Mississippi 2015 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:07:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Mississippi 2015 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mississippi 2015 Megathread  (Read 83245 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 01, 2014, 08:01:11 PM »

Thank you!

It looks like Brandon Presley might run for Governor.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 09:09:41 PM »

Unfortunately, I think Bryant will run for re-election and if he does, he's pretty much guaranteed. He's actually younger than I thought (59) and is like any typical far-right conservative by denying his state Medicaid coverage and trying to close down the last abortion clinic in the state, so I don't see why anyone would challenge him from his right. 

IIRC, the Attorney General of Mississippi isn't term-limited, so if I were Jim Hood, I would just run for another term in 2015 and hold out until 2019 when Bryant's forced to step down. Presley could run if he wanted to, but I don't see him running either and I think MS Dems will probably end up with a State Rep running. At least that way, Democrats can put more focus on holding KY and trying to win LA.

Yeah, this is where I'm at. If in 2015, Dems pick up Louisiana (a feat that's not entirely impossible), and hold Kentucky, it will be a good day.

If a Democrat get's 40% in Mississippi, that would be great too.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 04:11:14 PM »

I think it's good to pick somewhat capable people in these kind of races so that if the Republican says something really bad and they get elected they're not horrible in the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies