Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2019, 02:07:26 am
News: 2019 Gubernatorial Predictions are now active

Atlas Forum
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderators: NYGurl, Torie, Associate Justice PiT)
  Summary of political beliefs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] Print
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 388767 times)
ChelseaT
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: June 08, 2019, 10:54:21 am »

Overall I'd say I'm somewhat of a libertarian. Conservative on most fiscal issues, liberal on immigration and foreign policy, and don't really care about most social issues.
Smiling John
John Dule
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

« Reply #1401 on: June 10, 2019, 08:58:47 pm »

The State must not discriminate based on....political ideology.

as well as a Constitutional provision requiring all politicians who propose redistribution to resign.

ayy lmao

Government employees don't deserve human rights.

WTF?

If you decide to live a life funded by leeching off of the taxpayers, you should be expected to give up certain freedoms. For starters, elected officials should not be allowed to propose restricting freedom of speech, the right to bear arms, etc.
Hugo Award nominee
Nathan
YaBB God

« Reply #1402 on: June 10, 2019, 08:59:51 pm »

as well as a Constitutional provision requiring all politicians who propose redistribution to resign.

ayy lmao

WTF?

If you decide to live a life funded by leeching off of the taxpayers, you should be expected to give up certain freedoms.

Funnily, this is how I feel about lives funded by leeching off of one's employees vis-à-vis the right to private property.
Smiling John
John Dule
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1403 on: June 10, 2019, 10:40:24 pm »

ayy lmao

WTF?

If you decide to live a life funded by leeching off of the taxpayers, you should be expected to give up certain freedoms.

Funnily, this is how I feel about lives funded by leeching off of one's employees vis--vis the right to private property.

The difference, of course, is that everyone has the right to own private property, while government officials are given special privileges that are unmeritocratic and unearned.
Tartarus Sauce
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1404 on: June 20, 2019, 04:04:56 pm »

ayy lmao

WTF?

If you decide to live a life funded by leeching off of the taxpayers, you should be expected to give up certain freedoms. For starters, elected officials should not be allowed to propose restricting freedom of speech, the right to bear arms, etc.

That's very different from saying they don't deserve "human rights." That's the type of language I expect from somebody advocating for genocide or some other form of atrocity against a group of people.
Edgar Suit Larry
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1405 on: June 24, 2019, 10:52:33 am »

ayy lmao

WTF?

Funnily, this is how I feel about lives funded by leeching off of one's employees vis--vis the right to private property.

The difference, of course, is that everyone has the right to own private property, while government officials are given special privileges that are unmeritocratic and unearned.
Cops?
Smiling John
John Dule
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1406 on: June 24, 2019, 02:56:17 pm »

ayy lmao

WTF?

Cops?

That's just one example, but yes. I can't think of many other groups of people who get to kill unarmed black kids and get away with it.
Cokeland Saxton
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.84, S: 2.43

P P P
« Reply #1407 on: July 10, 2019, 02:34:21 pm »

Social Policy:

Abortion: Pro-life, no exceptions
Same Sex Marriage: Civil unions only
Marijuana for medical use, do not decriminalize drug use, but incentivize rehabilitation over punishment
Stem Cell Research: Support with private funding
Death Penalty: Keep
Gun control: Pro 2nd amendment, background checks on immigrants and people with records
Affirmative Action: Abolish
Prostitution: Don't decriminalize, but incentivize rehabilitation instead of punishment
Euthanasia: Keep it illegal

Economic Issues:

Minimum Wage: Raise federally to $10.50/hour with exceptions for small business/restaurants, $7.25 is not livable anymore
Welfare: Cut funding
Right-to-Work: Support
Taxation: Cut taxes for all Americans, regardless of income, no taxes for under $30k/year
Healthcare: Privatize
Social Security: Privatize
Trade: Indifferent on free trade          
Education: No national standards, let states decide, end common core, more funding, background checks for teachers
Balanced Budget Amendment: Indifferent, don't know what it entails

Foreign Policy and National Security:

Afghanistan: Leave
Iraq: Leave
Iran: Stay
Syria: Leave
Cuba: Keep sanctions for now, but encourage diplomacy
Military Spending: A few cutbacks, but not much
PATRIOT Act: Abolish
NSA Spying: Abolish
Palestine: Do not recognize
Israel: Support and please fund
Immigration: Harsher background checks, more difficult process
Guantanamo Bay: Keep it open

Environment:

Climate Change: Stop overrating about it, blame China if anything
Green Energy: Indifferent
Keystone XL Pipeline: Build it

Electoral Reform:

Electoral College: Keep current system
Gerrymandering: End the practice
Term limits: Yes
Voter ID: Yes
Compulsory Voting: No
Voter Registration: Yes
Statehood: Allow referendum for Puerto Rico
thr33_
BG-NY
Atlas Politician

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: 1.32

« Reply #1408 on: July 13, 2019, 06:49:17 pm »

Social Policy:

Abortion: 12 week ban. Exception for the health of the mother.
Same Sex Marriage: Fine with this, as well as adoption.
Marijuana: Legalize medicinal use only, but decriminalize.
Stem Cell Research: Support, private and heavily regulated.
Death Penalty: Support for murderers, pedophiles, terrorists, foreign spies.
Gun control: Support with no limitations.
Affirmative Action: Replace race-based affirmative action with a socioeconomic alternative.
Prostitution: Keep it illegal.
Euthanasia: Keep it illegal.

Economic Issues:

Minimum Wage: Raise to $15 an hour nationally with a hybrid wage subsidies system.
Welfare: Do not offer welfare to immigrants or non-citizens. Support workfare and drug testing.
Right-to-Work: Support. I think unions are particularly corrupt, but am sympathetic to members (particularly in trades, though oppose service unions). Would rather a pro worker department of labor.
Taxation: Support working and middle class tax cuts. Tax capital gains as ordinary income. Progressive bracketing increasing taxes on upper middle class and wealthy. Low corporate taxes, ban buybacks, create repatriation holiday. Implement BAT and tax remittances.
Healthcare: Lower medicare age to 55. Subsidize high risk pools. Regulate drug pricing.
Social Security: Do not privatize.
Trade: Oppose free trade. Support permanent tariffs. Do not enter/withdraw from multilateral trade agreements. Subsidize agriculture/energy/manufacturing sectors.       
Education: Eliminate pre-high school "social studies" classes and foreign language education. Start computer science education earlier, more STEM class time, and create more math/science competitions. Free trade school and free college for all kids in households <150k.
Balanced Budget Amendment: Support in theory, but not a priority of mine.

Foreign Policy and National Security:

Afghanistan: Leave fully and immediately.
Iraq: Leave fully and immediately.
Iran: Open talks without preconditions.
Syria: Leave fully and immediately.
Somalia: Leave fully and immediately.
Cuba: Open talks without preconditions.
North Korea: Open talks without preconditions.
Russia: Open talks without preconditions.
China: Full trade war and permanent tariffs. Oppose TPP.
NATO: Come up with a 10-year exit plan.
Military Spending: Increase funding, rebuild navy, turn military into more of a research and exploration organization (prioritize mapping the ocean floors). Completely eliminate foreign aid.
PATRIOT Act: Only allow gathering spying non-citizens.
NSA Spying: Eliminate the NSA.
Palestine: Do not recognize.
Israel: No policy positions. I don't support US military action for Israeli or Saudi interests.
Immigration: Zero net migration, eliminate birthright citizenship, mandatory e-verify, end DACA, end H-1B deport aliens. Do not accept any refugees.
Guantanamo Bay: Keep it open, send felon illegals there.

Environment:

Climate Change: Real, but overstated. Oppose environmental legislation.
Green Energy: Solutions should not cut any jobs or displace any workers.
Keystone XL Pipeline: Build this and more. Energy independence improves national security.

Electoral Reform:

Electoral College: Support. More states with 4-5 EVs should go the ME/NE route.
Gerrymandering: Leave up to states.
Term limits: Support, particularly for the House.
Voter ID: Make it free and mandatory.
Compulsory Voting: No, but all states should have "none of the above" on the ballot so it can be tracked.
Voter Registration: Yes. Semi-closed primaries for all states (independents can vote in either primary).
Statehood: Puerto Rico should not be a state. Neither should Alaska or Hawaii. Puts us in a tough position if US properties outside of the contiguous mainland is attacked.
Demon King Piccolo
Rookie

« Reply #1409 on: July 16, 2019, 05:22:46 pm »

Political views

Political party: Independent (I was on

I'm a man of the people. Not left not right but for common sense. I support the populace and all people. So you could say I'm an independent populist nationalist.

Social issues

Abortion:Pro-choice
Gay Marriage:Support
Death Penalty:Support
Drug Legalization:Support Marijuana legalization not hard drugs
Affirmative Action:Oppose
Slavery Reparations:STRONGLY Oppose
Gun Control:Oppose
Euthanasia:STRONGLY Support

Economic issues

Carbon Taxes: Oppose
More environmental regulation: Depends
right-to-work:OPPOSE
Minimum wage: Status Quo
Immigration:Decrease legal immigration, NO amnesty
Education:FREE CC + reduce loans
Healthcare:Free medical coverage for all, but allow for PRIVATE insurance. Some kind of PUBLIC Option
Welfare:I support welfare but for a limited period.

Foreign Policy: complete non-interventionist/neo-isolationist. I oppose/opposed all foreign conflicts Iraq, Libya, Syria, etc and oppose all current conflicts. Russiagate is a scam and a lie. we should make peace with Iran. get the hell out of the middle east, no more intervention in favor of Israel, etc. peace with North Korea. Really as non-interventionist / dovish as you can get.

However, I still believe we should have the biggest military in the world. But we should only use it if we are attacked or for self-defense. Military budget should however be reduced, and foreign aid should be SLASHED hard.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies