Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 20, 2018, 02:47:29 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Individual Politics (Moderators: Torie, AndrewTX, Vice President PiT)
| | |-+  Summary of political beliefs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] Print
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 329206 times)
Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: October 31, 2017, 08:46:52 am »
Ignore

- Allow states to ban abortion with >55% of the vote at/after 24 or 30 weeks, with exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother.
- Fully support same sex marriage.
- Deport illegal immigrants convicted of felonies.
- Path to citizenship for non-felon immigrants.
- Secure border, no immigration limits, rigorous background checks and maximum of a two year wait time.
- Fully support background checks and mental health tests to buy guns.
- Healthy Americans Act.
- Wyden-Ryan Medicare Reform.
- Replace Social Security and all welfare besides SNAP/HUD funding with $12,000-$20,000 relative basic income for those making below said amount and those past the age of 65 - say, $12,000 a year for unmarried people not past retirement, $30,000 a year for a couple not past retirement; $18,000 for unmarried people past retirement, $36,000 a year for a married couple past retirement.
- Payroll Tax
15.0% payroll tax (6.5% from employer, 5.5% from employee, 1.5% each for Medicare)
- Value-Added Tax(+$530 billion)
10.5%
Rebate of up to $6,000 (with receipts) [$1,200 Credit each for up to five kids for married couple, or up to three kids for a single parent]
- Income Tax:
10%: <$9,000; <$20,000
15%: $9,000-$34,000; $20,000-$75,000
20%: $34,000-$84,000; $75,000-$150,000
30%: $84,000-$184,000; $150,000-$230,000
35%: $184,000-$374,000; $230,000-$480,000
42.5%: >$374,000; >$480,000
Child Tax Credit: $2,900 per child(up to 3 for single parent, up to 5 for married couple)
- Raise gas tax by 10-15 cents, and spend the money on infrastructure. Cut back by 15-20 cents in three years.
- Corporate Taxes:
10%: <$100,000
20%: $100,000-$600,000
39.5%: $600,000-$18.6 million
35%: >$18.6 million
- $10.50 federal minimum wage by 2022
- $64 billion NASA spending, with the goal of two bases on the Moon by 2030 and at least one very major base/colony on Mars by 2035
- $40 billion funding for Rojava, SNC, and the SDC - negotiate an alliance between these three groups.
- Stronger alliance with India.(slowly cut our relations with Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey.)
- Free trade deal with Thailand, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Mexico, Canada, New Zealand, and Argentina.
- Raise all military membersís salary by $2,000.
- International coalition of Japan, South Korea, India, Russia, the European Union, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Canada, the U. K., and America should economically pressure China into forcing Kim Jong Un down and instating Kim Han Sol into a democratic transition. If they refuse, all countries involved will reduce trade with China by, say, 60%, and place certain sanctions on them. If weíre lucky, Wang Yang might be Xi Jinpingís successor, and if that happens we have a good shot at improving relations with China.
- We should consider signing an alliance with India, South Africa, Mozambique, Indonesia, Myanmar, Kenya, Australia and Uganda. This would allow us a strong alliance over the Indian Ocean.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 07:45:33 pm by Kingpoleon »Logged

"The political lesson of Watergate is this: Never again must America allow an arrogant, elite guard of political adolescents to by-pass the regular party organization and dictate the terms of a national election." - Gerald Ford (Recent Times this happened: Reagan, Clinton, Trump, and almost Sanders)

"Good speech and good looks covers man's every vice. Plain speech and plain looks covers man's every virtue." - Yours Trult

Economic: 1.38
Social: -2.36
Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1276 on: November 23, 2017, 11:44:16 am »
Ignore

Democracy-Related Issues

Constitutional Reform: While keeping the federal system of government, I support completely rewriting the Constitution such that there would be a unicameral parliament with mixed-member proportional representation with a 5% electoral threshold, and relegating the Presidency (like the Governor-General in British Commonwealth countries) to a mainly ceremonial position.  

I also support incorporating the original ten amendments of the Bill of Rights, as well as including the right to vote, equal rights, and Free and Fair Elections amendments while strongly encouraging the various states to adopt automatic, universal voter registration.

Second Amendment: The Second Amendment was intended to be seen as protecting an individual right as with all the other original ten amendments that comprised the Bill of Rights when it was added to the Constitution.  When it was originally written, 'militia' connoted the entirety of the citizenry, not just a government-created body.  

Accordingly, I support concealed-carry, castle-doctrine laws, and other liberalizing measures. I strongly oppose gun-bans at any governmental level.  However, as with every other amendment, there are limits.

With greater freedom comes greater responsibility in using that freedom, and it is in that spirit that I support measures like mandatory firearms training and universal background checks before any gun or permit is issued, to ensure that the unorganized citizens' militia is well-trained and well-regulated.

District of Columbia: Support having the non-federal areas of DC retroceded to Maryland as the city of Washington, thereby enabling the residents within to be represented at all levels of government.  

Social/Cultural Hot-Button issues

Women's Rights: I support measures closing the gender wage gap including raising the minimum wage, fair scheduling practices, pay transparency, universal childcare, paid sick leave, and paid family care leave.  

I also support the final ratification of the UN conventions on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women, and the Rights of the Child.  

Gay Rights: I applaud the Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage nationwide, and support the passage of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act banning LGBT discrimination in the workplace, as well as other efforts to ensure that the LGBT community is accepted as full and equal members in our society.  

Race: Favor keeping racial/ethnic preferences for college/university applicants while adding new emphasis on socio-economic status and poverty.  Support ending housing discrimination against racial/ethnic minorities, as well as fixing and preserving Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (instead of scrapping them); the full restoration and re-authorization of the Voting Rights Act; ending the abuse of authority by law-enforcement agencies; and ending the 'War on Drugs' beginning with overturning the Controlled Substances Act, criminal justice reform including ending mandatory minimum sentencing, and instead treat the drug war as a public health issue.

Economic issues

Secondary Education: Favor adapting the Finland education model to the United States, including a major expansion in after-school tutoring programs as well as universal pre-school education; and changing the traditional school year to a year-round schedule for struggling schools.  

Higher Education: Support making community colleges and vocational schools tuition-free, and encouraging prospective college students to fulfill their introductory course requirements in a community college, while subsequently completing their bachelor's and master's degrees in the four years they will spend at a traditional college/university.    

Tax Code: In addition to closing tax loopholes, raising taxes on capital gains and dividends, preserving the estate tax, and setting the top individual income tax rate at 50%, I favor tax reforms including lowering the corporate income tax alongside cracking down on overseas tax havens, and introducing the Value-Added Tax (superseding all preceding sales and use taxes) tied with cash rebates via smart cards for less affluent Americans.

Entitlement programs: With the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act effectively gutted by Trump's executive orders, I now support Medicare-for-All.

To ensure the future of Medicare and Social Security for generations to come (and perhaps even expanding them), I favor allowing Medicare to negotiate drug prices, raising the payroll tax as well as eliminating the cap on it, tie the COLA to the Consumer Price Index for the Elderly, and gradually raise the retirement age to 70.  

Free Trade: Strongly support free trade, and favor the establishment of the Free Trade Area of the Americas, the Trans-Pacific Partnership, trans-Atlantic free trade agreements with the European Union and the United Kingdom, and the completion of the Doha Development Round of the World Trade Organization.

Also support transforming the African Growth and Opportunity Act into a free trade agreement.

To ease the economic disruption caused in part by these trade agreements, I favor replacing the inadequate and ineffective Trade Adjustment Assistance program with a more muscular alternative, along with the repeal of the Taft-Hartley Act in its entirety, and passage of the Employee Free Choice Act.

Immigration Reform: I fully support the passage of the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act, and oppose the construction of a border wall.

Energy Independence: I support the federal coal-leasing program; increasing investments into clean coal technology; strictly regulating the fracking practices of the natural gas industry; as well as lifting the ban on exporting liquefied natural gas and oil, especially to Europe.  

In addition, I favor expanding research into nuclear fusion; newer forms of nuclear fission technology; increasing investments into hydrogen fuel-cell technologies, and alternative renewable energy sources like wind, solar, geothermal, and biomass among others; better battery storage technology for utilities; rebuilding our electrical grid to make it more compatible with renewables; promoting energy efficiency in government as well as in private industry, using the LEED Green Building Rating System as a model; tax credits for hybrid vehicles; increasing fuel economy standards for newer vehicles; and introducing a nationwide carbon tax.

I also support opening Yucca Mountain as a storage site for spent nuclear waste, as well as increasing our capacity for reprocessing spent nuclear fuel so that they can be reused and to reduce the total amount of waste that would have to be sent there.

Infrastructure: To ensure sustainable economic growth for decades to come, we need to rebuild and expand our infrastructure for the 21st century and beyond.  A key element of that would be the creation of a national infrastructure bank, with a portfolio covering everything from transportation to water/sanitation systems.

Foreign Policy

Support the ratification of the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea, and an expansion of foreign aid through the Millennium Challenge Corporation.  Advocate cultivating our relations with India through such agreements like the U.S.-India Civil Nuclear Agreement, with the ultimate objective of making India into an ally as special and important to the United States as the United Kingdom is today.  Support reforming military procurement and compensation costs, as well as reshaping our military to better handle the twin challenges of counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency, including a major expansion of the Special Forces and the Counterterrorism Partnerships Fund.

Favor moving our bases in Germany and Italy to Poland and Romania as part of a broader strategy to counter and contain Russian revanchism, as well as gradually moving US military units from Okinawa to Guam and the Philippines to deter Chinese aggression.  Support rebuilding and increasing the size of our navy (as well as building a twelfth carrier strike group, to be assigned to the Pacific Fleet), the modernization of our nuclear arsenal, and expansion of our missile defense system to better protect our allies, and keeping our armed forces on the cutting edge technologically to meet any threat posed.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:46:38 am by Frodo »Logged

King Lear
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: December 09, 2017, 12:53:46 am »
Ignore

Economic views: I support single-payer healthcare, free-tuition at public universities, 15 dollar national minumum wage, raising the top marginal tax rate to 50%, eliminating the cap on social security taxes, and withdrawing from NAFTA and the WTO.
Social views: I support abortion rights, same-sex marriage, a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, restoring the federal assault weapons ban, marijuana legalization, and abolishing capital punishment.
Foreign policy views: I believe the United States should not use military action against any country that has not attacked us first and I believe we should close down most of our overseas military bases, and end all foreign aid along with withdrawing from NATO, finally I believe we should prioritize funding our Nuclear triad (which would have a No-first use policy) over our bloated conventional forces.

My 2018 Senate Ratings Map

Dark/Medium/Light Red=Safe/Likely/Lean Democratic
Green=Tossup
Dark/Medium/Light Blue=Safe/Likely/Lean Republican
YE
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.19, S: -1.69

View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: December 16, 2017, 12:27:50 am »
Ignore

Ideology
Social: Center on some issues, left on others
Economic: Social democrat
Foreign Policy: Dovish
Political Registration: D-NV

Social Policy
Abortion: Pro-choice. Support Planned Parenthood, support not allowing states to defund it and overturn the Hyde Amendment.

Same-Sex Marriage: Duh.

Transgender Issues: Use the restroom of their gender, not the one they were born with.

Drugs: War on Drugs is a disaster. Legalize, tax, and regulate drugs, starting with weed, but one legalization at a time.

Death Penalty: Oppose and pro-lifers who support this are massive hypocrites.

Gun Control: Close gun show loophole and expand background checks. Anything else is too far, and I'd go as far as saying blue states go too far with this.

Affirmative Action: Support.

Prostitution: No; women shouldn't be bribec to have sex.

Euthanasia: Oppose on moral grounds, along with physician assisted suicide.

Immigration: Keep the border secure, deport criminals who are here illegally, citizenship to all illegals if they aren't criminals and pay taxes in 10 years.

Police Issues/Black Lives Matter: Pro-BLM and oppose police brutality and hold officers accountable.

Free Speech/Political Correctness: Pro-free speech, but the GOP are massive hypocrites on this. They are so quick to call college students at California who shut down right wing speakers SJW (correctly), but anytime a Democrat says something un-American, the have a thin skin and get defensive, basically becoming right wind SJW's. Political Correctness is necessary in order to protect politics from staying civil, and oftentimes "telling it how it is" is a code word for racism on the right

School Prayer: Status quo.

Muslim Ban: No.

PATRIOT ACT/NSA Spying: Need a warrant

Economic Issues
Minimum Wage: Raise to $15 at a rate of 50 cents per year, then index to inflation.

Social Security: Lift the taxable income cap, and cut the income tax rates to help pay for Medicare for All. Do not support expanding the program. And no Social Security is not broke contrary to whatever the GOP wants you to think.

Healthcare: Support Medicare for All, similar to Bernie's bill, but phased in over a longer period of time. Second choice would be a public option. Also support drug imports from Canada, whose markets are already tightly regulated, and allow the federal government to negotiate drug prices with drug companies.

Globalization/Trade: Support free trade in theory, but that doesn't make every free trade deal good. Oppose TPP, support re-negotiation of NAFTA.

Deficit/Debt: Debt doesn't matter. Deficits don't if there's a recession, but do if the economy is good and all Americans are prospering.

Campaign Finance Reform: Limits on donations to all campaigns, congressional campaign committees, and state/national parties, with guaranteed public funding. Gut SuperPacs and corporate Pac money. Also limit how much you could self-fund your campaign.

Unions: Get rid of the Taft-Hartley Act that created right to work, which was created y the Republicans in attempt to undercut unions.

Energy: Pro-solar. Pro-wind. Pro-nuclear. Anti-coal.

Job Creation: A second new deal. Infrastructure redevelopment across the Rust Belt for not just better roads, but better sewer and drainage systems, as well nationwide broadband. Also need tighter building codes and larger seawalls to withstand natural disasters like hurricanes.

Education: Support common core, make in-state college free, universal childcare, support full day kindergarten, and universal pre-K.

Taxes: Raise marginal tax rates on wealthy when appropriate. Would like to see the top 1% pay as much as they did in an effective tax rates to prior to Reagan. Also support a carbon tax and a tax on Wall Street speculation. Repeal the Bill Clinton capital gains tax cut, Trump's income tax cuts, Bush's tax cuts, expand earned income tax credit, hijack the coporate tax rate back up to 30%.

Other economic issues: Paid family medical leave by law (12 weeks for maternity leave 2 weeks for paternity leave). 10 days of vacation time by law.

Foreign Policy
Middle East: Get out. None of the countries unilaterally have attacked us. Fully support the Iran Deal. Oh, and quit funding Saudi Arabia as they continue to massacre civilians in Yemen and show respect to international law. I'm not a Pacifist, however. If there's a genocide or illegal occupation, aid, and if necessary, military should be used, but you have to go through the UN first.

Syria Refuges: Support Obama era policies but we can only take so many and we have to ensure we maintain the proper vetting.

Israel/Palestine: If I were alive in 1948, I wouldn't have favored the creation of Israel. But this is 2017, not 1948. Favor two internationally recognized states with 1967 border (and no the Palestine state should not be free of Jews Hamas). I'm no fan of Israel, but Palestine aren't exactly angels either. Oppose BDS, since pressure is needed on Palestine too.

North Korea: Go back to Bill Clinton's foreign policy towards North Korea.

Russia: Supported sanctions for electing melding, and annexing Crimea. But we should avoid war with them unless they attack us unilaterally.

Climate Change
Anthropogenic Climate change is real and is naturally occurring. Support increasing funding towards climate change, with an increased emphasis on aerosols. Oppose efforts to privatize NOAA. Support Paris Climate Agreement but it needs to be enforceable. Also increased money towards weather forecasting, most notably to improve the US based Global Forecast System.

Electoral Reform
Electoral College Reform: Support to avoid the smaller states from being screwed over but expand the size of the house.

Gerrymandering: Oppose. Support independent commission with guidelines on not splitting up COI for both congressional and legislative seats.

Term limits: Oppose for legislative seats, support for executive seats.

Voter ID: Oppose.

Instant Run-off Voting: Support

Primaries: Let the states decide, but all states should hold the presidential and statewide office primaries on the same day, eliminating the urge for caucuses.

Statehood: Make D.C., Guam, and Puerto Rico as states, along with maybe the NMI and the Virgin Islands (or combine them with PR/Guam). Let American Samoa be its own nation or be annexed by Western Samoa.

Voting age: Let states decide on whether it should be lowered to 16.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:44:16 am by YE »Logged
Jon698

View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 26, 2018, 07:43:07 pm »
Ignore

Social Policy
Abortion: Don`t care if you have one
Drugs: Should be treated like alcohol, if you want it to be banned in your state or county then you can have it banned if you don`t then it will be legal there
Gay Marriage: Support
Death penalty: Support
Church and State: Uphold First and Fourteenth Amendment
Stem cell research: Support
PATRIOT Act: Repeal as violation of Fourth Amendment
Gun control: Fine where it is
Assisted suicide: Neutral
Gambling: Allow it

Electoral Reform
Term Limits: Only for president, vice-president and governors
Statehood: Oppose none of the current territories are large enough or are too much like Latin and South American countries
Voting Age: 18.
Gerrymandering: Should be drawn by independent, non partisan commissions
Voter ID: Support voter id laws

Economic Issues
Minimum Wage: Raise it
Taxation: Keep present tax levels
Healthcare: Support ACA, but it could be improved
Military: Should have its budget cut and end pointless programs like the F-35

Foreign Policy
War: Should only defend countries that are being invaded
Israel-Palestine: Israel should keep its current borders
Nukes: Neutral
Foreign Aid: Against when it is given to countries that are extremely corrupt since it would just be embezzled from
Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: January 27, 2018, 01:40:57 am »
Ignore

Social Policy
Drugs: Should be treated like alcohol, if you want it to be banned in your state or county then you can have it banned if you don`t then it will be legal there

Electoral Reform
Statehood: Oppose none of the current territories are large enough or are too much like Latin and South American countries

Economic Issues

Foreign Policy
Foreign Aid: Against when it is given to countries that are extremely corrupt since it would just be embezzled from

Is that code for ďPuerto Rico and D. C. are too Hispanic?Ē

"The political lesson of Watergate is this: Never again must America allow an arrogant, elite guard of political adolescents to by-pass the regular party organization and dictate the terms of a national election." - Gerald Ford (Recent Times this happened: Reagan, Clinton, Trump, and almost Sanders)

"Good speech and good looks covers man's every vice. Plain speech and plain looks covers man's every virtue." - Yours Trult

Jon698

View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: January 27, 2018, 12:16:44 pm »
Ignore

Social Policy

Electoral Reform

Economic Issues

Foreign Policy

Is that code for ďPuerto Rico and D. C. are too Hispanic?Ē

No I meant that the government acts like the ones in Latin and South America and one of the major political parties are against statehood. Also I don`t know why you are talking about Washington D.C since only nine percent of its population is Hispanic.
Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 28, 2018, 01:18:27 am »
Ignore

How does D. C. act like a Latin American government? How does Puerto Rico?

Puerto Rico has a pretty successful government that, much like our own, has fallen too heavily into debt.

Jon698

View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: January 28, 2018, 11:16:31 am »
Ignore

Puerto Rico has a pretty successful government that, much like our own, has fallen too heavily into debt.

You were the one that brought up D.C. I was talking about the oversea territories.
Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: January 28, 2018, 03:00:37 pm »
Ignore

You were the one that brought up D.C. I was talking about the oversea territories.

Okay. How does Puerto Rico?

First Degree Burns
Firstdegreeburns
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: February 15, 2018, 07:01:25 pm »
Ignore

Social Issues

Abortion
- Support a 20-week ban with the exception of danger to the life of mother
- Support Planned Parenthood as long as funding isnít used for abortions

LGBTQ+ Rights
- Support same sex marriage and adoption
- Sexual orientation should be protected by anti-discrimination laws
- Please go to the bathroom with your assigned gender at birth
- Allow voluntary conversion therapy
- No issue with LGBTQ+ citizens in the military

Guns:
- Support background checks
- Prevent those who are unfit from obtaining a gun (ex. extreme cases of mental/psychological disability, those who have a record of violent crime - especially gun related charges, etc.)
- Do not support gun bans and magazine limits
- Support both open and concealed carry

Drugs
- Support full legalization of marijuana
- Support decriminalization of harder stuff, prefer focusing on addiction as a mental illness vs. a crime

Religious Freedom
- Should be protected
- The government should not force citizens or businesses to operate against their religious views

Death Penalty
- Support for extreme cases where the crime is especially heinous and there is no doubt about who committed the crime (ex. serial killers, terrorists, etc.)

Euthanasia
- Support as long as the patient is terminally ill and expected to live 6 months or less
- Patient must be of sound mind to make the decision, must not be a result of mental illness
- Doctor cannot be forced to perform the procedure, but should be able to recommend one who will

Immigration
- Create a pathway to citizenship for all non-violent immigrants, deport ones who are violent
- Oppose making English official language, but basic knowledge should be required
- Increase border security, but make the process of legally coming here easier

Confederate Flags/Monuments
- History should not be erased, do not support removing
- Should be protected from desecration
- Would prefer a plaque or sign placing them in context vs removal or placement in museums
- If people want to fly it, let them fly it.

Political Correctness
- People these days take it way too far
- Know your audience and try not to be a jerk
- It's not that serious

Economic Issues

Minimum Wage
- Should be increased, but rate should determined based on cost of living in the areas where people reside, though support keeping a reasonable federal minimum wage to avoid people being taken advantage of
- Definitely no federal increase to $15
- Adjust with inflation
- Businesses should not be placed at risk

Trade
- Support some fair trade. Itís incredibly crucial to re-negotiate and doing a better job with future deals so American businesses and industries are not harmed.
- Support tariffs on select imports to protect American industries.

Taxes
- No huge issues with current tax rates, though we need to be better about how we are using the money
- Simplify the tax code to make it easier for people to understand

Environment

Climate Change
- Climate change is real, and caused by humans and is natural
- In favor of putting in place limits on carbon dioxide output

Renewable Energy
- Strongly support new forms of nuclear power
- Support investing in solar, wind, and hydroelectric power.
- Support phasing out of fossil fuel usage

Used fhtagnís format, didnít need to change much.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:48:50 am by First Degree Burns »Logged

America's Sweetheart ❤
TexArkana
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: February 15, 2018, 08:16:59 pm »
Ignore

Social Issues

Abortion
- Support a 20-week ban with the exception of danger to the life of mother
- Support Planned Parenthood as long as funding isnít used for abortions

LGBTQ+ Rights
- Support same sex marriage and adoption
- Sexual orientation should be protected by anti-discrimination laws
- Anyone can use whichever bathroom they want
- Allow voluntary conversion therapy
- No issue with LGBTQ+ citizens in the military

Guns:
- Support background checks
- Prevent those who are unfit from obtaining a gun (ex. extreme cases of mental/psychological disability, those who have a record of violent crime - especially gun related charges, etc.)
- Do not support gun bans and magazine limits
- Support both open and concealed carry

Drugs
- Support full legalization of marijuana
- Support decriminalization of harder stuff, prefer focusing on addiction as a mental illness vs. a crime

Religious Freedom
- Should be protected
- The government should not force citizens or businesses to operate against their religious views

Death Penalty
- Support for extreme cases where the crime is especially heinous and there is no doubt about who committed the crime (ex. serial killers, terrorists, etc.)

Euthanasia
- Support as long as the patient is terminally ill and expected to live 6 months or less
- Patient must be of sound mind to make the decision, must not be a result of mental illness
- Doctor cannot be forced to perform the procedure, but should be able to recommend one who will

Immigration
- Create a pathway to citizenship for all non-violent immigrants, deport ones who are violent
- Oppose making English official language, but basic knowledge should be required
- Increase border security, but make the process of legally coming here easier

Confederate Flags/Monuments
- History should not be erased, do not support removing
- Should be protected from desecration
- Would prefer a plaque or sign placing them in context vs removal or placement in museums
- If people want to fly it, let them fly it.

Political Correctness
- People these days take it way too far
- Know your audience and try not to be a jerk
- It's not that serious

Economic Issues

Minimum Wage
- Should be increased, but rate should determined based on cost of living in the areas where people reside, though support keeping a reasonable federal minimum wage to avoid people being taken advantage of
- Definitely no federal increase to $15
- Adjust with inflation
- Businesses should not be placed at risk

Trade
- Support some fair trade. Itís incredibly crucial to re-negotiate and doing a better job with future deals so American businesses and industries are not harmed.
- Support tariffs on select imports to protect American industries.

Taxes
- No huge issues with current tax rates, though we need to be better about how we are using the money
- Simplify the tax code to make it easier for people to understand

Environment

Climate Change
- Climate change is real, and caused by humans and is natural
- In favor of putting in place limits on carbon dioxide output

Renewable Energy
- Strongly support new forms of nuclear power
- Support investing in solar, wind, and hydroelectric power.
- Support phasing out of fossil fuel usage

Used fhtagnís format, didnít need to change much.
I'm very confused right now. you seem like an alt-right type and yet most of your stated views here are centrist or even slightly left-of-center.

"For it is both a great honor, and my righteous duty, to eat that booty" - Abraham Lincoln

God is a big, beautiful black woman named Arianna.

Booty obsession
First Degree Burns
Firstdegreeburns
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: February 16, 2018, 05:37:44 am »
Ignore

I'm very confused right now. you seem like an alt-right type and yet most of your stated views here are centrist or even slightly left-of-center.

Prolly because I donít give af about certain social issues, the only ones that really matter to me are trade, immigration and energy... Iíve never been alt-right and it just looks like it cuz I troll 90% of the time. My views might be centrish I guess but ISideWith still has Trump at 84% for me.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 06:08:49 am by First Degree Burns »Logged

America's Sweetheart ❤
TexArkana
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: February 16, 2018, 08:15:55 pm »
Ignore

Prolly because I donít give af about certain social issues, the only ones that really matter to me are trade, immigration and energy... Iíve never been alt-right and it just looks like it cuz I troll 90% of the time. My views might be centrish I guess but ISideWith still has Trump at 84% for me.
You sound moderate on immigration and energy as well, definitely not an alt-right reactionary type.

"For it is both a great honor, and my righteous duty, to eat that booty" - Abraham Lincoln

God is a big, beautiful black woman named Arianna.

Booty obsession
YE
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.19, S: -1.69

View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: February 19, 2018, 03:44:43 am »
Ignore

Ideology
Social: Center on some issues, left on others
Economic: Social democrat
Foreign Policy: Dovish
Political Registration: D-NV

Social Policy
Abortion: Pro-choice. Support Planned Parenthood, support not allowing states to defund it and overturn the Hyde Amendment.

Same-Sex Marriage: Duh.

Transgender Issues: Use the restroom of their gender, not the one they were born with.

Drugs: War on Drugs is a disaster. Legalize, tax, and regulate drugs, starting with weed, but one legalization at a time.

Death Penalty: Oppose and pro-lifers who support this are massive hypocrites.

Gun Control: Close gun show loophole and expand background checks. Anything else is too far, and I'd go as far as saying blue states go too far with this.

Affirmative Action: Support.

Prostitution: No; women shouldn't be bribec to have sex.

Euthanasia: Oppose on moral grounds, along with physician assisted suicide.

Immigration: Keep the border secure, deport criminals who are here illegally, citizenship to all illegals if they aren't criminals and pay taxes in 10 years.

Police Issues/Black Lives Matter: Pro-BLM and oppose police brutality and hold officers accountable.

Free Speech/Political Correctness: Pro-free speech, but the GOP are massive hypocrites on this. They are so quick to call college students at California who shut down right wing speakers SJW (correctly), but anytime a Democrat says something un-American, the have a thin skin and get defensive, basically becoming right wind SJW's. Political Correctness is necessary in order to protect politics from staying civil, and oftentimes "telling it how it is" is a code word for racism on the right

School Prayer: Status quo.

Muslim Ban: No.

PATRIOT ACT/NSA Spying: Need a warrant

Economic Issues
Minimum Wage: Raise to $15 at a rate of 50 cents per year, then index to inflation.

Social Security: Lift the taxable income cap, and cut the income tax rates to help pay for Medicare for All. Do not support expanding the program. And no Social Security is not broke contrary to whatever the GOP wants you to think.

Healthcare: Support Medicare for All, similar to Bernie's bill, but phased in over a longer period of time. Second choice would be a public option. Also support drug imports from Canada, whose markets are already tightly regulated, and allow the federal government to negotiate drug prices with drug companies.

Globalization/Trade: Support free trade in theory, but that doesn't make every free trade deal good. Oppose TPP, support re-negotiation of NAFTA.

Deficit/Debt: Debt doesn't matter. Deficits don't if there's a recession, but do if the economy is good and all Americans are prospering.

Campaign Finance Reform: Limits on donations to all campaigns, congressional campaign committees, and state/national parties, with guaranteed public funding. Gut SuperPacs and corporate Pac money. Also limit how much you could self-fund your campaign.

Unions: Get rid of the Taft-Hartley Act that created right to work, which was created y the Republicans in attempt to undercut unions.

Energy: Pro-solar. Pro-wind. Pro-nuclear. Anti-coal.

Job Creation: A second new deal. Infrastructure redevelopment across the Rust Belt for not just better roads, but better sewer and drainage systems, as well nationwide broadband. Also need tighter building codes and larger seawalls to withstand natural disasters like hurricanes.

Education: Support common core, make in-state college free, universal childcare, support full day kindergarten, and universal pre-K.

Taxes: Raise marginal tax rates on wealthy when appropriate. Would like to see the top 1% pay as much as they did in an effective tax rates to prior to Reagan. Also support a carbon tax and a tax on Wall Street speculation. Repeal the Bill Clinton capital gains tax cut, Trump's income tax cuts, Bush's tax cuts, expand earned income tax credit, hijack the coporate tax rate back up to 30%.

Other economic issues: Paid family medical leave by law (12 weeks for maternity leave 2 weeks for paternity leave). 10 days of vacation time by law.

Foreign Policy
Middle East: Get out. None of the countries unilaterally have attacked us. Fully support the Iran Deal. Oh, and quit funding Saudi Arabia as they continue to massacre civilians in Yemen and show respect to international law. I'm not a Pacifist, however. If there's a genocide or illegal occupation, aid, and if necessary, military should be used, but you have to go through the UN first.

Syria Refuges: Support Obama era policies but we can only take so many and we have to ensure we maintain the proper vetting.

Israel/Palestine: If I were alive in 1948, I wouldn't have favored the creation of Israel. But this is 2017, not 1948. Favor two internationally recognized states with 1967 border (and no the Palestine state should not be free of Jews Hamas). I'm no fan of Israel, but Palestine aren't exactly angels either. Oppose BDS, since pressure is needed on Palestine too.

North Korea: Go back to Bill Clinton's foreign policy towards North Korea.

Russia: Supported sanctions for electing melding, and annexing Crimea. But we should avoid war with them unless they attack us unilaterally.

Climate Change
Anthropogenic Climate change is real and is naturally occurring. Support increasing funding towards climate change, with an increased emphasis on aerosols. Oppose efforts to privatize NOAA. Support Paris Climate Agreement but it needs to be enforceable. Also increased money towards weather forecasting, most notably to improve the US based Global Forecast System.

Electoral Reform
Electoral College Reform: Support to avoid the smaller states from being screwed over but expand the size of the house.

Gerrymandering: Oppose. Support independent commission with guidelines on not splitting up COI for both congressional and legislative seats.

Term limits: Oppose for legislative seats, support for executive seats.

Voter ID: Oppose.

Instant Run-off Voting: Support

Primaries: Let the states decide, but all states should hold the presidential and statewide office primaries on the same day, eliminating the urge for caucuses.

Statehood: Make D.C., Guam, and Puerto Rico as states, along with maybe the NMI and the Virgin Islands (or combine them with PR/Guam). Let American Samoa be its own nation or be annexed by Western Samoa.

Voting age: Let states decide on whether it should be lowered to 16.

Updated.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout