Summary of political beliefs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:46:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 63
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 557610 times)
specific_name
generic_name
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2009, 02:47:35 AM »

I'll update mine because I'm following Earth around now apparently.  I introduced him to the atlas (sorry guise) and now I feel the need to return the favor...or something else nonsensical.

Abortion: Support fully
Separation of church and state: Support fully
Education: I'm fine with state education. Do not support state post-2ndary education.
Environmental Issues: Pro-regulation, within reasonable limits.
Affirmative action: Strongly against, it's racism
Gun control: Strongly opposed and armed.
Death penalty: Support, with strong dna proof as a necessity for the sentence to be carried out. Support for 1st degree murder and extension to forcible rape in similar cases.
Flag burning: I don't care.
Euthanasia: Strongly support. The individual ought to exercise power over their own life.
Prostitution: Support, tax.
Immigration: Against illegal immigration. The states need the ability to deport more easier, especially repeat criminals. No illegal should be living off a single tax dollar. Come here legally or get out.
Gay Rights: No special rights.
Drugs and Alcohol: Full legalization and taxation. States should have power to enforce ordinances without fraternization of federal govt.
Censorship: No
Gambling: Legal and regulated.
Language: status quo
Health care: no state health care
Embryonic Stem Cell Research: support some state funding
Warrantless Wiretapping: oppose
Unions: support

Economic Issues

Taxes: lower whenever possible
Trade: low regulations. anti-protectionist.
Welfare: unless truly disabled, you should be working.
Regulations: few
Space Program: private or not at all
Energy Policy: shotgun: nuclear, fossil fuel, alt energy, anything else. break dependency on Saudi's and others.

Foreign Policy

War: rarely if ever support, if only to maintain status quo
United Nations: oppose
Israel: Palestine
Foreign aid: none unless it is in direct interest of US
Iraq: get out
Iran: don't bother
North Korea: ""
China: personally I'd like to see China circle down the toilet, but there's nothing we can do about that for now
Russia: just play along for now
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2009, 06:33:05 AM »

^ I like you. We need more Republicans like you.

Totally agreed. NiK is a great poster.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2009, 05:08:30 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2009, 05:16:03 PM by NiK »

Civil Liberties:

Constitutional Ban on Flag Desecration: Do not support. If someone wants to burn the American flag, who is the US government to stop them?

Assault Weapons Ban: Neutral, I believe that someone should be able to own a firearm, but it should be regulated using background checks.

Legalization of Drugs: Support, tax and regulate narcotic trafficking. End the war on drugs, but discourage students from using drugs.

Mandatory Pledge of Allegiance: Support, for cultural reasons. I think all students from K-12 should learn and recite the Pledge of Allegiance once a day in class. If a parent does not want this for their child, they may request not to have their child participate.

Warrantless Wiretapping: An attack on our freedom and liberty. I oppose wholeheartedly.

Legalized Abortion: Support a woman's right to choose, It's between a woman and her doctor.

Courts and Legal Systems:

Capital Punishment: Do not support. "An eye for an eye" was an evil code. Plus it cost more to have them dead then alive, so incarceration is better.

Expanding the Prosecutable List of Hate Crimes: Why not? As long as a hate crime isn't defined as speaking out against some one, (i.e. Mormons vs. Gays) i'm fine with expanding coverage.

Domestic Policy:

Citizenship for illegal immigrants and the border fence: I do not to adovcate sending them back for risking their life to come here in search of opportunity. That would be cruel. I support ccitizenship. I'd encourage a one-language policy, by teaching immigrants and illegal immigrants how to speak English. I do however, support the border fence, because I think that we need it for protection against terrorism, the drug cartels and population stability.

Outsourcing and Manufacturing: Depends, I am not very clear on the issue. I support businesses that want to grow and thrive with free trade, but I want to protect American workers. I want the USA to start manufacturing more, I'm sick of seeing "Made in China."

Affirmative Action: State-sponsored Racism. Oppose.

Cloning: No. Just No. "You don't mess with mother nature." -70s Era Birth Control Ad.

Prostitution: Leave it up to the states, if legalized, tax it.

Seperation of Church and State: Strongly support.

Assisted Suicide: Oppose

Gay Marriage: I support civil unions, but not Gay Marriage. I grew up around a family with gay friends, and they are great people.

Gambling legalization: Support, and heavily tax this business. If people want to throw away their money, who are we to stop them?

Economic Policy:

Free Trade: Support in most cases, especially with our allies. It's good for commerce and trade. However I do oppose it in some cases, and I do not think we should rush into Neoliberal heaven and a global state. It will happen when it happens.

Minimum Wage: Depends on the economic situation.

Government Spending and the Deficit: After the War in Afghanistan is over, cut military spending by 5%-10%, and focus more on new sciences and infrastructure. I'd recommend a project that is a completed bullet train running all across the country. Cut spending in other departments, as well. Pay back China, although I don't think we will ever be able to pay them back completely as I believe they will collapse and decentralize.

Taxes: I support lower taxes.

Social Security Reform: Privatize.

Space Program: I support President Bush's plan to land on Mars in the 2030s, and although President Obama will scale back the return to the Moon five years, I do not mind much.

Environment: Support Green technology and getting the USA off foreign oil.

Foreign Policy:

Iran: Sanctions, due whatever it takes to stop them from getting nuclear weapons. If they attack Israel, attack Iran. If Israel attacks first, let the Israelis deal with it and don't get involved. A theocracy with nuclear weapons: not safe.

Israel/Palestine: Support two-state solution.

North Korea: Strike a deal to allow them to keep their nuclear weapons, as long as they do not start lobbing it over South Korea and the Japan. Avoid antagonizing them. Eventually it will unite with South Korea, and the communist state will collapse.

United Nations: An awful organization, needs reforms, but do not leave.

Amotue
Canada

« Reply #303 on: September 20, 2009, 05:01:13 PM »

Ok here we go, all answers are for Canada

Drugs:

Pot made legal.  But on thes condishons 1: Special Tax, make that alown prophitable for Ottawa.  2: You need a licance to grow (or selling) it, that involves a test (witch you pay for) and a $300 fee.  3:  If you are cought selling or growing with out a licance thats a $1,000 fee and possible jail time.  Everything else illegal, but detox centers funded by the government should be set up.

Prostitution:

Make it leage, make it clean.  That fixes alot of things alown.  Keep the govenrment involved to make sure there is NO abuse at all.

Abortion:

Personly I dont like it.  BUT I am pro choce.  People have the rights to decied what to do with thier own bodies and such.

Gay Marriage:

Its legal... it should be legal.  If two people love one another why not let them marry?

Currency:

Money is pretty much out dated with the creation of Debit Cards.  Some money (paper and coins) should always be kept in cerculation but have most but onto cards.  Its simpler that way.

Central Banks:

A Central Bank works as a good anchor for other banks.  But I dont like the idea of just having one bank.

Welfare:

Really!  Welfare should exist but be more like Unemployment Insurance.  IF you can work you should be lookng for work.  If you can and your not looking for work you dont get help.  If you cant work then the government helps all they can.  I hate people that are lazy and just mooch and get thier way in life payed for free and they just sit back and drink all day and night never lifting a ing finger.  (sorry....)

Taxation:

Simply, the more you make the more you pay.

NATO:

Pull out.  Small alliances would be better.

UN:

Is now completely useless.  We need to reform it or just go back to nations deailg with one another normally.

NAFTA:

Second we have the chance to leave do so.  Free trade is hurting us.  America gives us a hard time about our soft wood lumber... sell it to China and India who want it.

The British Commonwealth & La Francophonie:

A statement to Canadian history and heritage.  Good system of friends and allies.  Build off of that (for now) for a stronger Canada.

Native Policy:

All extra rights removed.  Make them the same as the rest of Canada.  Its raciest to treat people differently do to their heritage or race, NOT racism is treating every one same.

Government:

Democracy is good.  But I still like a more centrally biased and organized government.

Education:

Have a stronger stance on Canadian History.  And you can not graduate without speaking both English and French.  You cant get payed more then 8.50 unless you pass gr. 12.  gr. 13 should be a year of boot camp.  So people will know how to defend themselves, and help create a more unified nation.

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #304 on: September 21, 2009, 08:01:44 PM »

Social and Institutional Issues

Ideology: Social liberal or soft social libertarian

Abortion: I'm obviously pro-choice, but it's a decision to be made by a woman and only by her. The government has no business telling her what she has to do with her body and so forth. However, I support a kind of 'education' campaign saying that abortion is a tough decision to make, and that it isn't a everyday normal thing to do for fun.
Death Penalty: I support it for the most heinous crimes such as high treason in wartime, recidivist rapists and serial murderers.
School prayer: Strongly oppose. The public school is a secular institution.
Separation of church and state: Strongly, strongly, very strongly support. Religion has no role in the state, and vice-versa. The state has no business funding private religious schools.
Embryonic Stem-Cell Research: Strongly support
Gay Marriage: I support gay marriage. People who love each other, regardless of their sex, have the right to get married.
Euthanasia: Strongly support if patient is of sound mind.
Prostitution: I support legalization, if only because it would be easier for prostitutes to find and seek help if needed.
Gun Control: I support tougher gun control to prevent former criminals and the like from getting access guns. I oppose a gun registry due to exorbitant costs attached to such a program.
Drug War & Marijuana: Legalize medical marijuana and other soft drugs that can be used for medical purposes. That's it.
Institutional Reform (France and/or Canada)Sad I support further de-centralization in France, as well as the direct election of Senators and the introduction of MMP for elections to the National Assembly. Reform electoral systems for local, regional and European elections. In Canada, I support either an elected Senate or abolishing it pure and simple. I support MMP or PR in elections to the House.

Economic and Domestic Policies

Ideology: Centrist

Illegal Immigration: I support a path to citizenship, or regularization of status, if said immigrant has learned English, found a job, and has no past criminal record (murders, robberies and the like) in his country.
Welfare: I support welfare, but people should be encouraged to actively search for jobs and welfare should be reformed to be made more efficient.
Education: I strongly support public education.
Taxes: The state should lower taxes on the lower classes when it can afford it.
Minimum Wage: I support increasing it and providing a tax credit for small businesses who find it economically tough to cope with a high minimum wage.
Energy Independence and the Environment: I oppose the use of ethanol fuel, but I support extensive research immediately in renewable energies. Kyoto has proven generally useless, but I favour global concerted efforts against global warming, which is a major problem and must be addressed seriously. I favour expanding public transit.
Healthcare: I strongly support universal health-care.
Unions: They may serve a purpose, but their powers need to be curtailed and their internal structures need democratization and de-centralization.
Trade: I support free and fair trade with nations that respect solid labour rights and environmental legislation.
Regulations: I support regulations on financial institutions to prevent abuse as we have seen in this era.
Affirmative Action: I opposed race-based AA, though I might support it if based more on incomes.
(35-hour workweek: The length of the workweek is the decision of each business. I support repealing the law.)

Foreign Policy

Ideology: Centrist

Iraq: I support the phased withdrawal of American troops, once and for all.
Afghanistan: I support Canada's commitment to Afghanistan until 2011, but would favour a phase-out of troops by mid-2010. As attractive as pulling out might look to some, it would throw the whole region down the sh**tter and you would encourage massive geopolitical problems in the region.
United Nations: I support the UN as an institution, but I disagree with the current structure and I favour a major overhaul.
Iran: I support imposing sanctions on Iran.
North Korea: I support the current sanctions. Welcome refugees.

Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #305 on: September 21, 2009, 08:12:35 PM »

Centrist isn't a viable option for foreign policy, hash
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #306 on: September 21, 2009, 08:15:10 PM »

Excellent views on some things, hash. Why did I always consider you a leftist?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #307 on: September 21, 2009, 08:15:35 PM »

Then find a word to describe somebody who isn't an isolationist nor an interventionist.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #308 on: September 21, 2009, 08:22:21 PM »

Social and Institutional Issues

Ideology: Social liberal or soft social libertarian

Abortion: I'm obviously pro-choice, but it's a decision to be made by a woman and only by her. The government has no business telling her what she has to do with her body and so forth. However, I support a kind of 'education' campaign saying that abortion is a tough decision to make, and that it isn't a everyday normal thing to do for fun.
Death Penalty: I support it for the most heinous crimes such as high treason in wartime, recidivist rapists and serial murderers.
School prayer: Strongly oppose. The public school is a secular institution.
Separation of church and state: Strongly, strongly, very strongly support. Religion has no role in the state, and vice-versa. The state has no business funding private religious schools.
Embryonic Stem-Cell Research: Strongly support
Gay Marriage: I support gay marriage. People who love each other, regardless of their sex, have the right to get married.
Euthanasia: Strongly support if patient is of sound mind.
Prostitution: I support legalization, if only because it would be easier for prostitutes to find and seek help if needed.
Gun Control: I support tougher gun control to prevent former criminals and the like from getting access guns. I oppose a gun registry due to exorbitant costs attached to such a program.
Drug War & Marijuana: Legalize medical marijuana and other soft drugs that can be used for medical purposes. That's it.
Institutional Reform (France and/or Canada)Sad I support further de-centralization in France, as well as the direct election of Senators and the introduction of MMP for elections to the National Assembly. Reform electoral systems for local, regional and European elections. In Canada, I support either an elected Senate or abolishing it pure and simple. I support MMP or PR in elections to the House.

Based on these positions I am surprised that your social political matrix score is not any lower than it is.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #309 on: September 21, 2009, 08:22:49 PM »

Better descriptions for your foreign policy would be liberal pragmatist or soft interventionist or non-perfectionist
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #310 on: September 22, 2009, 06:56:10 PM »

Then find a word to describe somebody who isn't an isolationist nor an interventionist.

Internationalist?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #311 on: September 22, 2009, 07:24:31 PM »

Internationalist?

Perhaps Sepratistism? Do you support an active role in foriegn affairs, but no military alliances?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #312 on: September 22, 2009, 07:25:05 PM »

It's called non-perfectionist
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #313 on: September 22, 2009, 09:21:54 PM »

I've changed some of my views in the past few months, especially with my ongoing conversion to Catholicism.

Social Issues

General philosophy: Moderate

Abortion: Oppose after first few weeks, except when the mother's life is threatened. However, banning abortion must not be our top priority. Increase funding and availability of contraception, though not abortifacients. Increase access to adoption and maternal leave.
Separation of church and state: Very important for both parties.
Gay Marriage: Absolutely support, though I would prefer if the government wasn't shouldn't be in the marriage business in the first place. Leave marriage up to the churches. Let the government issue civil unions to everyone who wants one.
Affirmative Action: Oppose. Race should not be a factor in anything. Strongly oppose quotas.
Age of Consent: Oppose for sex. I support bracket laws of two years if under 18.
Gun rights: Generally support. Background checks are ok. Violent felons and mentally diminished people should not have guns. No ban on assault weapons.
Death Penalty: Strongly oppose, unless there is no way to keep the prisoner from continuing the kill.
Censorship: Strongly oppose in all cases.
Flag burning: Support. A ban would be an encroachment on the first amendment.
Smoking: Keep legal, but keep out of public places except those specifically made for such.
Alcohol consumption: Keep legal, but keep out of public places except those specifically made for such.
Euthanasia: Support. The only person who should decide when it is their time to die is themself. Assisted suicide should be legal, but only allowed in situations when the condition is such that pain drugs are completely ineffective.
Drugs: Legalize, tax, regulate, keep out of public places except those specifically made for such.
Gambling: Support. If you want to lose your money, that is your problem.
Prostitution: Support. Legalize, tax, regulate, keep out of public places except those specifically made for such.
Embryonic Stem Cell Research: Support. Especially only for those embryos that would otherwise be discarded.
Immigration: Support. Anyone who wants to come to America should be able to. Make the process easier.
Illegal Immigration: Provide a path to citizenship for those already here. Enforce current border laws better.

Economic Issues

General Philosophy: Moderate on trade, fiscally leftist

Taxes: Support progressive taxation. By living in this country, you implicitly agree to pay to keep this country running. If you don't like it, leave.
Employers and Employees: No protection for those who strike. If you go on strike, you do so at your own risk.
Free trade: Generally support.
Spending: Support, but with much more emphasis on transparency, accountability, efficiency, and routing out wasteful spending. No long term debt.
Social Security: Remove the cap. Allow those who want to risk it to move their ss to the stock market. No safety net for those who do.
Space Program: Strongly support. If we had the money, I'd say build a space elevator and terraform Mars. Maybe Venus and the Moon too. Alas. Sad
Welfare: Do not fund those who can work but choose not to. Limit to two years. Focus on getting them back to work.
Healthcare: Strongly support some sort of universal system a public option. Regulate insurance companies heavily. Insurance companies are BS.
Education: Increase funding for public school system, which should be our first focus. Allow limited vouchers. Put stronger regulations on homeschooling.
Minimum Wage: Support and raise.
Regulation: I support environmental, health, and worker regulations. We also must have some sort of oversight of banks and the stock market, but not control of.
Infrastructure: Support increased spending, but also increase efficiency and reduce waste.
Energy Policy: Move to alternative energy as soon as possible, including nuclear. However, the emphasis should be on wind, solar, hydro, tidal, geothermal, convection, and others. Also focus on fuel cell vehicles. No off-shore drilling.
Environment: We must protect the environment. Without it, we could not live. Support conservation efforts.

Foreign Issues

General Philosophy: Internationalist/Pacifist

Democracy and Trade: Trade is good.
United Nations: Support.
Iraq: Oppose. Get out as soon as possible.
Israel: Neutral.
Patriot Act: Strongly oppose. Repeal now.
Torture: Oppose.
Military Involvement: None unless directly attacked. Slash military spending. For humanitarian crises, work through the UN.
North American Union: Support if like EU. Countries should one day cease to exist. They are artificial boundaries that have come to separate more than just land. We are one species, and one day we must come together as one if we are to survive.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #314 on: September 26, 2009, 03:10:40 PM »

National Issues

I believe that the federal government should be smaller, and in-line with the Constitution.  Important social issues such as abortion and same-sex marriage should be left to the states, as should other things like education.  We should bring the quarter-million troops stationed overseas home, reduce the defense budget, protect our borders, and most of all, stop being the police of the world.

In addition, the president's power should be reduced.  He (or she) should no longer have unilateral power, and the status of a national preacher and messiah.  The 17th and 22nd Amendments should be repealed, also.

Social Issues

Abortion
I am pro-choice, but I oppose partial-birth abortion.

Same-Sex Marriage
Support, but I would like it if all marriages, gay and straight, were legally "civil unions."

Affirmative Action
Oppose.

Prostitution
Make it safe and legal through regulation by the state.

Drugs
Make marijuana legal, but keep all hard drugs blacklisted.  Focus on treatment and rehabilitation of drug addicted criminals.

Gang Violence
Gangs are pretty much terrorist organizations.  They commit brutal acts of violence and make innocent people afraid to come out of their homes.  Scale up the fight against gangs.  Make it safe for people in Compton and South-Central to go outside at night.

Education
Teach sex-ed and abstinence.  Let the teenagers make their choice about what path they'd prefer.  More elective classes and flexibility with college entry requirements.  Teach in more depth about American government.

English
No official language, but public schools should do their best to teach proficiency in the language.

Economics

Taxes
At the federal level, replace the income tax with the "FairTax."  At the state level, I support progressive taxation.

Spending
The federal government should stop sending our money overseas.  We should use our money for things that benefit us.

Health Care
Unsure.  I support the idea of health care, but I think there needs to be a solution that can respect the rights of states, and bridge the gap between left and right.

Environment
The environment should be protected.

Energy
We need to cure our addiction to foreign oil.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #315 on: September 26, 2009, 03:41:06 PM »

Ok, my final final final summary.

Constitutional

Constitution - Create a constitution based partially on the 1689 Bill of Rights. Also include other important elements of modern democracy in it. Lower voting age to 16 or 17.

Monarchy - Abolish them, they set a bad example to the rest of us.

Devolution - Continue to devolve powers to Scotland, NI and Wales. Set up Parliament in Northern Ireland and allow all three more power in local rights. Set up an English Parliament too.

House of Lords - Abolish and replace with a House of Merits, made up of intellectuals approved by referendum. This would help reinforce Britain as a meritocracy

Separation of Powers - Give the British Supreme Court more power, once it is formed. Create the post of President and give some executive powers to it, while giving other important powers, such as the declaration of war, to the Commons.

Elections - Set fixed term elections - every 3 years for parliamentary and every 5 years for President, who will also have the power to appoint a Prime Minister from the largest party in Parliament, which approval from Parliament. Look further into either introducing proportional representation, or reforming First Past the Post. Bring back university seats.

Referenda - To be used for proposed constitutional amendments.

Secularism - Disestablish the Churches of England and Scotland, like we should have done 100 years ago.

Economic

Central Banking - Strip the Bank of England's monopoly on note of issue and allow private banks to issue money, as long as it is backed by gold. Allow the Bank of England to keep a reserve of gold. Also, let each private bank set it's own rate of interest. Encourage full-reserve banking

Currency - Back with gold. Look into the use of e-gold as well.

Taxation - Abolish all climate change levies and death duty. Reduce petrol duty while increasing duty on alcohol and cigarettes. Introduce duties on cannabis, coffee, salt. Slash income tax to 10 pence in the pound and gradually reduce it with the aim of eventually abolishing it. Reduce purchase tax to 10%.

Regulation - Abolish the CDS market, it's a major threat to capitalism. Regulate derivatives somewhat more carefully. Legalise insider trading and relax anti-trust law.

Private and public sector - Privatise the post office and Social Security. Possibly privatise the NHS.

National Debt - Work to reduce.

Social

Crime - Abolish all victimless crimes (including incest), along with the age of consent and the ages on smoking and alcohol consumption. Bring back the death penalty for murderers.

Education - Start comittee to look into how to reform the exam system. Raise school starting age to 6 and keep school leaving age at 16.

Gun Rights - Give everyone over 18 an assault rifle on request.

Abortion - Keep late term limit at around 6 months.

Gay rights - Legalise gay marriage, or preferably, stop the state defining marriage altogether.

Environment - Quit Kyoto Protocol. Push for use of solar and nuclear power over wind power.

Welfare - Privatise, with the exception of special allowances for the genuinely disabled.

Immigration - Restrict further. We really need to stop the country getting overpopulated.

Minimum wage - Abolish.

Political correctness - Scrap. Freedom of speech is more important.

Prostitution - Legalise completely.

Working day - Set limit at 10 hours a day.

Euthanasia - Legalise voluntary euthanasia. As for involuntary or non-voluntary, it amounts to murder.

Foreign

Foreign policy - Quit NATO, the EU and the WTO. Propose a customs union with Ireland. Stay out of other country's affairs generally, but offer mediation in conflicts such as in Israel.

Nuclear policy - Keep a strong nuclear deterrent.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #316 on: September 27, 2009, 12:50:10 PM »

How would you do this?
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #317 on: September 27, 2009, 03:11:11 PM »

Create new seats the way they were before abolition. And then hold elections for them.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #318 on: September 27, 2009, 05:48:54 PM »

Create new seats the way they were before abolition. And then hold elections for them.

Which universities would have seats?
WillK

« Reply #319 on: September 30, 2009, 08:43:59 PM »

National Issues
Taxes
At the federal level, replace the income tax with the "FairTax."  At the state level, I support progressive taxation.

what is "the 'Fair Tax'"?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #320 on: September 30, 2009, 08:44:37 PM »

National Issues
Taxes

a flat income tax rate
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

« Reply #321 on: October 01, 2009, 09:46:06 AM »

National Issues
Taxes

a flat income tax rate

Hardly what I'd call fair if you ask my opinion.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #322 on: October 01, 2009, 01:44:31 PM »

National Issues
Taxes

a flat income tax rate

Why?
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -2.43

« Reply #323 on: October 01, 2009, 02:14:29 PM »

I will just list some of my beliefs.

Universal Health care: SUPPORT!
Gay marriage: Oppose
NAFTA: Oppose
Immigration reform: Support
Union rights: Support
Taxes: Lower
Social Security: Support
Stimulus/BAILOUTS: sUPPORT
Abortion: Strongly oppose
Affirmative action: oppose
Expanding public universities: Support!
War in Iraq: oppose
Drug legalization: HELL NO
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

« Reply #324 on: October 01, 2009, 02:22:17 PM »

National Issues
Taxes

a flat income tax rate

Why?

Well for one thing it'd for all intents and purposes function no differently to regressive taxation, when you think about it closely enough, those in the higher wealth groups might as well be charged a lower rate than those who earn less.  Personally I favour progressive taxation.

Anyway, that's my opinion in a nutshell.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 63  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies