Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2019, 10:05:41 pm
News: 2019 Gubernatorial Predictions are now active

Atlas Forum
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderators: NYGurl, Torie, Associate Justice PiT)
  Summary of political beliefs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 57 Print
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 388371 times)
Intell
YaBB God
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: August 22, 2015, 01:34:20 am »

Economic Issues

Taxation: I strongly support a very progressive tax rate with 90%+ for those making more than $ 1 000 000, and making sure the tax rate, does not go above 15% for those earning less than $ 100 000. I also support having no tax rates on those earning less than $ 25 000, except public good tax rates. We should increase tax rates on corporations, while reducing tax rates on starting and small business. End corporate tax loopholes, and favors is a given.

Education:
Make education nationalized, while allowing private and charter schools. Allow fee, education from childcare- to university and mandatory K-12 education taken care by the government. However talented students and students in failing schools should get vouchers to go to private or charter schools, giving them the opportunity to pursue a better education.

Environment:
I am an environmentalist, and I support laws protecting the environment, always against corporations exploiting the environment, carbon emission laws and I support the Carbon tax. We are stewards of the world, we are one with nature and we have a responsibility to protect and preserve the environment for future generations.

However, this does not mean I am fully opposed to using the environment for human needs, we need to control the environment and use as little as we need, as future generations will need to use the environment, just like us and it is our responsibility to sustain the environment for future generations and for our children.

Social Security: Social Security is an essential aspect of society, and it provides people with people to live their life with dignity. Social security should be protected at all costs, there should be opposition of privatization of social security at all costs and social security should be expanded to more working and middle class families, and should be given to more than those in poverty and the elderly, this along with the welfare state should be expanded in society.

Unions: Unions are essential to the employee and the worker, in the fact that they provide service to the worker in getting a good working conditions, a proper wage and the fact that they keep the employer in check. However, I do not believe that everyone should be forced into joining a union, I still recognize all good things they do to society, while acknowledging there are some unions, that have become monopolistic, and profit-driven, that do not protect and help the worker but instead help their personal money motive and gain.

Health Care: Full Universal Single-Payer Health Care is needed in needed any civilized, modern society as an universal right.

Energy:
We should nationalize the energy sector, and get the profits of energy consumption back to the people. We should strive for the use of green industry as the future, and provide aid to green energy to peruse solar, wind etc. energy sources to use in the future. However currently, Oil, Gas, Coal etc. are the most reliable choice and we should use them as a means to provide electricity and energy until Green sources  of energy can be used.
Classic Conservative
YaBB God
« Reply #1151 on: August 26, 2015, 07:26:48 pm »
« Edited: August 26, 2015, 07:42:23 pm by Classic Conservative »

Social Policy:
Abortion: Pro Life in all cases except endangerment of mothers life and underage children ie: younger than 16
Gay Marriage: Gays and Lesbians should have the chance to marry, but government officials don't need to marry gays and religious liberty overules your right to marry.
Drugs: Against
Stem Cell Research: Undecided
Death Penalty: Support
Gun control: Do not support at all, the 2nd Admendment states the specifically "The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"
Affirmative Action: Get rid of it immediately racist against whites and others
Prayer in School: Allow all students to pray and have mandatory school prayers every morning

Economic Issues:
Minimum Wage: Let the states decide not the Feds
Right-to-Work: In all 50 states and then get rid of unions
Taxation: Lower all teases flat tax of 13.5%
Healthcare: Free Markets
Social Security: Expand it
Education: School Choice Programs in all 50 states support also homeschooling, private and religious schools
Balanced Budget Amendment: Support
Personhood Admendment: Support
Term Limits Admendment: Support
Gold Standard: Bring it back

Foreign Policy and National Security
Iran: Take the current deal of the region, get the hostages back and then increase sanctions and get rid of the current government
Iraq/Syria: We have the obligation to the people of Iraq ever since The Iraq War
Military Spending: Increase
PATRIOT Act: No
NSA Spying: Unconstitutional get rid of it
Israel/Palestine: Only recognize Israel don't recognize Palestine give Israel, their land back allow settlements
Immigration: Deport every illegal alien in the country let legal immigration prosper though

Environment
Climate Change: Not Real
Green Energy: Support
Keystone XL Pipeline: Build it Now

Electoral Reform
Electoral College: Undecided
Gerrymandering: Don't Really Care
Presidential term: Only 2 Terms
Public Financing: No
Term limits: Yes see above
Voter ID: Support  if said id's are free and easily available
Voting: See Massachusetts
UN- Withdraw get rid of Agenda 21
DOE- Get rid of
EPA- Get rid of
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1152 on: August 26, 2015, 08:30:02 pm »

It's been a few years since I've made one of these, so here goes:

Social Policy:
Abortion: Ban abortion, with only an exception when necessary to save the life of the mother (using the the word 'abortion' to mean in this case removing portions of the Fillopian tube containing an ectopic pregnancy).
Gay Marriage: Personally oppose, but accept that the law is settled. Oppose any efforts to require private citizens to participate in gay wedding ceremonies.
Drugs: Against legalization. We ought to focus on rehabilitation rather than punishment, but still against legalizing.
Stem Cell Research: For stem cell research unless it uses embryonic stem cells, which is less and less common as we've made significant improvements with induced pluripotency in recent years.
Death Penalty: Oppose except for the exceedingly rare scenario where it is necessary to protect the public.
Gun control: Generally oppose in that I believe every adult without a criminal record and with a clean bill of mental health should be permitted to own one. I support property owners' rights to forbid people from bringing guns on their property. Support background checks if done reasonably. Oppose AWB.
Affirmative Action: Oppose but think it's a low priority. I grow weary of whites complaining about it, but do still think the job ought to go to the most qualified individual.
Prayer in School: I certainly support optional prayer and/or a moment of silence. Teacher-led prayer in public schools is a bridge too far and problematic in a ton of ways.

Economic Issues:
Minimum Wage: A system like the current one is the right setup: a federal minimum and states being permitted to set their own. Somewhere in the vicinity of $10/hr is about the right figure in most places. Understandably, loaded areas may set higher.
Right-to-Work: I'm torn on it. On one hand, I don't like the unions being able to require dues for all employees if the employee does not believe the union represents their interests. On the other hand, if the union bargains collectively, non-paying employees would be free-riders, which also isn't fair.
Taxation: Support progressive income taxation. I think the curve should be a continuous logistical function rather than brackets now that calculators have been invented. Would work to eliminate the sales tax.
Healthcare: Support the general idea of exchanges, not so thrilled with the individual mandate, and oppose the contraceptive mandate. Not sure what else can be done to reduce the cost without sacrificing quality, perhaps incentivizing medical schools to increase their acceptance rates?
Social Security: Raise the retirement age. Would support adding a privatized option in parallel, though the public portion may need to be subsidized from the privatized part.
Education: Oppose common core if federal money is attached, otherwise support it. I think testing needs to be rewritten to be sensible and actually challenging, particularly in math and science. I think we've dumbed things down too much be focusing so heavily on the percentage who pass and fail. Support voucher programs for impoverished areas.
Balanced Budget Amendment: Nominally support, but it's probably a pipe dream.
Personhood Admendment: Support (more than nominally Tongue), but also probably a pipe dream.
Term Limits Admendment: Oppose. I really don't think term limits accomplish much of anything, except for executive office since that is just too powerful.
Gold Standard: Oppose. The gold market is even more screwed up than currency if that's even possible. Support independent centralized banking. Oppose congressional audits and scrutiny. The last thing we need is Congress trying to run the Fed.

Iran: All options are bad. Would try to put tough sanctions to stop them from gaining nuclear weapons, which probably won't work, so we are again left with bad options.
Iraq/Syria: Again, all options are bad. There's just no one left for us to arm in this one.
PATRIOT Act: Support but only in the strictest possible interpretation. Oppose warrantless data collection.
NSA Spying: Oppose if done without warrants.
Israel/Palestine: "Support" Israel (whatever that means), but does not mean agreeing and backing up Israel's every decision. Israel needs to either recognize the legitimacy of a Palestinian state or make the Palestinians Israeli citizens.
Immigration: Secure the border and begin a worker program for those already here illegally and who haven't committed any other crimes. After the mass normalization of those already here begin actually enforcing immigration law.

Environment
Climate Change: Incentivize nuclear power and alternative energy research. Allow research on nuclear waste reprocessing. Incentivize wind.
Green Energy: See above.
Keystone XL Pipeline: Grant approval, if anyone still wants it with fuel prices where they are now.

Electoral Reform
Electoral College: Leave alone.
Gerrymandering: Commissions are probably the answer, but require supermajorities to prevent rogue commissioners. Try to figure out what the heck the VRA actually requires and what it doesn't.
Presidential term: Keep as is.
Public Financing: Don't waste the money. With elections as they are it is irrelevant.
Voter ID: Push for a national non-required voter ID. Let states then decide their regulations.
UN: Continue as a member, but do not surrender actual power to the organization. Keep the US as a democracy.
DOE: Keep but reduce their duties. End the tying of federal funds to state education policies.
EPA: Keep. The EPA serves a necessary purpose in protecting the US from catastrophies such as what happened in China last week. Chemicals can be very dangerous things when treated improperly. Respect that.
RINO Tom
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1153 on: August 27, 2015, 02:35:58 pm »

I haven't done this in a while (I think, I can't remember, LOL), so here we go:

Ideology
Social: Liberal, with a few conservative positions
Economic: Pro-business, generally in favor of free-market capitalism
Foreign: Mixed, usually more interventionist than most
Political Registration: Republican

Social Policy
Abortion: Pro-choice until the third trimester.  Is that somewhat "arbitrary"?  Sure.  However, there reaches a point where there is clearly a viable living being that (unfortunately for the woman, sure, but also unfortunately for the fetus) happens to be helplessly inside another living thing.  At that point, I believe we must start weighing the needs of both living beings, and so I only support abortions for special circumstances (rape, incest, health of the mother, etc.).
Same Sex Marriage: Completely support, and I view it as a civil right.  Also, it is a moronic issue for the Republican Party to continue to debate about.  GIVE IT UP.
Drugs / Narcotics: Support legalization of marijuana and decriminalization of all drugs, with the exception of large-scale drug dealers.  No one should spend time in jail for getting caught doing a bump of cocaine in his or her own home, and we should treat drug addiction as something we need to treat, not something we need to punish.
Death Penalty: Very conflicted - I do not "oppose the death penalty," but I think it should only be used in the rarest of circumstances ... unfortunately, you can't make laws on a case-by-case basis, and I'm not sure what "policy" I'd have for it.
Gun Control: Support universal background checks, non-public gun registration, waiting periods and an assault rifle ban, but I find the idea of banning all guns (for everyone except for the government and the cops that haven't exactly proven they're the most trustworthy with them) very troublesome in principle.  I admit that after things like the disturbing murder the other day, I call these views into question ... but I don't think innocent individuals somewhere else - who have a gun for self-defense against home invasions or random attacks, just in case - should be punished because there are psychos out there.  I'll admit I question these views every time the debate comes up, as I think everyone should do about all of their views.
Affirmative Action: Support, but only for socioeconomic status.  Race-based affirmative action was necessary in this country for decades, but it's simply not anymore.  Not to mention, it's patronizing to minorities, and a poor, disadvantaged White person should not be shunned aside for a Black or Hispanic person who grew up with every financial advantage.
Prostitution: I used to support legalizing it, but my dad has kind of changed my view on it.  I think human trafficking is too much of a concern, so I prefer we keep it illegal, but there shouldn't be punishments too severe for women who feel they have nowhere else to turn; the brunt of the punishment should be on those who are running the schemes.
Right to Die: Also very conflicted on this one ... I have deep emotional objections to ending human life, but I find it somewhat absurd in a sense to tell someone who's ready to die peacefully - especially when they're terminally ill or something - that they just can't.
PATRIOT Act/NSA Spying: Oppose.  Individual liberty should trump security, in general.  However, that doesn't equate to scaling back all intelligence that is vital to government providing security; there's always a middle ground with a fine line.
Immigration: Grant legal amnesty to all those who are here now.  Let me be clear, this is SO unfair to those waiting in line (which describes someone I know personally who is literally a doctor and pregnant with her husband's child and yet can't get here), but it's not feasible to deport millions of people.  Once amnesty is granted, CRACK DOWN on the border to stop true, illegal immigration.  After that, make it much easier to become a citizen and take away the incentive to come here illegally.

Economic Policy
Minimum Wage: Index it to inflation and have that be our policy going forward.  A $15 minimum wage is just ridiculous.
Welfare/Social Security: Make it what it should have always been: a temporary helping hand to help people get on their feet and rise up.  It shouldn't be handed out like candy, and it shouldn't be cushy enough that it should in any way be an enviable position.
Right-to-Work: Support.  Period.
Taxation: Keep tax rates where they are, and do not raise them.  Reduce corporate taxes; corporations aren't big scary monsters, they're job creators made up of people.
Obamacare: For God's sake, either make it liberal enough to work (single payer) or conservative enough to work (more privatized), but Obamacare is a moderate hero option that is just stalling things until there's demand for government funded healthcare insurance; I gotta say, it's a brilliant move by Democrats.  Of course, my personal objection to single payer is that our government is going to need to find a way to pay for it, and that's going to be by taxing "rich" people out the a*s.
Trade: Completely support free trade.  Protectionism had its time and place (the frickin' 1800s), but now it's simply a small-minded policy to "keep wages up" ... a temporary measure.
Climate Change: Address it ASAP.  Battling climate change must be a government priority that crafts most of our policies and laws.  It's pathetic that the United States - the de facto world leader and role model - isn't taking the lead on fighting it.  This is one issue I'm "anti-business" and "pro-tax" on, as I would completely support penalty taxes on businesses that don't meet carbon emission standards.
Alternative Energy Subsidies: Support, for reasons above.
Keystone XL Pipeline: Indifferent, to be honest ... I've heard so many conflicting things on it, and I don't care enough to learn more.

Foreign Policy
Afghanistan: It's frankly naive and "principled" for the sake of being "principled" to oppose having a significant presence there.  It was barely a decade ago that this nation was harboring a terrorist group responsible for murdering 3,000 of our innocent citizens.
Iraq: I supported the war at the tender age of 11 (LOL), but I now see that it was probably a mistake.  At the very least, its post-war execution was a total disaster.  However, I'm an optimist, and I think George W. Bush at the very least should be somewhat remembered for removing a murderous dictator from power.
Iran: Totally undecided ... don't know enough about the Iran deal yet to say I support or oppose it, but in general I don't support the type of anti-Israel rhetoric that's just as retarded and knee-jerk as blindly pro-Israel rhetoric.  Iran is a nation that shouldn't be trusted, and you're derranged if you don't think keeping them from getting nuclear weapons in the future is imperative to world safety.
ISIS: Take them out with every measure short of troops on the ground.  This group has been denounced by al Queda ... let that sink in.
Cuba: Normalization of relations was long overdue, and I'm glad it's been done.
Military Spending: We could definitely use a reduction.  I feel people support increased spending because they think it says something about "who they are," when we frankly just don't need to, and we could afford to cut spending wherever possible in our federal budget.  This is an obvious starting point.
Israel/Palestine: Generally pro-Israel, as I support a (semi-secular) democracy being protected in the Middle East, especially when it's surrounded by nations and regimes that hate it, but that doesn't mean they get a blank check and unconditional support.
Terror War Detainees: The United States is above torture.  Period.

Summed up in a general sense:  Oh boy, this is NOT going to score me points on Atlas, LOL!  I'm a pro-business Republican who believes in upward mobility, individual responsibility and strong governmental intervention when civil rights are under attack.  I believe that to be what Abraham Lincoln would have wanted his party to be in the Twenty-First Century, and it's what I'll strive to make the Republican Party again.  I realize that this will get me called a "Moderate Hero" and get me mocked as a stereotypical "socially liberal, fiscally conservative" moron, but there's a world outside Atlas, and that's just a way to describe a set of views - a description that happens to describe my views semi-accurately.
Cath
Cathcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1154 on: August 29, 2015, 12:12:12 pm »

Too lazy to think out an entirely coherent ideology. Opposed to free trade and deindustrialization and support the rather vague notion of making it easier to become employed for the disadvantaged, as having people unemployed or paid incredibly low causes agitation for the socialization of industry and universalization of services. Having a strong national industry rather than paid unproductivity seems preferable. Conservative on abortion, but not "tough on crime", as based on what I've read, it appears an unnuanced and troglodytic response to criminal justice issues, and not entirely sure on "gay" issues.  Obviously, we shouldn't heed the calls of leftists to entirely uproot our language or social structure to appease people who don't know how to interact with each other. On foreign policy, it's like eh, whatever. Not terribly opposed to wire tapping, as I'm hoping to go into the intelligence analysis industry. Government should work to promote civic virtues, otherwise, in situations where parents are either unable (the poor), or too stupid to (the rich) indoctrinate their children properly, they'll likely get modes of behavior from media figures and view both economic and social hedonism as signs of a "good life". God need not be invoked, but hopefully civic leaders could do as much as necessary to imply such. The above policies could hopefully also help erase racial issues as well. A nation steeped in the basics of respect, hard work, (limited) tolerance, and compassion would hopefully result. In my view, people these days are coming out of "the system" with a few basic viewpoints: "have a good time!" "I'm better than this stuff/other people." "I'm special" and so on. For this nation to succeed, and, in doing so, help the world, this must be corrected.
DavidB.
YaBB God
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 6.00

« Reply #1155 on: September 03, 2015, 07:53:34 pm »
« Edited: September 04, 2015, 05:48:36 pm by DavidB. »

Well, time for me to do this since I don't want to go to sleep yet Curly I'm not so sure as to what I should call my ideology: it is a mix of Zionism, conservatism, capitalism, and libertarianism. That is not going to make me popular, but I was never here for that anyway.

Ideology
Social issues: Libertarian when it comes to government intervention, conservative when it comes to values.
Economic policy: Free-market capitalist/fiscal conservative/libertarian-light, with the exception of healthcare.
Foreign policy: Anti-supranationalist. Hawk. Neocon, except for the fact that I believe in spreading real freedom instead of democracy. Slightly libertarian when it comes to privacy issues.

Social Issues

Abortion: Abortion should be legal until ten weeks of pregnancy. No tax-payer money should flow to abortion clinics. My stance isn't really consequent and I'm the first one to admit that, but consequent views on abortion are by definition bizarre and undesirable.

Drug legalization: All drugs should be legal. The War on Drugs has not only been ineffective, it has been immoral. The government does not have the right to decide what one does with one's own body. The quality of popular drugs will increase if legalized. However, charity-based organizations for addiction treatment need to be supported by the government from a healthcare perspective, and the government should voice strong opposition to drug use: ruining your own body might be your own choice, but it is immoral. The government should certainly not provide places to use drugs.

Euthanasia: All people have the right to end their own lives, and euthanasia should be legal. However, a trajectory with a medic and a psychologist should be manadatory - ending your life is a method of last resort, it should not be an easy way out. In a community-based, decentralized society focused on the family, the amount of suicides - skyrocketing in our individualistic, materialistic society - will decrease.

LGBT rights: Equal marriage should be legal: the government should treat all citizens equally. At the same time, the government has no right to force people to do business with anybody. While governments do not have the right to discriminate, citizens do. Of course, a homophobic company should be boycotted by the public, but that's up to consumers. No tax-payer money should be spent on transgender surgery, but it should be legal for people to finance this privately, even though a trajectory with a psychologist would be preferable.

Gun control: I am generally favoring the American status-quo, although open carry should be legal everywhere. I support stand-your-ground laws and I oppose Constitution-Free Zones where guns are banned. Everyone should, ideally, know how to shoot and how to defend themselves.

Immigration: In the US, I am a moderate on immigration, supporting reform while opposing giving citizenship or residency to illegals. In Europe, I am against mass immigration from the third world, but in favor of giving educated people from Western countries residency. I support the free movement of goods and services that the EU established, but I would like to see this enforced in an intergovernemental treaty, not enforced by the dictatorial EU. I support Denmark's short-lived effort to take back control over its borders from the EU bureaucrats. In general, I support a combination of Canada's immigration laws for high-potential immigrants and a policy even stronger than Denmark's for low-potential-high-cost immigrants who have values that clash with Western ones (these people should be discouraged to come). If you're a serious/violent criminal and you have two passports, you should lose your Dutch passport (and right to residency in the Netherlands) after three strikes.

Prostitution: Prostitution is degrading and immoral, but it should be legal in order to protect prostitutes. However, pandering and streetwalking should be outlawed: women are not objects and pandering leads to abuse and crime. Programs for prostitutes to leave "the world" should be supported. This seems closest to the Danish model to me.

Affirmative action: I am fundamentally opposed to affirmative action, as it is racist, whereas governments should treat all citizens equally. However, private organizations are free to implement "affirmative action" policies and any other racist policies if they wish so, because there is no such thing as a right not to be discriminated against by private actors. Of course, this should lead to a public boycott.

Economic Issues

Taxation: Taxes are necessary, but too much taxation is theft. A flat income tax of around 20% should do the trick. I oppose taxing savings and I despise any form of "death tax". I am also against VAT.

Balanced budget amendment: Should be implemented in all countries, ideally.

Minimum wage: Against. Minimum wages hurt the working class and lead to unemployment. In general, a constitutional provision should force the government to restrain its influence on the economy.

Healthcare: A moral government doesn't let its poor citizens die of illness. I support providing basic public healthcare. If one wants more than that, one should look for private options. However, healthcare is one of the issues on which I'm more liberal in practice than in theory: I don't really mind if the government does more regarding healthcare. Some European countries have excellent systems. In practice, I would probably support a more (/truly) privatized version of the Dutch healthcare system. Obamacare is the worst of both worlds. Either single-payer or total privatization would be better.

Right-to-Work: I obviously support this. Companies should hire and fire people as they please.

Trade: I fully support free trade. That has to do with understanding basic economics. I support the free trade zone within the EU, I support TTIP, and if I would be American, I would certainly support NAFTA. I am against protectionism and tariff walls, which always hurt your own economy.

Climate Change (why is this listed under "economy"?): Help Third World countries prepare for the worst regarding sea-level rise, which should be the focus point of foreign aid (which should be cut for other things, except for furthering of national interests). Try to reduce emissions somewhat. Let the market do its work in finding solutions for this problem.

Foreign Policy:
EU: I support the single market, the free movements of goods and persons, and the deregulation the EU brought about. I oppose supranationalism. I support far-reaching reforms to stop the "ever closer union" from becoming a federal superstate. Brussels should be there for effective, intergovernmental opt-in cooperation. In practice, I am sceptical about the chances this kind of reforms have, so I support leaving the EU. I support the idea of a Northern European common currency for financially responsible countries.

Intelligence: While I think intelligence services are moral, legitimate, and necessary, spying on ordinary citizens has gone too far. Citizens should not be seen as a threat - citizens should be safe from threats, and the government shouldn't curb one's freedom. I support privacy laws to keep the government and overly "interested" companies out of people's business. I support some parts of the Patriot Act, but oppose others.

NATO: I'm ashamed by the European tendency to let the US pay for our expenses just because Europeans have become pacifist progressives. The NATO is a great organization and the Netherlands should spend 5% of its GDP on Defense before 2020 - at this moment, we don't even reach the bare minimum of 2% required of NATO members. The world is a dangerous place and civilized countries should stand together in fighting evil.

Cuba: Normalization of the relations is essentially a good thing, but it should have gone slower. Now, the Obama administration has once again showed its defeatist face.

Afghanistan: The worst victim of geopolitical games. This place will obviously be taken over by terrorists again. I see no real reason to be here anymore.

Iraq/Syria/ISIS: Give the Kurds and the Assyrians their own state. Bomb the hell out of ISIS. Establish "safe zones" for refugees. It's going to be a mess anyway, but let's make it somewhat less of a mess.

Iran: I'm totally opposed to the deal. The US and the NATO should make sure Iran will never have nuclear bombs - of which not Israel, but the Persian people would be the biggest victims: they will be hijacked by a dangerous regime - and the military option should have a prominent place at the negotiation table. Iran needs to improve its human rights policy drastically. Regime change should be supported and if the current situation doesn't change, military involvement might be a good option.

Israel: The eternal homeland of the Jewish people. No territorial compromise is acceptable (except for Gaza, a lost cause). In the long run, we should be moving toward a situation in which Arabs and Jews will peacefully live together, as good neighbors in one country. On the short term, increasing Jewish presence in Yehuda and Shomron is essential. Israel should immediately ban NGOs that seek to end its existence as a Jewish state from operating in Israel (including Yehuda and Shomron). Terrorists should get the death penalty and soldiers' rights should be preserved better. Jews should have the right to pray at the Temple Mount. Israel should gradually become independent from US aid: let's work together as equals. Egypt should be pushed by the US and Israel into incorporating Gaza. Recognize "Palestine"... as a terrorist organization.

UN: The playfield for dictators. All decent countries should leave this joke of an organization.
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1156 on: October 30, 2015, 09:46:14 am »

Isn't Illinois open primary?
RINO Tom
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1157 on: October 30, 2015, 12:31:00 pm »

Well, I actually live and vote in Iowa City, IA, but I think Illinois has a weird system (maybe Mr. Illini  or someone else can answer?); I believe it's open primary, but you are required to vote in whatever primary you did the last time or something funky?  I don't know.

In Iowa, there's partisan registration, but you can actually change your party at the polling place.
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1158 on: November 02, 2015, 08:55:00 pm »

Well, I actually live and vote in Iowa City, IA, but I think Illinois has a weird system (maybe Mr. Illini  or someone else can answer?); I believe it's open primary, but you are required to vote in whatever primary you did the last time or something funky?  I don't know.

In Iowa, there's partisan registration, but you can actually change your party at the polling place.
I understand that Illinois is semi-open primary: you don't register with a party, but you have to publicly declare which primary you're voting in.
SunriseAroundTheWorld
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1159 on: November 03, 2015, 02:01:26 pm »

Writing my views now, will post later.
Extrabase500
United States

« Reply #1160 on: November 06, 2015, 08:50:58 pm »
« Edited: November 06, 2015, 09:28:47 pm by Extrabase500 »

SOCIAL
Abortion: Pro-Life, abortion illegal in all cases except the life of the mother.
Same-sex marriage: State issue. Support gay marriage at sate level.
Capital Punishment: Strongly Support
Euthanasia: Strongly Oppose
Guns: Strongly Pro-Gun/Pro-Second Amendement. Oppose all gun control and repeal all gun control laws. Adopt concealed carry nationwide.
Prostitution: LEGAL

ECONOMIC
Taxes: Abolish estate tax, corporate tax, cigarette tax, gas tax, and capital gains. Switch to a flat tax rate of 13.5%. ABOLISH IRS.
Environment: NO to UN backed international "climate" agreements like Kyoto. support clean up of lands & rivers. Work for more alternative energy; nuclear is a good source to replace oil. no to carbon taxes.
Social Security Allow some privatization
Immigration: Deport illegals, ten year ban on legal immigration, and END birthright citizenship. Punish companies that hire illegals. Build wall along US/Mexican border.
Trade: Tariffs on china, repeal NAFTA and FAIR TRADE. No to TPP.
Spending: Reduce spending and work towards balancing budget. Eliminate foreign aid, department of homeland security, department of agriculture, department of education, and cut corporate welfare and the military budget. Also raise retirement age for social security.
Healthcare: REPEAL Obamacare.
Education: Strongly support school vouchers and homeschooling. Return schools to STATE level abolish department of education and OPPOSE common core/no child left behind.
Other: For Marijuana legalization/drug legalization, for prison reform, for tort reform, and for abolishing smoking restrictions. Abolish the CIA and NSA. Massively increase space funding. Allow FUSION CANDIDCY. Oppose intervention in syria, iraq, and libya and support abolishing the CIA and FBI. Also support term limits and repeal 17th amendment. Bring back the Gold Standard and abolish the FED now!
Maxwell
mah519
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1161 on: November 08, 2015, 10:56:30 pm »

Ideology
Social: Strongly liberal
Economic: Left-leaning, with some skepticism for certain programs and their effectiveness
Foreign: Moderate dove
Political Registration: Democrat

Social Policy
Abortion: Pro-Choice.
Same Sex Marriage: Support. Old Issue. It's a civil right.
Drugs / Narcotics: Legalization of marijuana and legalization of harder core drug with stiff regulations and taxation, as well as complete release of those in prison only for drug useage, and a better rehabilitation system for those addicted.
Death Penalty: Absolutely, morally opposed. No one is deserving of death. I don't believe anything good comes out of vengeance.
Gun Control: Universal background checks, and licensing and registration for all guns. If it takes this long drawn out process to be able to use a car, the same should be true for guns. Limitation of magazines is also something I'm supportive of. Beyond that I am skeptic of certain gun control measures like the assault weapon ban.
Affirmative Action: We should re-instate for socioeconomic class, not on race.
Prostitution: Supportive of legalization, but crack down on human trafficking.
Right to Die: The right to die is one's own choice, and I support the ability to make that decision.
PATRIOT Act/NSA Spying: I oppose, but I do believe we need a system to keep tabs on terror. The way the NSA has been doing things is wrong, and we need to put safeguards in place so that it is only terror suspects whose records are kept track of, not American citizens.
Immigration: Legalize immigrants here, raise wage rates H1B Visas, and crack down on businesses who employee illegal immigrants. I believe these three will make our immigration system better. And added with that, increase the amount of legal immigrants that can immigrate, so to solve our massive aging problem by putting more workers into the system.

Economic Policy
Minimum Wage: We should hike the minimum wage, though I think we should do so on a step by step basis. A $15 hike in one instance I think will make those who already have $15 an hour jobs be completely devalued. I think we should have a $15/Hr minimum wage by 2025 through a gradual increase.
Welfare: Welfare is fine at the moment, I suppose. We could do a better job at helping people at the bottom, maybe better job training, I just don't know.
Social Security: I'm not against raising the retirement age. Not because I want to shaft seniors, but because I don't think Social Security was designed to handle so many seniors. Probably to 68 or 69. I think that's a better way to save the program than to keep playing with the Chained CPI.
Right-to-Work: Lean against. I'd have to think about this one more now.
Taxation: Cut corporate taxes, not because I love corporations but because it's not particularly effective. Raise regular tax rates with a top rate of 50%. Create tax credits to incentivize hiring people in America. Cutting taxes goes directly into the pocket of those whose taxes you cut, which is why I don't think supply side has been especially effective in its stated goal. I think, in order for wealth to trickle down, you have to incentivize the trickling down itself.
Obamacare: It's a good system that tries to do what Single Payer does through private healthcare, and I want to wait and see how effectively it reduces cost, but my end goal would be a Single Payer system. At the same time, we need to keep going our incredibly innovative medical technology industry, which requires a certain level of competition. Maybe that's how Obamacare fits together.
Trade: I support free trade. Protectionism worked very well for our country a long time ago, but I'm not sure that, at our size, we could implement it and make it work. At the same time, though, we need to make sure we are developing our economic interests instead of cutting ourselves at the expense of #freetrade.
Climate Change: We move in the right direction on Climate Change through the tax code. Punish carbon polluters and reward those who make realistic goals and achieve them. I'm absolutely pro-nuclear, and hope we can expand that at the expense of coal.
Alternative Energy Subsidies: We have to be pretty well-researched on their impact on the environment in other potentially deadly ways, but otherwise supportive.
Keystone XL Pipeline: There is no issue I care less about. Nowadays I wouldn't support it because the economic benefit is little. Obama's tactical move on this was pretty perfect.
Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1162 on: December 14, 2015, 10:20:19 pm »

Well, time for me to do this since I don't want to go to sleep yet Curly I'm not so sure as to what I should call my ideology: it is a mix of Zionism, conservatism, capitalism, and libertarianism. That is not going to make me popular, but I was never here for that anyway.

Ideology
Social issues: Libertarian when it comes to government intervention, conservative when it comes to values.
Economic policy: Free-market capitalist/fiscal conservative/libertarian-light, with the exception of healthcare.
Foreign policy: Anti-supranationalist. Hawk. Neocon, except for the fact that I believe in spreading real freedom instead of democracy. Slightly libertarian when it comes to privacy issues.

Social Issues

Abortion: Abortion should be legal until ten weeks of pregnancy. No tax-payer money should flow to abortion clinics. My stance isn't really consequent and I'm the first one to admit that, but consequent views on abortion are by definition bizarre and undesirable.

Drug legalization: All drugs should be legal. The War on Drugs has not only been ineffective, it has been immoral. The government does not have the right to decide what one does with one's own body. The quality of popular drugs will increase if legalized. However, charity-based organizations for addiction treatment need to be supported by the government from a healthcare perspective, and the government should voice strong opposition to drug use: ruining your own body might be your own choice, but it is immoral. The government should certainly not provide places to use drugs.

Euthanasia: All people have the right to end their own lives, and euthanasia should be legal. However, a trajectory with a medic and a psychologist should be manadatory - ending your life is a method of last resort, it should not be an easy way out. In a community-based, decentralized society focused on the family, the amount of suicides - skyrocketing in our individualistic, materialistic society - will decrease.

LGBT rights: Equal marriage should be legal: the government should treat all citizens equally. At the same time, the government has no right to force people to do business with anybody. While governments do not have the right to discriminate, citizens do. Of course, a homophobic company should be boycotted by the public, but that's up to consumers. No tax-payer money should be spent on transgender surgery, but it should be legal for people to finance this privately, even though a trajectory with a psychologist would be preferable.

Gun control: I am generally favoring the American status-quo, although open carry should be legal everywhere. I support stand-your-ground laws and I oppose Constitution-Free Zones where guns are banned. Everyone should, ideally, know how to shoot and how to defend themselves.

Immigration: In the US, I am a moderate on immigration, supporting reform while opposing giving citizenship or residency to illegals. In Europe, I am against mass immigration from the third world, but in favor of giving educated people from Western countries residency. I support the free movement of goods and services that the EU established, but I would like to see this enforced in an intergovernemental treaty, not enforced by the dictatorial EU. I support Denmark's short-lived effort to take back control over its borders from the EU bureaucrats. In general, I support a combination of Canada's immigration laws for high-potential immigrants and a policy even stronger than Denmark's for low-potential-high-cost immigrants who have values that clash with Western ones (these people should be discouraged to come). If you're a serious/violent criminal and you have two passports, you should lose your Dutch passport (and right to residency in the Netherlands) after three strikes.

Prostitution: Prostitution is degrading and immoral, but it should be legal in order to protect prostitutes. However, pandering and streetwalking should be outlawed: women are not objects and pandering leads to abuse and crime. Programs for prostitutes to leave "the world" should be supported. This seems closest to the Danish model to me.

Affirmative action: I am fundamentally opposed to affirmative action, as it is racist, whereas governments should treat all citizens equally. However, private organizations are free to implement "affirmative action" policies and any other racist policies if they wish so, because there is no such thing as a right not to be discriminated against by private actors. Of course, this should lead to a public boycott.

Economic Issues

Taxation: Taxes are necessary, but too much taxation is theft. A flat income tax of around 20% should do the trick. I oppose taxing savings and I despise any form of "death tax". I am also against VAT.

Balanced budget amendment: Should be implemented in all countries, ideally.

Minimum wage: Against. Minimum wages hurt the working class and lead to unemployment. In general, a constitutional provision should force the government to restrain its influence on the economy.

Healthcare: A moral government doesn't let its poor citizens die of illness. I support providing basic public healthcare. If one wants more than that, one should look for private options. However, healthcare is one of the issues on which I'm more liberal in practice than in theory: I don't really mind if the government does more regarding healthcare. Some European countries have excellent systems. In practice, I would probably support a more (/truly) privatized version of the Dutch healthcare system. Obamacare is the worst of both worlds. Either single-payer or total privatization would be better.

Right-to-Work: I obviously support this. Companies should hire and fire people as they please.

Trade: I fully support free trade. That has to do with understanding basic economics. I support the free trade zone within the EU, I support TTIP, and if I would be American, I would certainly support NAFTA. I am against protectionism and tariff walls, which always hurt your own economy.

Climate Change (why is this listed under "economy"?): Help Third World countries prepare for the worst regarding sea-level rise, which should be the focus point of foreign aid (which should be cut for other things, except for furthering of national interests). Try to reduce emissions somewhat. Let the market do its work in finding solutions for this problem.

Foreign Policy:
EU: I support the single market, the free movements of goods and persons, and the deregulation the EU brought about. I oppose supranationalism. I support far-reaching reforms to stop the "ever closer union" from becoming a federal superstate. Brussels should be there for effective, intergovernmental opt-in cooperation. In practice, I am sceptical about the chances this kind of reforms have, so I support leaving the EU. I support the idea of a Northern European common currency for financially responsible countries.

Intelligence: While I think intelligence services are moral, legitimate, and necessary, spying on ordinary citizens has gone too far. Citizens should not be seen as a threat - citizens should be safe from threats, and the government shouldn't curb one's freedom. I support privacy laws to keep the government and overly "interested" companies out of people's business. I support some parts of the Patriot Act, but oppose others.

NATO: I'm ashamed by the European tendency to let the US pay for our expenses just because Europeans have become pacifist progressives. The NATO is a great organization and the Netherlands should spend 5% of its GDP on Defense before 2020 - at this moment, we don't even reach the bare minimum of 2% required of NATO members. The world is a dangerous place and civilized countries should stand together in fighting evil.

Cuba: Normalization of the relations is essentially a good thing, but it should have gone slower. Now, the Obama administration has once again showed its defeatist face.

Afghanistan: The worst victim of geopolitical games. This place will obviously be taken over by terrorists again. I see no real reason to be here anymore.

Iraq/Syria/ISIS: Give the Kurds and the Assyrians their own state. Bomb the hell out of ISIS. Establish "safe zones" for refugees. It's going to be a mess anyway, but let's make it somewhat less of a mess.

Iran: I'm totally opposed to the deal. The US and the NATO should make sure Iran will never have nuclear bombs - of which not Israel, but the Persian people would be the biggest victims: they will be hijacked by a dangerous regime - and the military option should have a prominent place at the negotiation table. Iran needs to improve its human rights policy drastically. Regime change should be supported and if the current situation doesn't change, military involvement might be a good option.

Israel: The eternal homeland of the Jewish people. No territorial compromise is acceptable (except for Gaza, a lost cause). In the long run, we should be moving toward a situation in which Arabs and Jews will peacefully live together, as good neighbors in one country. On the short term, increasing Jewish presence in Yehuda and Shomron is essential. Israel should immediately ban NGOs that seek to end its existence as a Jewish state from operating in Israel (including Yehuda and Shomron). Terrorists should get the death penalty and soldiers' rights should be preserved better. Jews should have the right to pray at the Temple Mount. Israel should gradually become independent from US aid: let's work together as equals. Egypt should be pushed by the US and Israel into incorporating Gaza. Recognize "Palestine"... as a terrorist organization.

UN: The playfield for dictators. All decent countries should leave this joke of an organization.

92.5%. Right to work, taxation, and abortion are the only ones I have anything more than minor disagreements with you on.
Chief Justice windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
France

« Reply #1163 on: March 10, 2016, 08:20:20 pm »

Economy
Minimum wage: I support increasing the minimum wage. A minimum wage is a necessity. Companies are much more powerful than workers on the labour market, so their wages are lower that they should be, so a rise will improve the standard of living and in the end will have more positive than negative effects on jobs.

Labor Unions: I have become less supportive of them. But I still believe they need to become stronger in ordre to raise the wage, boosting the economy. RTW is totally bullsh**t.

Free-Trade: I completely support free-trade. Protectionism is a rightwing policy that just creates private monopoly.

Education: skills needed in the workforce will always be higher and higher. So this is necessary to spend more and more.

Heath Care: very left-wing, I dont want to let people die.

Social Issues
Abortion: Should be available until 12 weeks of pregnancy. I dont like that at all at personal level but I understand it has to be legal.

SSM: fully supportive of that obviously.

Death Penalty: I oppose it completely. (Catholic)

Immigration: I support it, it is necessary when population is becoming older and older.

Euthanasia: I oppose it. I believe it will end up killing too many people for economic gains. I dont want to take the risk. It should be decriminalized for some cases though.

Alcohol, drugs and cigarettes : I personally hate that. Smoking is disgusting, alcoholic people vomit everywhere. These things are clearly  the reason how the western culture can be totally degenerate sometimes. But let that be legalized because the war on these stuffs doesnt work. But it needs to be heavily taxed.

Foreign policy:

Iran deal: I obviously support it. Iran will be a powerful ally in the region.

War: I m interventionist, I dont want other Hitlers to come to power because of "muh pacifism". But at the same time, we need not to be bellicists a la Iraq war.

Israel: This isnt an issue I know many things. I m right now really pro-Palestine and against IsraŽl who I believe is oppressing the pzlestinians. However, I do recognize that my views are highly being influenced by my friends who are very against IsraŽl. I used to think that any hyper pro IsraŽl would be the reincarnation of IsraŽl. M'y views are evolving though as I realize that I really some of them. So if any pro IsraŽl could explain me why they support IsraŽl by PM, that would be cool. I will likely remain pro-palestinian, but I think it would be useful to have the opinion of the pro israel side.
Asian Nazi
d32123
YaBB God
China

« Reply #1164 on: March 10, 2016, 08:35:08 pm »

Ideology
Social: Communist
Economic: Communist
Foreign: Communist
Political Registration: N/A

Social Policy
Abortion: Pro-Choice
Same Sex Marriage: Support
Drugs / Narcotics: Are bad
Death Penalty: Support, but don't trust the American state to implement it
Gun Control: Militias should be legal, otherwise ban ban ban
Affirmative Action: We should start younger
Prostitution: Should be illegal
Right to Die: I always support people dying
PATRIOT Act/NSA Spying: who care
Immigration: Open borders

Economic Policy
Minimum Wage: Abolish all wages
Welfare: All people should be given jobs by the government, but those who cannot work should be allowed to live decently
Social Security: weaksauce
Right-to-Work: People who support "right-to-work" laws should be shot
Taxation: I love taxes
Obamacare: A decent start
Trade: Bad
Climate Change: Cannot be fixed by capitalism
Alternative Energy Subsidies: lol
Keystone XL Pipeline: dead issue
RFayette
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1165 on: March 10, 2016, 09:04:06 pm »

Time for an update:

Ideology
Social: Fairly conservative, but somewhat less so than from my fundamentalist phase
Economic: Nationalist conservative
Foreign: Reserved
Political Registration:  Republican (despite I avatar)

Social Policy
Abortion: 100% pro-life except for life of mother and rape/incest
Same Sex Marriage: Mildly oppose
Drugs / Narcotics: Decriminalize, but heavily tax and strongly deter use;
Death Penalty: Support, expand its use to more crimes and reduce time between sentence and execution
Gun Control: 100% oppose
Affirmative Action: Only based on class
Prostitution: Keep it illegal
Right to Die: Assisted suicide should not be permitted IMO
PATRIOT Act/NSA Spying: support, but pretty indifferent
Immigration: Close the border, limit future immigration, deport or require most of those here illegally now to get out, except those who have been in the USA for 7+ years or so.  Also get rid of the H1B program to raise wages for skilled workers in the IT field.

Economic Policy
Minimum Wage: Raise it to $9-10 or so and index it to inflation.  Exempt areas with high unemployment if they vote to do so.
Welfare: Block-grant to states
Social Security:  privatize and/or block-grant
Right-to-Work: Support
Taxation: Flat national sales tax is the ideal
Obamacare: Not a big fan, though I'm OK with expanding Medicaid and some of the cost controls, I don't like the mandates
Trade: Re-negotiate NAFTA, TPP, etc. to help protect American workers.  
Climate Change: Invest more in alternative energy research, spend more on infrastructure to improve transmission efficiency in our grid
Alternative Energy Subsidies: support for R&D, not for existing companies
Keystone XL Pipeline: support
Old School Republican
Computer89
YaBB God

« Reply #1166 on: April 30, 2016, 05:52:50 pm »

Economic and Fiscal Issues : Moderate Conservative
Foreign Policy : Moderate Conservative
Domestic Issues: Centrist
Social Issues : Moderate Liberal

Now it is

Economic and Fiscal Issues: Conservative
Foreign Policy: Moderately Conservative
Domestic Policy :Moderately Conservative
Social Issues : Centrist
ExtremeConservative
ExtremeRepublican
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: 7.83

« Reply #1167 on: April 30, 2016, 06:26:21 pm »
« Edited: April 30, 2016, 10:16:08 pm by ExtremeRepublican »

Ideology

Social: Far-right
Economic: As right as it gets, but these issues are less important than social ones
National Security: Neo-con

Social Policy:
Abortion: 100% pro-life- THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE FACING OUR COUNTRY TODAY
Gay Marriage: Marriage should be between one man and one woman.  Of course, no one should have to provide service to a gay "wedding".
Drugs: Against
Stem Cell Research: None from aborted babies, adult stem cell research is fine
Death Penalty: Support in the most extreme of cases
Gun control: Oppose
Affirmative Action: Completely unconstitutional
Prayer in School: Allow individual students to pray as they choose
Transgender Bathrooms: Use bathrooms based on your birth gender (I have never been given proof that transgenderism is a real thing)

Economic Issues:
Minimum Wage: $0.00
Taxation: National sales tax (we got along just fine with no income tax pre-1913)
Healthcare: Remove all restrictions on the free market, focus on HSAs to make consumers more cost-conscious
Social Security: Privatize it
Education: School choice and vouchers.  Make options for what grade school to go to more like college choices.
Personhood Admendment: Support
Term Limits Admendment: Oppose
Free Trade: Support 100%- NAFTA, NATO, and the TPP make us all better off.  We should have no trade restrictions with any country that we aren't trying to punish.

Iran: Do not negotiate with terrorists
Iraq/Syria: Do anything necessary to combat ISIS
PATRIOT Act: Absolutely, and people who say no baffle me
NSA Spying: If you don't like it, what are you hiding?
Israel/Palestine: Support our only ally in a hostile region
Immigration: Make legal immigration easier, but crack down on border security.  We can't reasonably deport every illegal immigrant, but we have to never give illegals citizenship.

Environment
Climate Change: Natural, the Earth has gone through cycles forever
Green Energy: Let the free market decide
Keystone XL Pipeline: Support

Electoral Reform
Electoral College Reform: Oppose
Gerrymandering: Keep it as it is
Term limits: No
Voter ID: Support to combat voter fraud
Primaries: More caucuses
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
YaBB God
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #1168 on: April 30, 2016, 07:57:10 pm »

Ideology

Economic Issues:
Taxation: National sales tax (we got along just fine with no income tax pre-1913)
Healthcare: Remove all restrictions on the free market, focus on HSAs to make consumers more cost-conscious
Education: School choice and vouchers.  Make options for what grade school to go to more like college choices.
How morally righteous of you.
Intell
YaBB God
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1169 on: April 30, 2016, 08:08:32 pm »

Ideology

Economic Issues:
Education: School choice and vouchers.  Make options for what grade school to go to more like college choices.
How morally righteous of you.

Such a christian and a moral person.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1170 on: May 14, 2016, 03:41:56 pm »
« Edited: May 14, 2016, 04:06:23 pm by EdgarAllenYOLO »

DISCLAIMER: Some of my answers on positions may be very vague. Also, some of my positions are basically the same as Speaker Kentís

Ideology

Social: Relatively Liberal
Economic: center-right, tend to be pro-business
Foreign policy: ďRealistĒ, focus more on what the geopolitical experts are saying
Environment: Liberal. We need to clean up the environment, promote sustainable energy, and deal with climate change.

Social Policy:
Abortion: Pro-choice, but keep the ban on partial-birth abortion. Keep abortion safe, legal, and rare by providing contraception and sex education as opposed to restricting abortion excluding partial-birth abortion.
Same Sex Marriage: Strongly support keeping gay marriage legal and strongly support anti-discrimination acts for LGBT people. LGBT citizens deserve equal lives and rights that heterosexuals have regardless of who they love or what gender they identify as.  
Drugs: Legalize marijuana and LSD, but oppose legalization of ďhard drugsĒ such as cocaine, heroin, etc. Focus on rehabilitation for those suffering from drug addictions, rather than punishment
Death Penalty: Neutral, but lately I tend to lean against it due to the fact that innocent people have been put to death.
Gun control: Itís fine to increase measures to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, but banning certain types of guns and restricting ammo is a ďfeel good measureĒ with no results. People deserve the 2nd amendment right to protect themselves and their families.
Affirmative Action: Itís a noble cause, but itís seriously flawed. It should be significantly reformed or repealed.
Prostitution: Personally oppose, but legalize and regulate it.
Euthanasia: Legalize it, but make sure that the patient is fully aware what he/she is doing and has actively discussed with their doctor.

Economic Issues:
Minimum Wage: Keep the minimum wage as it is, but promote tax credits as an alternative to increasing the minimum wage. However, if the individual states or cities want to increase their minimum wage, let them.
Welfare: I have to research more on this before I make an informed opinion.
Right-to-Work: Lean towards supporting Right-To-Work. I support private sector unions, but Iím against public sector unions, which have become significantly corrupt.
Taxation: I support a progressive tax as opposed to a flat tax, but reduce taxes for middle/lower class citizens, reduce taxes on small businesses, and significantly cut corporate taxes while closing loopholes that allow them to hide money overseas.
Healthcare: Iím admittedly wishy-washy on healthcare. As long as the method prevents Americans from suffering extraordinarily high bills, and doesnít blow a hole in the deficit, I support it. Obamacare should have its flaws reformed, but it should not be repealed as millions of Americans already depend on it. Singapore's healthcare system would probably be the best for this nation as opposed to single-payer healthcare
Social Security: I used to be in favor of privatizing social security, but I have since then switched to supporting social security. It is dangerous to trust peopleís retirement savings to the mercy of the stock market, god forbid a massive crash happen again. Take off the wage cap, expand benefits, and slightly increase the social security payroll tax of .33% to cover the deficit.
Trade: Strongly support free trade, as it benefits a lot of people (especially the poor and developing nations) and keeps prices low. Protectionism and tariffs in general are dangerous ideas that will make the economy spiral out of control.
Education: (Copying Speaker Kentís position) Increase funding, but abolish Common Core and get rid of most standardized testing. Offer completely free education in public universities to veterans, and offer low/no-interest student loans to students from low-income families. Support school vouchers as well.
Balanced Budget Amendment: Lean against it. Itís a noble cause, but the idea of government planning the budget like a household is nothing but a bumper-sticker slogan that has no basis in reality. There are more pragmatic ways that we can reduce spending, especially in a recession.

Afghanistan: (Copying Speaker Kentís position) Should train the Afghan military to protect their country from the Taliban. Support.
Iraq: We should have not intervened, but an Iraq War was inevitable due to US/Iraqi tensions even before 9/11. Leaving Iraq so early only helped create a power vacuum that made Sunni/Shia tensions explode and lead to the rise of ISIS. However, it would have been impossible to convince the public to let the US stay longer in Iraq.
Iran: Support the current Iran deal, and only consider military action against Iran if it is absolutely certain that they will get a nuke, which Iran is currently unlikely to anyways.
Syria: (Copying Speaker Kentís position) should have backed the moderate rebels when they were still around. Should be involved fighting ISIS via airstrikes and indirect support for Middle Eastern countries.
NATO/Russia: It's too late to abolish NATO without creating a power vacuum, but focus on reforming membership and also focus more on the danger of hybrid war rather than training for conventional warfare. However, Russia is highly unlikely to mess with the Baltic States due to the fact that it creates very little benefit and many problems for Russia, excluding the issue of a war with NATO. Do not accept Sweden and Finland into NATO as it will worsen tensions with Russia and make hardliners even more paranoid. Putin in general is a very rational and realist leader, and thus I don't lose any sleep over thought of war with Russia while he is at the controls.
Cuba: Open up relations with Cuba and promote trade with them. The embargo has failed to improve human rights and denies us economic investment opportunities.
PATRIOT Act: The FREEDOM Act is a better compromise.
NSA Spying: Stop spying on our allies, it only ruins our reputation abroad.
Israel/Palestine: No opinion
Immigration: Personally oppose amnesty for illegal immigrants, but it is our only option at this point due to the amount of them in this country. Increase border security, and allow states to decide how to manage their border with Mexico to prevent another mass influx of illegal immigrants.
Guantanamo Bay: Keep Guantanamo Bay open, but end the use of torture there, and make sure suspected terrorists receive a fair trial before sending them there to make sure no innocent person has been sent there by accident.

Environment

Climate Change: It wonít kill us all, but it will cause serious trouble to areas such as the Netherlands, Bangladesh, Florida, the Gulf States, etc. Work to reduce emissions and try to get China and India to do the same.
Green Energy: The transition will have to be slow due to the amount of people that depend on fossil fuel related jobs, but support transition to alternative energy. Strongly promote the construction of more nuclear power plants in safe locations

Keystone XL Pipeline: Oppose both for environmental and private property reasons.

Electoral Reform (Pretty much Speaker Kentís positions)
Electoral College: Abolish in favor of an instant runoff voting system based on the popular vote.
Gerrymandering: Ban it and require that non-partisan organizations redraw the Congressional districts.
Term limits: Yes. Two four-year terms for President, six two-year terms for House members, three six-year terms for Senators, one ten-year term for Supreme Court justices.
Voter ID: Yes, but provide IDs upon registering to vote.
Compulsory Voting: No.
Voter Registration: Automatically register all citizens when they turn 18 and provide a free voter ID.
Statehood: Donít make Puerto Rico a state due to their economic troubles, but make DC a state and give them one voting representative in the House, but no Senators.
Human
United States

« Reply #1171 on: June 21, 2016, 05:16:11 pm »

Ideology

Social: Left-wing
Economic: Centrist
Foreign policy: ďRealistĒ
Environment: Liberal. We need to clean up the environment, promote sustainable energy and deal with climate change.

Social Policy:
Abortion: Pro-choice, I guess.
Same Sex Marriage: Strongly support
Drugs: Legalize marijuana, for both recreational and medical purposes. Keep "hard drugs" like cocaine and heroin illegal. Raise the smoking age to 21.
Death Penalty: Support, but it should be used extremely rarely.
Gun control: I support background checks, closing the gun show loophole, and prohibiting firearms to the individuals on the no-fly list.
Affirmative Action: I deeply oppose race-based affirmative action.
Prostitution: Support
Euthanasia: Legalize it
Immigration: I support immigration reform. Most illegal immigrants should be granted amnesty. I strongly oppose deporting illegals and building a wall along the southern border. Immigrants are good for the economy. H1-B visas are also good for the economy.

Economic Issues:
Minimum Wage: Raise it to $12 an hour.
Welfare: I support requiring welfare recipients to work.
Right-to-Work: Lean towards supporting Right-To-Work.
Taxation: I support eliminating the sales tax, cutting income taxes, and maintaining current tax rates for all other forms of taxation. I believe that mild tax cuts help the economy. 
Healthcare: I support Obamacare, but oppose a single-payer system.
Social Security: I support expanding Social Security benefits. We shouldn't cut Social Security or privatize it.
Trade: I strongly support free trade. I support TPP, NAFTA, etc.
Education: We should implement a school voucher program. I support repealing No Child Left Behind. We should increase funding for education.
Balanced Budget Amendment: This is an unrealistic idea.
Tort Reform: Support

Environment:
Climate Change: I believe that climate change is real. We should increase environmental regulations in order to combat climate change.
Green Energy: We should heavily invest in green energy.
Keystone XL Pipeline: Oppose both for environmental and private property reasons.

Intell
YaBB God
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1172 on: September 27, 2016, 08:53:38 pm »

Politcal Matrix Test
* (Critical)

1. The right to individual autonomy is important, even if it threatens collective security:
(Usually Disagree)

2. The government should penalize organizations that practice outsourcing.
(Agree*)

3. Giving faith-based charities the same government resources as secular organizations is a good idea.
(Disagree)

4. We should increase foreign aid to countries struggling with poverty.
(Usually Disagree)

5. We should increase funding for education.
(Neutral)

6. Heterosexual couples should receive higher marital recognition than same-sex couples. (Disagree*)

7. Overall, free trade hurts more than it helps.
(Agree*)

8. We should reduce the number of government programs substantially.
(Neutral)

9. Abortion should be illegal or very heavily restricted.
(Neutral)

10. The government should fund museums, theaters, and other cultural institutions that are unable to survive independently.
(Agree)

11. The government should subsidize health insurance for those who cannot easily afford it.
(Agree*)

12. The government should work to reduce children's exposure to offensive radio and television content.
(Neutral)

13. It is unfair that wealthier people pay higher tax rates.
(Disagree*)

14. The minimum wage should be raised.
(Neutral)

15. Marijuana should be legalized.
(Usually Disagree)

16. Society focuses too much on forcing equality at the expense of real merit.
(Usually Agree)

17. Violating individual rights is acceptable when it comes to fighting terrorism.
(Neutral)

18. Current levels of government regulation on industry are excessive.
(Neutral)

19. The government should provide basic needs for all people.
(Agree*)

20. The death penalty should be an option for serious crimes.
(Neutral)

21. We should reduce the difficulty of immigration.
(Usually Disagree)

22. Union workers should be protected against being fired during strikes.
(Usually Agree*)

23. Prostitution should be legalized.
(Usually Disagree*)

24. Flag burning should be banned.
(Usually Disagree)

25. I support affirmative action.
(Usually Disagree)

26. The government should impose tariffs to protect industries from foreign competition.
(Agree*)

27. Physician-assisted suicide should be legal if the patient is capable of informed, rational consent.(Usually Disagree)

Economic Score: (-4.00)
Social Score (0.00)

Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1173 on: October 18, 2016, 04:51:41 pm »

Overview
Social: Conservative
Economic: Free Market Capitalism
National Security: Moderately NeoConservative
Party Affiliation : Republican (The Lincoln/Reagan Kind, not the Donald Trump facade)
-
Social Policy:
Abortion: ProLife
Gay Marriage: I support Civil Unions, not marriage.
Drug Laws: I support strong drug laws.
Stem Cell Research: None from aborted babies, adult stem cell research is fine
Death Penalty: Oppose
Increased Gun control: Oppose
Transgender Bathrooms: Use bathrooms based on your birth gender

Economic Issues:
Minimum Wage: Do Not increase
Taxation: Flat or FairTax
Healthcare: Repeal ACA, open state lines to allow competition
Social Security: Roll Back the payout date to account for life expectancy increases.
Education: School choice and vouchers. 
Term Limits Admendment: The PEOPLE are the term limits.
Free Trade: Support

[/b
]Iran: Tear the Iran deal in half.
Iraq/Syria: Use military force to crush ISIS swiftly
PATRIOT Act: OPPOSE, It is Unconstitutional
NSA Spying: OPPOSE, it is unconstitutional
Israel/Palestine: STRONGLY support Israel
Immigration: Step1- Secure the border and establish E-Verify (if a faucet is overflowing, first turn off the water, then handle the water left inside) ; step 2- streamline the legal immigration process and reform it; step 3- have those here illegally for over 10 years with no criminal record put in the back of the line to apply for citizenship. NO citizenship until the border is secure and almost all illegal immigration is handled. NO SWEEPING AMNESTY

Environment
Climate Change: It is natural
Green Energy: Free the market and stop subsidizing green energy AND oil, gas, etc

Electoral Reform
Gerrymandering: Independent commission
Term limits: It is called having elections.
Voter ID: Support
Primaries: Adopt the democrat system of universal allocation per state percentage; allow state to determine primary or caucus; no super delegates
ExtremeConservative
ExtremeRepublican
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: 7.83

« Reply #1174 on: October 18, 2016, 05:24:13 pm »

Overview
Social: Conservative
Economic: Conservative
National Security: Hawkish
Party Affiliation : Republican

Social Policy:
Abortion: 100% Pro-Life, no exceptions
Gay Marriage: 1 Man, 1 Woman, Always
Drug Laws: Keep all illegal drugs illegal and take societial steps to lower alcohol use
Stem Cell Research: Never from aborted babies, otherwise fine
Death Penalty: Support only for mass murder
Increased Gun control: Oppose
Sex: Work in the culture to stigmatize any sex outside of a serious relationship.  Strongly condemn hookups and one night stands.
Transgender Bathrooms: Oppose- you are a man or a woman at birth and can't change it
Religious Liberty/Freedom of Conscience: No one who doesn't want to should have to have anything to do with a gay "wedding"
Discrimination: Discrimination is generally wrong, but businesses should have the right to discriminate against anyone for any reason.  Then, the free market will cause people to boycott the establishment if they are really being discriminatory.

Economic Issues:
Minimum Wage: Abolish
Taxation: Consumption tax, abolish income tax
Healthcare: Repeal Obamacare, open state lines to allow competition, encourage use of HSA's
Social Security: Gradually phase out
Education: School choice and vouchers. 
Term Limits Admendment: The PEOPLE are the term limits.
Free Trade: Support without limits.  This has been one of the most discouraging things about 2016.

Iran: Repeal the Iran Deal and try to establish a secular democracy or kingdom
Iraq/Syria: Use military force to crush ISIS swiftly
PATRIOT Act: Support to stop terrorism
NSA: Support to stop terrorism
Israel/Palestine: Support Israel, our only ally in the region
Immigration: Crack down on border security to make sure no more illegals enter the country.  Abolish sanctuary cities.  But, allow anyone who will benefit our economy to come here legally.

Environment
Climate Change: Naturally occurring, nothing to worry about
Green Energy: Free the market and stop subsidizing green energy AND oil, gas, etc

Electoral Reform
Gerrymandering: Let states handle it
Term limits: It is called having elections.
Executive Agencies: Abolish about half of them, including the EPA
Voter ID: Support
Early Voting: Support (in-person only)
Absentee Voting: Not unless you are actually outside the state for the entire early voting period and on Election Day.  No voting by mail.
Primaries: Close primaries and award more delegates to states with caucus systems.  Let the voters vote in some shape or form on the delegates (I like Tennessee's system, but several are fine).  Some hybrid between proportional and WTA, moving closer to WTA (but never all the way there- maybe semi-proportional statewide and WTA by congressional district) as the convention grows closer.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies