to women and minorities

Euthanasia: I support euthanasia for terminal illnesses, along the lines of Oregon's Right to Die law.

Religious Freedoms: Supportive. Supported the Alito majority decision in Hobby Lobby.  Oppose forcing religious institutions from distributing birth control, etc.

Supreme Court: Balance the "living Constitution" approach supported by liberals with strict constructionist readings of the Constitution.  It should encompass a spectrum of different ideologies, chosen more for their unique experience than for their ideology (no "litmus test" for SCOTUS nominees).

Death Penalty: Depends.  California's appeals process is notoriously long and expensive; I'd rather see them sent to hard labor which is less of a burden to the taxpayers and gives them the opportunity to repent/reform.

War on Drugs: A failed idea. Decriminalize and legalize, as needed, except for heroin, meth, and cocaine. End the DEA's powers and oversight, except for heroin, meth, and cocaine. Legalize marijuana, completely.

Affirmative Action: I'm comfortable with the status quo; no quotas, but race is a fair factor to consider in order to make a level playing field for university education and thus access to high-paying jobs.

Embryonic Stem Cell Research: Supportive

Common Core: Supportive.  Our country needs a national framework when it comes to education; we can't have 50 vastly different sets of standards in a modern economy.  I have friends who moved from out of state and are either a year behind or a year ahead in different math and science classes.  Obviously local communities are best at determining the specifics, but at least have a rough national guideline for curriculum.

Evolution: Clearly happened. Support local education boards teaching evolution as accepted science, and exclude religious teachings from science classes.

Economic and Government Issues:

Taxes: Close loopholes and lower rates.  Make a more efficient tax code rather than the bureaucratic mess we have now.  I think Simpson-Bowles was a good start.  Introduce a 5% VAT / national sales tax with a rebate for low income earners; almost every other wealthy nation has a VAT of some kind.

Because of the risks posed by climate change, I would support gradually phasing out the special deductions given to oil companies.  Implement a cap-and-trade system over a carbon tax, as cap-and-trade is a market-based solution, which have nearly always worked better than strictly punitive reforms.

Spending: Balance the budget, as much as possible each year. A BBA is impractical. I am generally supportive of cutting spending to balance the budget, in all areas, and auditing all levels of government, including Defense (with the caveat that I still, on balance, support Defense spending to be strong enough to protect the United States and to project global power). Regulations should be audited, revised and stripped if useless.  Give agencies the tools they need to enforce good regulations, and create red teams to allow new start-ups to navegate the red tape required for doing so to maintain global competitiveness.

Defense Spending: The Pentagon should have as much as it needs to continue the United States' military and technological edge over every other nations, and our enemies combined. That said, it should be audited for waste annually, and contractors should win contracts based on an open bidding process.

Trade: Complete free trader. I want a global trade pact that eliminates all trade barriers, subsidies, and support for local industries, with the caveat that developing nations are given 20 years to develop their industries to come into the trade pact as fully mature nations.  At the same time, we need to make reductions in our unfair competitive advantage in certain fields; farm subsidies should be phased out as soon as it is feasible to do so, both to encourage agriculturally-specialized nations to compete and to allow for cheaper goods for the American people.

Social Security and Medicare Reform: The Age of Retirement must be raised, to at least 70.  The current system as it stands is not feasible looking into the future, and will bankrupt us if left unchecked.  Open to privatization plans in the future, but I need to do some more research as to how such proposals would work.  However, from a moral standpoint, allowing employees to keep the money they would be paying in payroll taxes and instead allowing them to save or invest them would be a huge benefit to lower-income households if coupled with informative / educational programs to help people plan for retirement.  See Medicare below

ObamaCare: I support nearly everything in the bill, however I would have gone a step further.  It should have included a public option and also provided for allowing Medicare to negotiate with pharmaceudical companies for lower drug costs, etc.  Long-term, single-payer is almost undoubtedly a cost-effective method of reducing healthcare from the beheamoth it is today; it's simply impractical to be spending nearly 18% of our GDP on healthcare while nations like Canada and even the UK spend about half that.  We can also look at the Singaporean system as a model; there, healthcare is estimated at 3.9% of GDP because of price transparency and significant use of savings accounts except for the poor and elderly.  Their system is a near-perfect combination of the best of both worlds - private and public.  It's simply inefficient to be spending so much of our capital on healthcare when that money could be spent investing in our country's future (or bombs.  Whatever tickles your fancy).

Right to Work: Support the right of states to pass such laws, but I'd be reluctant to impose such a system for private sector workers.  Public sector unions have a much different role; it must be recognized that such workers are supported by the taxpayers and thus there is a different role for public sector unions than private.  I like Germany's system in which many major companies grant their unions a seat at the table in board meetings as well as a vote in confirming the next CEO.  This would do wonders to alleviate tensions between unionized workers/unions and upper management.

Federal Minimum Wage Hike: Support an increase in minimum wage, though increasing it too dramatically or too quickly would potentially be negative, there are studies supporting little to no detriment to employment if done gradually.

Immigration, Foreign Issues, National Security:

Immigration: Oppose a wall (impractical), but strongly believe that we should have a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants, on the condition they pay taxes. If convicted of violent crime, send them home.  Necessary to balance border security with compassion for the millions of illegal immigrants living here presently.

Iraq and Afghanistan: Supported the War in Iraq and still do. (Bush corrected course in 2007 in Iraq). Support continued American involvement in the world, as someone who believes that America has a strong role to play on the global stage (the United States is the last best hope of mankind - meaning that America should not withdraw into Fortress America, but continue to project power and influence). Therefore, the United States should be actively fighting ISIS, etc. and working to develop a better governing coalition in both nations that can lead these nations into peace.  However we need to be building international coalitions along the lines of the Gulf War, and follow the Powell Doctrine when it comes to intervention: clear mission goal, clear plan of entrance, ensure we have the resources to win it quickly, go in with overwhelming force, have a clear exit strategy, and have a clear plan for what will happen once we leave.

Syria:  Support the Freedom Syria fighters, fighting the Assad regime, but by leading an international effort to topple Assad and have a clear plan for a new coalition government once we're finished.

Iran: Continue the Obama accords, and to slowly reintegrate Iran into the international community, while making them give up their nuclear ambitions. This is far better than the alternatives.

PATRIOT Act: I support revamping it to accommodate the concerns of civil libertarians. I believe that reform is better than abolition.  It is important that we join with almost every other western nation by recognizing that such events occur when not anticipated.  Rather than having a law in place for bringing terrorists to justice after the fact, I'd rather prevent the attacks from occurring in the first place.  As of yet, we haven't seen a major attack on US soil since 9/11, with dozens of attacks stopped since then as a result of the Act, a commendable record.

Israel: Balance Israeli and Palestinian interests.  Both sides have committed and continue to commit actions in defiance of international law and we must negotiate a two-state solution.  I believe that doing so will allow some of the hatred for Israel in many Muslim countries to be alleviated, as well as potentially allowing Palestine to serve as a moderating (READ: moderately pro-Western) voice in the Arab World akin to that of Turkey or Jordan.

Global Warming: Climate change is real.  Let's stop the BS and actually fix the problem.  Period.

Drink Too Much:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=147022.0

An Empire of Stars and Stripes:

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=156974.0

FOOL!  I AM Cathcon!

Endorsements:
President: Gary Johnson
Senate:
Other:
ElectionsGuy
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.87, S: -6.96

« Reply #1079 on: December 12, 2014, 05:22:55 pm »

Social Issues

You seem to have a severe case of xenophobia, my friend.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
YaBB God
Angola

Political Matrix

« Reply #1080 on: December 12, 2014, 07:38:23 pm »

Social Issues

You seem to have a severe case of xenophobia, my friend.
Ya think?

Representative MJM
mjmsh22
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1081 on: December 12, 2014, 09:37:45 pm »

Party: Democratic
Ideology: Very progressive. Want a welfare state where the government offers free public options for a wide range of infrastructure. Protect consumers and workers from companies which they cannot protect themselves against. Support a basic minimum income.

Abortion: Pro-choice until the fetus develops senses (which is not definite time, but current scientific literature seems to suggest 20+ weeks gestation)
Gay Marriage: Support
Drugs: Legalize all drugs, available for use at 18
Alcohol: Reduce age to 18
Stem Cell Research: Support all forms
Death Penalty: Oppose under all circumstances
Gun control: Support universal background checks. No guns in public. Ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines.
Affirmative Action: Oppose...this will never solve the problem at hand
Prostitution: Legalize, but do not allow brothels

Worker's Rights: Paid parental leave as in many countries like Sweden, for instance. Mandate combined vacation/sick/holiday pay of 25 days.
Right-to-work: Oppose. These laws just oppress freedom of association.
Corporate Welfare: Eliminate loopholes, particularly corporate inversion. Lower corporate income taxes, but ban negative income taxes.
Minimum Wage: Very important. Even $10.10 is not sufficient, though.
Capital Gains: Always tax as ordinary income
Health Care: SINGLE PAYER
Education: Charter schools are good, but most important thing we can do for education is make tuition free at public colleges and community colleges.
Trade: Free Trade
Social Security: In need of reform, but it is salvageable.

NSA: Like many, I am not too big of a fan of its tactics
ISIS: I support the war on terror. Air strikes are the way to go.
Military Spending: This can be reduced so easily.
Immigration: Amnesty. Promote legal immigration.
Cuba: End the embargo.
Foreign Aid: Support
U.N.: Support
Palestine: Try to work out a two state solution
Puerto Rico: Ideally, we should let Puerto Rico become its own country, but let them determine that for themselves.

Green Energy: Begin the move toward universal reliance on renewable energy like solar power to power electricity.
Keystone XL: Oppose
Nuclear Energy: Not the preferred method

Voter ID: Makes sense, but government needs to issue free IDs.
Campaign Finance: Rely solely on public funding for elections
Gerrymandering: the voting system for the House of Representatives should change to become a mixed-member proportional system.
Direct Election of Senators: Support
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 08:08:28 pm by mjmsh22 »Logged

Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
YaBB God
Angola

Political Matrix

« Reply #1082 on: December 12, 2014, 11:38:50 pm »

Ideology: Very progressive. Want a welfare state where the government offers free public options for a wide range of infrastructure. Protect consumers and workers from companies which they cannot protect themselves against. Support a basic minimum income.

Abortion: Pro-choice until the fetus develops senses (which is not definite time, but current scientific literature seems to suggest 20+ weeks gestation)
Gun control: Support universal background checks. No guns in public. Ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines.

Worker's Rights: Paid parental leave as in many countries like Sweden, for instance. Mandate combined vacation/sick/holiday pay of 25 days.
Corporate Welfare: Eliminate loopholes, particularly corporate inversion. Lower corporate income taxes, but ban negative income taxes.
Taxation: Let's just say progressive
Education: Charter schools are good, but most important thing we can do for education is make tuition free at public colleges and community colleges.

Puerto Rico: Ideally, we should let Puerto Rico become its own country, but let them determine that for themselves.

Green Energy: Begin the move toward universal reliance on renewable energy like solar power to power electricity.

Gerrymandering: the voting system for the House of Representatives should change to become a mixed-member proportional system.
Your a Social-Democrat not a Progressive.

Representative MJM
mjmsh22
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1083 on: December 13, 2014, 05:20:23 pm »

Taxation: Let's just say progressive

Your a Social-Democrat not a Progressive.

You're absolutely right; that would be a more accurate description. It is a force of habit to say I am a progressive because whenever I say I am a social democrat, people's minds tend to change that to democratic socialist, which I certainly am not.

hopper
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1084 on: December 13, 2014, 10:15:34 pm »

Lets see:

Social:

Patriot Act: Oppose, it goes too far.

Keep Go in the Public Sphere: Oppose

Abortion-only in cases in life of the mother, incest, and rape.

Affirmative Action-Oppose

Drugs-only legal for medical use

Guns- ban on assualt weapons, background checks.

Same Sex Marriage-Support

Voter ID-Support

Death Penalty-Support only if person will be in jail for the rest of life.

Economic-

Taxes-need tax reform-progressive tax system.

Heath Care-Private competition across stateline

Privatize- Social Security, Oppose needs lockbox.

Minimum Wage-Raise but carefully with no job losses(hard to do.!)

Immigration Reform-Support, pay back taxes, go to the pack of line for citizenship.

Support Fair Trade not free trade.

Alternative Energy-Support if Alternative Energy is cleaner and more efficient than what we currently have.

School Vouchers-Support if below poverty line.

Right to Work-Support but don;t support union busting. Let the person choose if they want to be in the union or not.

Idealogy:

Probably Moderate Libertarian Liberal or Moderate Libertarian.

Party:

Republican
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:31:33 pm by hopper »Logged
hopper
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1085 on: December 13, 2014, 10:24:05 pm »

Social:

Abortion: Illegal, except in cases of rape, incest, and life of the mother. No federal funding. Open to legal abortion in cases where the fetus is known to have severe genetic disabilities (e.g. those that make one have a vegetable-style life), but no further than that.

Gay Marriage: I personally am O.K. with civil unions and am opposed to full marriage, but this is really something that should be left up to states, not activist judges or the federal government.

Drugs: Full legalization of Marijuana with a substantial excise tax, just like we have for Tobacco. Everything else stays illegal, but focus on rehabilitation and not punishment.

Death Penalty: Only if it is a first-degree murder case with irrefutable evidence that the defendant is guilty, approved by at least two jury trials. Dramatically reduce time spent on death row, and switch to far quicker method of death (Personally, I don't really see what's the big deal with beheading. They're going to die no matter what method you use, so why not do a quick beheading rather than a lethal injection that doesn't kill right away and even fails to kill on rare occasions?) .

Gun Control: Expand background checks to all gun shows and the entire internet. Open to assault weapons ban. Nothing else.

Affirmative Action: Opposed. This is just a bunch of prejudice against whites.

Prostitution: Opposed, but would probably just leave it up to the states if I was in the federal government as there are much bigger issues to deal with.

Euthansia: Allowed, but only in cases where the patient and/or all living parents have given willful consent and there is a 0% chance of recovery.

Embryonic Stem Cell Research: Opposed.

Fiscal:

Federal Minimum Wage: Raise gradually ($0.75 - $1) each year towards an ultimate goal of $12. After that, raise each year according to inflation.

Welfare: Yes, but require one to be working or be enrolled in some sort of job training program

Right to Work: Yes, but in a way that still keeps unions intact.

Income Tax: Substantially reduce loopholes and deductions, open to very small rate decrease for those making less than $200,000 (e.g. 1-2%).

FAIR Tax: Opposed

Corporate Tax: Drastically reduce loopholes and deductions, lower top rate to 28%.

Balanced Budget Amendment: Yes. Require a balanced budget by fiscal 2030, with exceptions for declared war that is actually being fought (i.e. congress can't use this exception unless U.S. soldiers are actually fighting in the country we've declared war against), and severe recessions (underemployment >= 15%) .

Healthcare: Keep ObamaCare, but revise it. I have many things in mind: 40 hours, not 30 hours, should be considered full-time, work to dramatically lower premiums, allow a small number of health insurance companies that provide most but not all 'Obamacare-mandated' benefits to still exist for people that don't need full coverage (ex. people that don't need maternity-related services), continue to improve the website, have open enrollment year-long, repeal the medical device tax, forbid business owners from laying off or firing people solely because of Obamacare-related costs, and require all hospitals and doctors to accept insurance policies purchased on the website, no exceptions.

Medicare: Gradually raise retirement age for people under 55.

Social Security: Eliminate payroll tax cap but lower payroll tax rate to 4.2% for those making under $200,000. Gradually raise retirement age for people under 55.

Common Core: Opposed.

Foreign:

Afghanistan: Get Out. We've been there long enough.

Further Action in Iraq: Opposed.

Iran: Leave them alone.

Israel: Continue to be an ally, but respect its sovereignty and do not dictate its foreign or domestic policy.

Syria: Leave them alone.

Cuba: End the travel ban, gradually reestablish U.S.-Cuba trade.

Military Spending: Cut it by $200 Billion immediately, then freeze for 15 years - no exceptions, not even for inflation, unless approved by a 2/3 majority of both houses of congress and the president.

Foreign Economic Aid: I support the 'Newt Gingrich' view here. Eliminate it completely, and then have countries justify why we should give them a penny.

PATRIOT Act: Substantially weaken

Guantanamo Bay: Keep it open, but give potential prisoners a full jury trial in federal court.

Immigration Reform: Support the 'Marco Rubio' plan passed by the U.S. Senate in 2013.

Other:

Keystone XL: Approve as long as U.S. actually uses some of the oil itself rather than exporting all of it.

Electoral College: Abolish, institute NPV with IRV.

Gerrymandering: Eliminate with shortest-splitline method

Congressional Term Limits: 6 terms for the house, 2 for the senate

Statehood of Puerto Rico: Supportive

Voter ID: Opposed. It's biased to favor republican-leaning voters and fraud isn't even a nominal problem on a national scale.

You are more a "mainstream" Conservative Republican than an Independent.
i'd be laughed out of the republican party because I don't support full repeal of ObamaCare, the Paul Ryan budget, or tax cuts for the wealthy. I'd be laughed out of the democratic party because i'm not fond of obama and because i'm not left enough on social issues or entitlements. I'm also a big proponent of compromise. That's why i'm an independent.
Your like me almost. I could be to the left of you socially though but not too much.
hopper
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1086 on: December 13, 2014, 10:38:24 pm »

Social Issues

Libertarian-Leaning Conservative. or Libertarian Conservative.
Old School Republican
Computer89
YaBB God

« Reply #1087 on: December 14, 2014, 01:31:15 am »

Economic and Fiscal Issues : Moderate Conservative
Foreign Policy : Moderate Conservative
Domestic Issues: Centrist
Social Issues : Moderate Liberal

Favorite Politicians from the last 50 years:

Economic Score: 3.61
Social: -0.1
Oakvale
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1088 on: December 14, 2014, 03:00:43 pm »

Economic and Fiscal Issues : Moderate Conservative
Foreign Policy : Moderate Conservative
Domestic Issues: Centrist
Social Issues : Moderate Liberal

Appropriate username.
Wolverines34
United States
« Reply #1089 on: December 15, 2014, 01:56:42 pm »

How is Islamism not a threat to western values or liberal democracy?. Everysingle islamic country has no rights for women, gays, or minorities. 71% of Danish Muslims believe that the danish cartoonist should be hanged...When any type of religion becomes that powerful in culture, it IS a threat to freedom. And right now, that threat is Islam.

However, America has made this worse by continuing to intervene in the middle east. We should not get involved.

More of a elaboration on my views.

Taxes:Flatter and lower. 28% Tax Rate for the highest bracket, 10% for the lowest. The Very poor would pay no taxes. 10, 20, and 28% rates. Close loopholes.

Immigration:Return to our 1920s immigration laws. All Illegals must be deported.

Labor Unions:Support an alliance between Unions and Business like in Japan. It benifts everyone and increases wages and profits for both workers and business. Also cut business taxes.

Middle East:Avoid getting involved. Kick Turkey out of NATO.

Economic:+2.97
Social:-1.56
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
YaBB God
Angola

Political Matrix

« Reply #1090 on: December 15, 2014, 04:02:26 pm »

How is Islamism not a threat to western values or liberal democracy?. Everysingle islamic country has no rights for women, gays, or minorities. 71% of Danish Muslims believe that the danish cartoonist should be hanged...When any type of religion becomes that powerful in culture, it IS a threat to freedom. And right now, that threat is Islam.

However, America has made this worse by continuing to intervene in the middle east. We should not get involved.

More of a elaboration on my views.

Taxes:Flatter and lower. 28% Tax Rate for the highest bracket, 10% for the lowest. The Very poor would pay no taxes. 10, 20, and 28% rates. Close loopholes.

Immigration:Return to our 1920s immigration laws. All Illegals must be deported.

Labor Unions:Support an alliance between Unions and Business like in Japan. It benifts everyone and increases wages and profits for both workers and business. Also cut business taxes.

Middle East:Avoid getting involved. Kick Turkey out of NATO.
Um.... LOL?

Jose Canseco
ConservativeDemocrat

« Reply #1091 on: December 16, 2014, 08:01:37 pm »

1.spending tax
2.steroid injections
3.end wars & spending in sandy nations for spending in schools
4.replace all textbooks with copies of Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant 'Roids, Smash Hits & How Baseball Got Big, by yours truley.
5.end fatness

#yeswecancanseco!

Economic-3.14
Social- -4.34
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
YaBB God
Angola

Political Matrix

« Reply #1092 on: December 17, 2014, 09:21:29 am »

1.spending tax
2.steroid injections
3.end wars & spending in sandy nations for spending in schools
4.replace all textbooks with copies of Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant 'Roids, Smash Hits & How Baseball Got Big, by yours truley.
5.end fatness

#yeswecancanseco!
Go away.

Del Tachi
Republican95
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1093 on: December 22, 2014, 11:26:32 am »

Overall: Big-government liberal Republican.  Could pass for an Andrew Cuomo or Amy Klobuchar Democrat, maybe.  

Social Policy
Abortion: Supportive of Roe v. Wade, and generally pro-choice.  However, I am not opposed to certain “informed consent” laws and mandatory waiting periods.  Minors seeking abortion should have to gain parental consent.
Drugs: Continue the war on drugs with harsher penalties being applied to violators, including recreational users.  Enforce federal drug laws in States where marijuana has been legalized.
Censorship: The government has the responsibility to censor objectionable material from the air and radio waves.  The fact that satellite communications are exempt from FCC content regulation should be enough to appease the anti-censorship crowd.
Net Neutrality: Opposed; turning the Internet into a public good would decrease private investment into Internet infrastructure and thus make the internet less accessible to everyone.  
Gay marriage: The equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment makes statewide bans on gay marriage unconstitutional.  SCOTUS should strike-down all statewide bans, and the Congress should pass legislation in order to ensure LGBT equality in employment, healthcare, housing, education and other areas.  
Death penalty: Federal use of the death penalty is warranted in extreme circumstances; States can enact their own laws.  I personally do not oppose the death penalty on moral or religious grounds.
Prostitution: Local and municipal jurisdictions should be allowed to make their own laws to fit their communities as prostitution’s major effects are on property values and local health.  I would not support the legalization of prostitution in my community as a matter of moral decency and preserving property values.  Stronger enforcement of federal laws concerning human trafficking and child exploitation.  
Church & state: The state should stay out of religious affairs, and religious organizations and churches should be tax exempt with the exception of the monies they earn through commercial enterprises.  Forcing churches to forfeit their tax exempt status for making political stances is tantamount to “taxing” the First Amendment.  Individuals should be allowed to lobby and petition the state on behalf of the Church like any other citizen would be able to do for any other organization.  
Affirmative action: Implement a quota system in federal hiring in order to ensure representation of minorities, women and LGBT Americans.  
Hate crime laws: Crimes of corresponding severity should be treated similarly regardless of apparent motive.  No additional punishment should be levied for crimes perpetuated out of “hate.”  
Immigration: Comprehensive immigration reform including blanket amnesty for all non-criminal illegals.  Strengthen border security.  Maintain birthright citizenship.  Stronger enforcement of existing federal laws.    
Stem cell research: Support federal funding of stem cell research.  
PATRIOT Act: Support the reauthorization and expansion of the PATRIOT Act in order to give the federal government more power to combat terrorism.  
Gun Control: Status-quo.  Increase data sharing between state and federal agencies as a way to strengthen the effectiveness of federal background checks.  
Assisted suicide: Ambivalent.  However, living wills are generally a bad idea and end-of-life decisions are best left to family members.  
Gambling: Decisions should be left to local and municipal jurisdictions.  I would not support legal gambling in my community.  Heavily tax earnings gained through gambling and lotto.
Organ donation: Status quo.  Opposed to universal or “opt-out” organ donation; follow wishes of next-of-kin in ambiguous cases.  Invest in non-market mechanisms (i.e., public service announcements) to increase organ donation.  

Electoral Reform:
Term limits: No term limits for Congress or judges, but keep the 22nd Amendment.  Keep the seniority system in place in Congress.  Opposed to term limits for Mississippi legislators or other statewide officials.  
Statehood: Refer to popular referendums on statehood questions.  Allow for a referendum in Washington, D.C.  
Voting age: Keep as is, but allow people who will turn 18 before Election Day to vote in primary elections.  
Campaign Finance Reform: Status quo.  Political donations are free speech.  
Voting system: Keep as is.  Allow States to experiment with proportional representation and multi-seat districts.  
Gerrymandering:  Status-quo.  Opposed to “independent” redistricting committees.  
Voter ID: Pass a national voter ID law requiring valid photo ID in order to cast a ballot for federal office.
Primaries, Statewide: Opposed to partisan voter registration in Mississippi; support the current open primary system.  Consider implementation of a Louisiana-style “jungle primary.”  Allow all eligible Mississippi voters to vote in runoff elections, regardless of their previous participation in other parties’ primaries.
Primaries, National:  The national parties should push for presidential primary reform where large, rotating batches of states are allowed to vote at once as a way to decrease the power that certain states (i.e., Iowa, New Hampshire) have on the presidential primary process.

Economic Issues:
Welfare: Block-grant Medicaid and send back to the States with federally-enforced support and eligibility standards.  Opposed to drug-testing for welfare eligibility.  
Unions: Implement a national right-to-work law in order to diminish the influence of organized labor.  
Education:  Complete federalization of K-12.  All public school teachers and school administrators become federal employees and all local/state financing of public education is removed.  Ban on charter schools and vouchers, and consider bans on private education if found to be Constitutional.  Fully implement Common Core.  Establish national benchmark standards for K-12 and require students to pass standardized tests in order to advance into the next grade.  By removing State funding for K-12, States should be able to put more resources into Higher Ed.      
Privatization: Generally opposed.  Maintain current government assets associated with TVA and DRA.
Environment: Implement cap-and-trade legislation with exemptions for non-major polluters.  Increase EPA funding.  
Minimum wage: Oppose further increases in the federal minimum wage.  Expand the EITC.  
Taxation: Keep the current progressive system for income taxation.  Experiment with shifting the tax burden back to the upper classes through consumption-based taxation (i.e., luxury goods taxes, real estate taxes).  Implement an income tax “surcharge” on incomes over a certain level, say $3 million.  Raise and lock the Social Security tax cap to cover 90 percent of all workers.  Reform and lower corporate taxes as a way to discourage outsourcing.  
Healthcare: Repeal Obamacare.  Implement malpractice reform and allow insurers  to compete across state lines in order to decrease premiums.    
Trade: Support free trade as way to bring down prices for consumers.  Trade to correct American trade deficit by encouraging American producers to export, especially in the agriculture sector.  
Embargo: Use embargoes and sanctions as way to exert diplomatic pressure.  
Pork: Overwhelmingly supportive.  Use “pork-barrel” projects as ways to promote local economic development.    
Subsidies: Opposed to changes in the Federal Crop Insurance Program; generously subsidize struggling industries.  
Military: Maintain current military funding levels, but shift more money into R&D and away from traditional ground forces.  Make more use of military contractors as a way to allow for funds to go further.    

Foreign Policy

War: Maintain a constant state of military readiness, and be willing to go to war whenever and wherever American interests are at stake.  Do not be afraid to go to war unilaterally.  Use reputation as a military juggernaut as a way to exert diplomatic pressure.  
Israel-Palestine: Generally supportive of a two-state solution, but it most likely will have to occur on Israeli terms in order to be successful.  Increase support for Israel as it is the only secular democracy in the Middle East.  Call for an end to new settlements, but maintain that those living in settlements have a solely civilian status.  
Draft:  Status-quo.
UN: Use status as the UN’s largest financial contributor to encourage the organization into changing its role in a new, global environment.  Shift focus away from security issues and to humanitarian issues.  Use the UN as a global forum in which member nations may organize international relief efforts and financial aid.  Work through other international organizations (namely NATO) to deal with threats to international security.    
Nukes: Maintain American nuclear arsenal.  Expand the “nuclear club” to more U.S. allies such as Canada, Australia and Germany.  
Foreign Aid: Increase levels of foreign aid as a way to increase American presence and influence in the developing world.  
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:38:00 pm by Del Tachi »Logged

2017/18 Gubernatorial Endorsements:
AL - Kay Ivey (R)
CA - Gavin Newsom (D)
FL - Adam Putnam (R)
GA - Brian Kemp (R)
ID - Brad Little (R)
MI - Bill Schutte (R)
TN - Randy Boyd (R)

VA - Ed Gillespie (R)
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
YaBB God
Angola

Political Matrix

« Reply #1094 on: December 22, 2014, 11:35:19 pm »

Overall: Big-government liberal Republican.  Could pass for an Andrew Cuomo or Amy Klobuchar Democrat, maybe.   

Social Policy
Abortion: Supportive of Roe v. Wade, and generally pro-choice.  However, I am not opposed to certain “informed consent” laws and mandatory waiting periods.  Minors seeking abortion should have to gain parental consent.
Drugs: Continue the war on drugs with harsher penalties being applied to violators, including recreational users.  Enforce federal drug laws in States where marijuana has been legalized.
Censorship: The government has the responsibility to censor objectionable material from the air and radio waves.  The fact that satellite communications are exempt from FCC content regulation should be enough to appease the anti-censorship crowd.
Net Neutrality: Opposed; turning the Internet into a public good would decrease private investment into Internet infrastructure and thus make the internet less accessible to everyone. 
Gay marriage: The equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment makes statewide bans on gay marriage unconstitutional.  SCOTUS should strike-down all statewide bans, and the Congress should pass legislation in order to ensure LGBT equality in employment, healthcare, housing, education and other areas. 
Death penalty: Federal use of the death penalty is warranted in extreme circumstances; States can enact their own laws.  I personally do not oppose the death penalty on moral or religious grounds.
Prostitution: Local and municipal jurisdictions should be allowed to make their own laws to fit their communities as prostitution’s major effects are on property values and local health.  I would not support the legalization of prostitution in my community as a matter of moral decency and preserving property values.  Stronger enforcement of federal laws concerning human trafficking and child exploitation.   
Church & state: The state should stay out of religious affairs, and religious organizations and churches should be tax exempt with the exception of the monies they earn through commercial enterprises.  Forcing churches to forfeit their tax exempt status for making political stances is tantamount to “taxing” the First Amendment.  Individuals should be allowed to lobby and petition the state on behalf of the Church like any other citizen would be able to do for any other organization. 
Affirmative action: Implement a quota system in federal hiring in order to ensure representation of minorities, women and LGBT Americans. 
Hate crime laws: Crimes of corresponding severity should be treated similarly regardless of apparent motive.  No additional punishment should be levied for crimes perpetuated out of “hate.” 
Immigration: Comprehensive immigration reform including blanket amnesty for all non-criminal illegals.  Strengthen border security.  Maintain birthright citizenship.  Stronger enforcement of existing federal laws.   
PATRIOT Act: Support the reauthorization and expansion of the PATRIOT Act in order to give the federal government more power to combat terrorism.   
Gun Control: Status-quo.  Increase data sharing between state and federal agencies as a way to strengthen the effectiveness of federal background checks. 
Assisted suicide: Ambivalent.  However, living wills are generally a bad idea and end-of-life decisions are best left to family members.   
Gambling: Decisions should be left to local and municipal jurisdictions.  I would not support legal gambling in my community.  Heavily tax earnings gained through gambling and lotto.
Organ donation: Status quo.  Opposed to universal or “opt-out” organ donation; follow wishes of next-of-kin in ambiguous cases.  Invest in non-market mechanisms (i.e., public service announcements) to increase organ donation. 

Electoral Reform:
Term limits: No term limits for Congress or judges, but keep the 22nd Amendment.  Keep the seniority system in place in Congress.  Opposed to term limits for Mississippi legislators or other statewide officials.   
Statehood: Refer to popular referendums on statehood questions.  Allow for a referendum in Washington, D.C. 
Voting age: Keep as is, but allow people who will turn 18 before Election Day to vote in primary elections. 
Campaign Finance Reform: Status quo.  Political donations are free speech. 
Voting system: Keep as is.  Allow States to experiment with proportional representation and multi-seat districts. 
Gerrymandering:  Status-quo.  Opposed to “independent” redistricting committees.   
Voter ID: Pass a national voter ID law requiring valid photo ID in order to cast a ballot for federal office.
Primaries, Statewide: Opposed to partisan voter registration in Mississippi; support the current open primary system.  Consider implementation of a Louisiana-style “jungle primary.”  Allow all eligible Mississippi voters to vote in runoff elections, regardless of their previous participation in other parties’ primaries.
Primaries, National:  The national parties should push for presidential primary reform where large, rotating batches of states are allowed to vote at once as a way to decrease the power that certain states (i.e., Iowa, New Hampshire) have on the presidential primary process.

Economic Issues:
Welfare: Block-grant Medicaid and send back to the States with federally-enforced support and eligibility standards.  Opposed to drug-testing for welfare eligibility.   
Unions: Implement a national right-to-work law in order to diminish the influence of organized labor. 
Education:  Complete federalization of K-12.  All public school teachers and school administrators become federal employees and all local/state financing of public education is removed.  Ban on charter schools and vouchers, and consider bans on private education if found to be Constitutional.  Fully implement Common Core.  Establish national benchmark standards for K-12 and require students to pass standardized tests in order to advance into the next grade.  By removing State funding for K-12, States should be able to put more resources into Higher Ed.     
Privatization: Generally opposed.  Maintain current government assets associated with TVA and DRA.
Environment: Implement cap-and-trade legislation with exemptions for non-major polluters.  Increase EPA funding.   
Minimum wage: Oppose further increases in the federal minimum wage.  Expand the EITC. 
Taxation: Keep the current progressive system for income taxation.  Experiment with shifting the tax burden back to the upper classes through consumption-based taxation (i.e., luxury goods taxes, real estate taxes).  Implement an income tax “surcharge” on incomes over a certain level, say $3 million.  Raise and lock the Social Security tax cap to cover 90 percent of all workers.  Reform and lower corporate taxes as a way to discourage outsourcing.   
Healthcare: Repeal Obamacare.  Implement malpractice reform and allow insurers  to compete across state lines in order to decrease premiums.   
Trade: Support free trade as way to bring down prices for consumers.  Trade to correct American trade deficit by encouraging American producers to export, especially in the agriculture sector. 
Pork: Overwhelmingly supportive.  Use “pork-barrel” projects as ways to promote local economic development.   
Subsidies: Increase agricultural subsidies; generously subsidize struggling industries. 
Military: Maintain current military funding levels, but shift more money into R&D and away from traditional ground forces.  Make more use of military contractors as a way to allow for funds to go further.   

Foreign Policy

War: Maintain a constant state of military readiness, and be willing to go to war whenever and wherever American interests are at stake.  Do not be afraid to go to war unilaterally.  Use reputation as a military juggernaut as a way to exert diplomatic pressure. 
Israel-Palestine: Generally supportive of a two-state solution, but it most likely will have to occur on Israeli terms in order to be successful.  Increase support for Israel as it is the only secular democracy in the Middle East.  Call for an end to new settlements, but maintain that those living in settlements have a solely civilian status. 
Draft:  Status-quo.
UN: Use status as the UN’s largest financial contributor to encourage the organization into changing its role in a new, global environment.  Shift focus away from security issues and to humanitarian issues.  Use the UN as a global forum in which member nations may organize international relief efforts and financial aid.  Work through other international organizations (namely NATO) to deal with threats to international security.   
Nukes: Maintain American nuclear arsenal.  Expand the “nuclear club” to more U.S. allies such as Canada, Australia and Germany. 
Foreign Aid: Increase levels of foreign aid as a way to increase American presence and influence in the developing world.   

Um they just passed legislation to say that they're a Jewish state, so secular my ass.

MalaspinaGold
YaBB God

« Reply #1095 on: December 22, 2014, 11:57:04 pm »

Overall: Big-government liberal Republican.  Could pass for an Andrew Cuomo or Amy Klobuchar Democrat, maybe.   

Social Policy
Abortion: Supportive of Roe v. Wade, and generally pro-choice.  However, I am not opposed to certain “informed consent” laws and mandatory waiting periods.  Minors seeking abortion should have to gain parental consent.
Drugs: Continue the war on drugs with harsher penalties being applied to violators, including recreational users.  Enforce federal drug laws in States where marijuana has been legalized.
Censorship: The government has the responsibility to censor objectionable material from the air and radio waves.  The fact that satellite communications are exempt from FCC content regulation should be enough to appease the anti-censorship crowd.
Gay marriage: The equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment makes statewide bans on gay marriage unconstitutional.  SCOTUS should strike-down all statewide bans, and the Congress should pass legislation in order to ensure LGBT equality in employment, healthcare, housing, education and other areas. 
Death penalty: Federal use of the death penalty is warranted in extreme circumstances; States can enact their own laws.  I personally do not oppose the death penalty on moral or religious grounds.
Prostitution: Local and municipal jurisdictions should be allowed to make their own laws to fit their communities as prostitution’s major effects are on property values and local health.  I would not support the legalization of prostitution in my community as a matter of moral decency and preserving property values.  Stronger enforcement of federal laws concerning human trafficking and child exploitation.   
Church & state: The state should stay out of religious affairs, and religious organizations and churches should be tax exempt with the exception of the monies they earn through commercial enterprises.  Forcing churches to forfeit their tax exempt status for making political stances is tantamount to “taxing” the First Amendment.  Individuals should be allowed to lobby and petition the state on behalf of the Church like any other citizen would be able to do for any other organization. 
Hate crime laws: Crimes of corresponding severity should be treated similarly regardless of apparent motive.  No additional punishment should be levied for crimes perpetuated out of “hate.” 
Immigration: Comprehensive immigration reform including blanket amnesty for all non-criminal illegals.  Strengthen border security.  Maintain birthright citizenship.  Stronger enforcement of existing federal laws.   
Gun Control: Status-quo.  Increase data sharing between state and federal agencies as a way to strengthen the effectiveness of federal background checks. 
Assisted suicide: Ambivalent.  However, living wills are generally a bad idea and end-of-life decisions are best left to family members.   
Gambling: Decisions should be left to local and municipal jurisdictions.  I would not support legal gambling in my community.  Heavily tax earnings gained through gambling and lotto.
Organ donation: Status quo.  Opposed to universal or “opt-out” organ donation; follow wishes of next-of-kin in ambiguous cases.  Invest in non-market mechanisms (i.e., public service announcements) to increase organ donation. 

Electoral Reform:
Term limits: No term limits for Congress or judges, but keep the 22nd Amendment.  Keep the seniority system in place in Congress.  Opposed to term limits for Mississippi legislators or other statewide officials.   
Statehood: Refer to popular referendums on statehood questions.  Allow for a referendum in Washington, D.C. 
Voting system: Keep as is.  Allow States to experiment with proportional representation and multi-seat districts. 
Gerrymandering:  Status-quo.  Opposed to “independent” redistricting committees.   
Primaries, Statewide: Opposed to partisan voter registration in Mississippi; support the current open primary system.  Consider implementation of a Louisiana-style “jungle primary.”  Allow all eligible Mississippi voters to vote in runoff elections, regardless of their previous participation in other parties’ primaries.
Primaries, National:  The national parties should push for presidential primary reform where large, rotating batches of states are allowed to vote at once as a way to decrease the power that certain states (i.e., Iowa, New Hampshire) have on the presidential primary process.

Economic Issues:
Welfare: Block-grant Medicaid and send back to the States with federally-enforced support and eligibility standards.  Opposed to drug-testing for welfare eligibility.   
Education:  Complete federalization of K-12.  All public school teachers and school administrators become federal employees and all local/state financing of public education is removed.  Ban on charter schools and vouchers, and consider bans on private education if found to be Constitutional.  Fully implement Common Core.  Establish national benchmark standards for K-12 and require students to pass standardized tests in order to advance into the next grade.  By removing State funding for K-12, States should be able to put more resources into Higher Ed.     
Privatization: Generally opposed.  Maintain current government assets associated with TVA and DRA.
Environment: Implement cap-and-trade legislation with exemptions for non-major polluters.  Increase EPA funding.   
Minimum wage: Oppose further increases in the federal minimum wage.  Expand the EITC. 
Taxation: Keep the current progressive system for income taxation.  Experiment with shifting the tax burden back to the upper classes through consumption-based taxation (i.e., luxury goods taxes, real estate taxes).  Implement an income tax “surcharge” on incomes over a certain level, say $3 million.  Raise and lock the Social Security tax cap to cover 90 percent of all workers.  Reform and lower corporate taxes as a way to discourage outsourcing.   
Healthcare: Repeal Obamacare.  Implement malpractice reform and allow insurers  to compete across state lines in order to decrease premiums.   
Trade: Support free trade as way to bring down prices for consumers.  Trade to correct American trade deficit by encouraging American producers to export, especially in the agriculture sector. 
Pork: Overwhelmingly supportive.  Use “pork-barrel” projects as ways to promote local economic development.   
Subsidies: Increase agricultural subsidies; generously subsidize struggling industries. 
Military: Maintain current military funding levels, but shift more money into R&D and away from traditional ground forces.  Make more use of military contractors as a way to allow for funds to go further.   

Foreign Policy

War: Maintain a constant state of military readiness, and be willing to go to war whenever and wherever American interests are at stake.  Do not be afraid to go to war unilaterally.  Use reputation as a military juggernaut as a way to exert diplomatic pressure. 
Israel-Palestine: Generally supportive of a two-state solution, but it most likely will have to occur on Israeli terms in order to be successful.  Increase support for Israel as it is the only secular democracy in the Middle East.  Call for an end to new settlements, but maintain that those living in settlements have a solely civilian status. 
UN: Use status as the UN’s largest financial contributor to encourage the organization into changing its role in a new, global environment.  Shift focus away from security issues and to humanitarian issues.  Use the UN as a global forum in which member nations may organize international relief efforts and financial aid.  Work through other international organizations (namely NATO) to deal with threats to international security.   
Nukes: Maintain American nuclear arsenal.  Expand the “nuclear club” to more U.S. allies such as Canada, Australia and Germany. 

Um they just passed legislation to say that they're a Jewish state, so secular my ass.
No, they tried to and as a result the government fell.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
YaBB God
Angola

Political Matrix

« Reply #1096 on: December 23, 2014, 10:43:59 am »

Social Policy

Electoral Reform:

Economic Issues:

Foreign Policy

No, they tried to and as a result the government fell.
So it didn't pass? Crap, I need to find better information.

Libertarian Socialist Dem
« Reply #1097 on: December 27, 2014, 07:18:28 pm »

Party:       Democrat
Ideology:  Social Democrat with a Libertarian stripe

Social Issues:

Abortion: Strongly Pro-Choice until the point of viability.

Gay Marriage: 100% in favor of, overturn state laws banning it at the federal level as discriminatory.

War on Drugs: Legalize all drugs, abolish the DEA

Prostitution: Legalize

Stem Cell Research: Expand

Affirmative Action: For but based on class instead of race

Gun Control: kind of torn, I think that there's a strong left-wing case to be made in favor of allowing people to bear arms. I can't understand liberals wanting to give racist cops a monopoly on gun ownership in big citites. At the same time if you could implement some kind of background check to prevent mass shootings i'd be all for it. I really think though that overlaps with other issues also though like mental health.

Gambling: Support legalizing but I disagree with how it's done. (see below)

Immigration: The US is a nation of immigrants and I know that my ancestors were discriminated against by the WASPs when they first came here and I feel that people are hypocritical to oppose immigration. Yes it may depress wages somewhat but they're are other ways of stimulating them again. (see under economics)

Civil Liberties: Abolish the Patriot Act, Espionage Act, end NSA spying and police militarization, ban the use of domestic drones by police departments.

Other stuff: I guess i'm more socially libertarian then Socially Liberal since i've always had a problem with progressive paternalism. I think that sin taxes are fundamentally regressive and it annoys me how things like cigarette taxes and gambling are always tied to funding programs. It just seems like a bullsh**t way to avoid taxing the rich. I also think that bars should be able to allow smoking if they're adult only venues. Also the drinking age should be lowered to eighteen.

Economics:

Pro-Union, support single payer health care, free universal college education, guaranteed minimum income as a means of offsetting outsourcing. If we had guaranteed income it would be a boon to the economy as more people could leave their sh**tty jobs and either start businesses or pursue some creative venture. It would also be stimulus for those at the bottom. I also think that giving those at the bottom money directly is less demeaning to the poor then forcing them to be dependent on busy body social workers. Also institute a stock transaction tax and reinstate glass-stegal.

Foreign Policy:

Israel/Palestine: I believe that ethnic based states are fundamentally racist and if their ever could have been a two state solution it's been ruined by the nutty settlers moving onto what should have been Palestinian land. There should be one multiethnic secular state and I say this as a partial Jew myself.

Iran: I think we should lift the sanctions and move towards better relations with Iran and away from Saudi Arabia.

Afghanistan: Pull out already!

Draft: 100000% opposed

The US should remained engaged in the world and I think that under extreme circumstances intervention can be justified to prevent genocide but in general we should reorient our foreign policy towards one based on human rights and less in serving corporate interests.

Overall: Basically a Libertarian Socialist as my name would imply or more accurately an (LSD) Libertarian Social Democrat. I also think that my politics are in some ways close to Christopher Hitchens before 9/11.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 04:46:18 am by Libertarian Socialist Dem »Logged
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
YaBB God
Angola

Political Matrix

« Reply #1098 on: December 28, 2014, 11:22:17 pm »

Social Issues:

Gay Marriage: 100% in favor of, overturn state laws banning it at the federal level as discriminatory.

Gun Control: kind of torn, I think that there's a strong left-wing case to be made in favor of allowing people to bear arms. I can't understand liberals wanting to give racist cops a monopoly on gun ownership in big citites. At the same time if you could implement some kind of background check to prevent mass shootings i'd be all for it. I really think that overlaps with other issues also though like mental health.

Immigration: The US is a nation of immigrants and I know that my ancestors were discriminated against by the WASPs when they first came here and I feel that people are hypocritical to oppose immigration. Yes it may depress wages somewhat but they're are other ways of stimulating them again. (see under economics)

Civil Liberties: Abolish the Patriot Act, Espionage Act, end NSA spying and police militarization, ban the use of domestic drones by police departments.

Other stuff: I guess i'm more socially libertarian then Socially Liberal since i've always had a problem with progressive paternalism. I think that sin taxes are fundamentally regressive and it annoys me how things like cigarette taxes and gambling are always tied to funding programs. It just seems like a bullsh**t way to avoid taxing the rich. I also think that bars should be able to allow smoking if they're adult only venues. Also the drinking age should be lowered to eighteen.

Economics:

Pro-Union, support single payer health care, free universal college education, guaranteed minimum income as a means of offsetting outsourcing. If we had guaranteed income it would be a boon to the economy as more people could leave their sh**tty jobs and either start businesses or pursue some creative venture. It would also be stimulus for those at the bottom. I also think that giving those at the bottom money directly is less demeaning to the poor then forcing them to be dependent on busy body social workers. Also institute a stock transaction tax and reinstate glass-stegal.

Foreign Policy:

Israel/Palestine: I believe that ethnic based states are fundamentally racist and if their ever could have been a two state solution it's been ruined by the nutty settlers moving onto what should have been Palestinian land. There should be one multiethnic secular state and I say this as a partial Jew myself.

Iran: I think we should lift the sanctions and move towards better relations with Iran and away from Saudi Arabia.

The US should remained engaged in the world and I think that under extreme circumstances intervention can be justified to prevent genocide but in general we should reorient our foreign policy towards one based on human rights and less in serving corporate interests.

Overall: Basically a Libertarian Socialist as my name would imply or more accurately an (LSD) Libertarian Social Democrat. I also think that my politics are in some ways close to Christopher Hitchens before 9/11.

Hate to break it to ya, but your not a Libertarian Socialist.
                                                                    -A Libertarian Socialist

Libertarian Socialist Dem
« Reply #1099 on: December 30, 2014, 04:26:22 am »

Social Issues:

Gun Control: kind of torn, I think that there's a strong left-wing case to be made in favor of allowing people to bear arms. I can't understand liberals wanting to give racist cops a monopoly on gun ownership in big citites. At the same time if you could implement some kind of background check to prevent mass shootings i'd be all for it. I really think that overlaps with other issues also though like mental health.

Economics:

Foreign Policy:

Hate to break it to ya, but your not a Libertarian Socialist.
                                                                    -A Libertarian Socialist

How, because i'm not an anarchist?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout