Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:40:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 557675 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: July 12, 2008, 07:14:24 PM »

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 09:27:22 PM »

Social Issues

General philosophy: libertarian/mixed

Abortion: I support upholding Roe v. Wade. Keep abortion legal but ban partial birth.
Separation of church and state: support? But I think we are going overboard in removing religion from the public square. It's becoming ridiculous.
Marriage: State issue. I oppose a constitutional amendment and favor civil unions.
Affirmative Action: It's a racist policy. Get rid of it.
Gun rights: Background checks on guns and registration. No waiting periods.
Death Penalty: Support, but leave it to the states.
Censorship: Not the government's job. Let people decide on their own.
Flag burning: Oppose any amendment to ban burning it, but I could care less. I won't be burning our flag.
Hate crimes: Oppose any legislation. You can't prove any kind of hate...
Hate speech: How can we deem something is hate speech? It's a slippery slope to censorship.
Smoking: General support public banning since it can harm others.
Alcohol consumption: Keep where they are. No need to try to lowering it again.
Euthanasia: Leave to states. Support.
Drugs: Oppose legalizing drugs..
Gambling: Support legalizing.
Prostitution: Legalize brothels. Street-walking is too hard to regulate and keep clean, so keep it illegal.
Embryonic Stem Cell Research: Support. I would rather it be privately funded, but use government funds if we must.
Immigration: Path to citizenship, secure borders, allow illegals who are not criminals to register and pay taxes.

Economic Issues

General Philosophy: Capitalist

Taxes: Keep Bush tax cuts but only if we are cutting spending. Do not raise taxes during a recession.
Employers and Employees: No protection for either side. Striking - legal, firing striking employees - legal.
Free trade: Strongly Support. Benefits everyone.
Spending: Cut military and entitlement costs. There is too much waste in the military budget and we do not need to be running a welfare service.
Social Security: Privatize.
Space Program: I generally support our space program. We need it to remain a power.
Welfare: I support the reforms Clinton made in 94. It's a shame they are going away.
Healthcare: Universal healthcare for children and the poor. Many elderly don't need medicare (why does the government pay for my grandfather's health insurance when he makes $300,000 off dividends?)
Education: Increase funding, but give states more control over it. Our education system went to hell when the federal government got more involved.

Foreign Issues

General Philosophy: Neo-con

Democracy and Trade: Nations that trade rarely attack each other. It's good diplomacy.
United Nations: Pull out of the UN. It's a useless organization nowadays.
Iraq: Supported initially, but oppose now. However, we are winning the war there now and we need to finish it. Not the time for silly timetables and hurried withdrawals.
Israel: Apathetic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies