Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:56:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 561945 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: April 30, 2016, 06:26:21 PM »
« edited: April 30, 2016, 10:16:08 PM by ExtremeRepublican »

Ideology

Social: Far-right
Economic: As right as it gets, but these issues are less important than social ones
National Security: Neo-con

Social Policy:
Abortion: 100% pro-life- THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE FACING OUR COUNTRY TODAY
Gay Marriage: Marriage should be between one man and one woman.  Of course, no one should have to provide service to a gay "wedding".
Drugs: Against
Stem Cell Research: None from aborted babies, adult stem cell research is fine
Death Penalty: Support in the most extreme of cases
Gun control: Oppose
Affirmative Action: Completely unconstitutional
Prayer in School: Allow individual students to pray as they choose
Transgender Bathrooms: Use bathrooms based on your birth gender (I have never been given proof that transgenderism is a real thing)

Economic Issues:
Minimum Wage: $0.00
Right-to-Work: In all 50 states and then get rid of unions
Taxation: National sales tax (we got along just fine with no income tax pre-1913)
Healthcare: Remove all restrictions on the free market, focus on HSAs to make consumers more cost-conscious
Social Security: Privatize it
Education: School choice and vouchers.  Make options for what grade school to go to more like college choices.
Balanced Budget Amendment: Support
Personhood Admendment: Support
Term Limits Admendment: Oppose
Free Trade: Support 100%- NAFTA, NATO, and the TPP make us all better off.  We should have no trade restrictions with any country that we aren't trying to punish.

Foreign Policy and National Security
Iran: Do not negotiate with terrorists
Iraq/Syria: Do anything necessary to combat ISIS
Military Spending: Increase
PATRIOT Act: Absolutely, and people who say no baffle me
NSA Spying: If you don't like it, what are you hiding?
Israel/Palestine: Support our only ally in a hostile region
Immigration: Make legal immigration easier, but crack down on border security.  We can't reasonably deport every illegal immigrant, but we have to never give illegals citizenship.

Environment
Climate Change: Natural, the Earth has gone through cycles forever
Green Energy: Let the free market decide
Keystone XL Pipeline: Support

Electoral Reform
Electoral College Reform: Oppose
Gerrymandering: Keep it as it is
Presidential term: Only 2 Terms
Public Financing: No
Term limits: No
Voter ID: Support to combat voter fraud
Primaries: More caucuses
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 05:24:13 PM »

Overview
Social: Conservative
Economic: Conservative
National Security: Hawkish
Party Affiliation : Republican

Social Policy:
Abortion: 100% Pro-Life, no exceptions
Gay Marriage: 1 Man, 1 Woman, Always
Drug Laws: Keep all illegal drugs illegal and take societial steps to lower alcohol use
Stem Cell Research: Never from aborted babies, otherwise fine
Death Penalty: Support only for mass murder
Increased Gun control: Oppose
Prayer in School: Allow individual students to pray as they choose
Sex: Work in the culture to stigmatize any sex outside of a serious relationship.  Strongly condemn hookups and one night stands.
Transgender Bathrooms: Oppose- you are a man or a woman at birth and can't change it
Religious Liberty/Freedom of Conscience: No one who doesn't want to should have to have anything to do with a gay "wedding"
Discrimination: Discrimination is generally wrong, but businesses should have the right to discriminate against anyone for any reason.  Then, the free market will cause people to boycott the establishment if they are really being discriminatory.

Economic Issues:
Minimum Wage: Abolish
Right-to-Work: Support
Taxation: Consumption tax, abolish income tax
Healthcare: Repeal Obamacare, open state lines to allow competition, encourage use of HSA's
Social Security: Gradually phase out
Education: School choice and vouchers. 
Balanced Budget Amendment: Support
Term Limits Admendment: The PEOPLE are the term limits.
Free Trade: Support without limits.  This has been one of the most discouraging things about 2016.

Foreign Policy and National Security
Iran: Repeal the Iran Deal and try to establish a secular democracy or kingdom
Iraq/Syria: Use military force to crush ISIS swiftly
Military Spending: Increase
PATRIOT Act: Support to stop terrorism
NSA: Support to stop terrorism
Israel/Palestine: Support Israel, our only ally in the region
Immigration: Crack down on border security to make sure no more illegals enter the country.  Abolish sanctuary cities.  But, allow anyone who will benefit our economy to come here legally.

Environment
Climate Change: Naturally occurring, nothing to worry about
Green Energy: Free the market and stop subsidizing green energy AND oil, gas, etc
Keystone XL Pipeline: Support

Electoral Reform
Electoral College Reform: Oppose
Gerrymandering: Let states handle it
Presidential term: Only 2 Terms
Public Financing: No
Term limits: It is called having elections.
Executive Agencies: Abolish about half of them, including the EPA
Voter ID: Support
Early Voting: Support (in-person only)
Absentee Voting: Not unless you are actually outside the state for the entire early voting period and on Election Day.  No voting by mail.
Primaries: Close primaries and award more delegates to states with caucus systems.  Let the voters vote in some shape or form on the delegates (I like Tennessee's system, but several are fine).  Some hybrid between proportional and WTA, moving closer to WTA (but never all the way there- maybe semi-proportional statewide and WTA by congressional district) as the convention grows closer.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 09:08:59 PM »

Overall: I’d consider myself a moderate on most areas. All things being equal I’m going to vote Democrat but in many instances I will vote Republican. As I did in the 2012 MA Senate race. I came damn close to voting for Romney that year as well. Moderate Democrat sums me up perfectly. My “perfect politician” if there is such a thing, has already existed: his name is John F Kennedy. Literally everything he believed in, I believe in.

Abortion: Pro-Choice. Abortion should be legal up to 20 weeks. 20-24 weeks only in case rape/incest. After 24 weeks only to save life of mother.

Kennedy was staunchly pro-life
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 11:27:57 PM »

Religion: Full ban on proselytizing. Period. I don't care about your religion, and I don't want to hear your stupid ing protests at military funerals for no reason. And for all you southern baptists- your church was founded for the sole purpose of justifying slavery. Also increase hate crime enforcement to protect Jews and Muslims (lol ER be like 'Growing hostility towards Christians in this country).

Wow, edgy!  How exactly would you go about banning evangelism without stopping free speech and free exercise of religion (since following Jesus's command before ascending into Heaven requires evangelism)?

Also, no serious Christian protests military funerals.  The Westboro Baptist "Church" isn't authentic Biblical Christianity.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 01:28:52 AM »

Honestly, I've drifted a lot towards only caring about a small subset of social issues in recent years, but I'll try this:

Social Issues
Abortion: 100% Pro-life, no exceptions.  Needs to be illegal federally.  There is no situation you can create where abortion is justified (no, treating an ectopic pregnancy is not an abortion)
Birth Control: Overturn Griswold v. Connecticut and ban anything that thins the lining of the uterus (due to the potential of preventing implantation after fertilization).
Same-Sex Marriage: Oppose
Divorce: Abolish no-fault divorce
Legalization of Drugs: Oppose, but we can have discussions about sentencing.  Also ban tobacco (with a two year lead-time).
Gun Control: Mostly oppose, but background checks are OK
Prostitution: Oppose
Affirmative Action: Oppose
Reparations: Oppose
Police Reform/BLM: BLM did raise some legitimate points, but often overgeneralized them.  Probably would be helpful to have police forces draw as locally as possible.  Police officers who mistreat people on account of race should be let go immediately.
Private Prisons: No opinion
Big Tech: I lean towards saying that major social media platforms shouldn't restrict speech heavily and should abide by the principles of the First Amendment, but I'm ambivalent on whether to legally enforce that.
Free Speech: Support
PATRIOT Act: Lean support, as long as it's used appropriately
Eminent Domain: No opinion
Immigration: Pro-immigration but also pro-border security.  Against mass deportations.
Mask Mandates: Oppose
Vaccine Mandates: Oppose
COVID-19 Vaccines: They were effective against the original variants but have limited effectiveness against Omicron.  Some people have overblown side effects of them though.  I'm vaccinated and boosted, but probably won't be getting a fourth shot, even if it becomes available to me.

Economic Issues
Free Trade: Support, though I'd like us to use some economic pressure on countries to get them to outlaw abortion
Taxes: Simplify the tax code by lowering individual tax rates but closing loopholes.  Expand child tax credits to encourage larger families.
Healthcare: Private run, ban coverage of abortion, contraception, IVF, sterilizations, and sex changes.
Social Security: Don't have a strong opinion
National Debt: I'm worried about the debt, but I don't have an exact proposal.
Campaign Finance Reform: Lean oppose
Unions: Support right-to-work legislation
Tariffs: Oppose
UBI: Oppose for now, but I'm actually more open to it than many other forms of welfare.  Ideally, stuff like that would be church-run, instead of government-run, though.

Foreign Policy: I generally think we should be active in our foreign policy, but I haven't followed every situation well enough to comment and don't want to comment when I don't really know.

Education
All of the recent education debates have led me to believe that the system needs a complete overhaul.  I would do away with public schools altogether; instead, the government should transfer the money they would have spent to a voucher for the parents to use at a private school of their choosing (whether church-run, nominally religious, secular, or even a home school co-op).  That would solve a lot of the debates by allowing parents to raise their children with an education that will continue to instill the same values taught in the home and at church.  Like, I wouldn't send my kids to a school that teaches that the Earth is billions of years old, but I wouldn't say that the government should ban those schools from existing.

Environment
Climate Change: The climate is changing but the potential impact has been overblown
Green New Deal: Oppose
Carbon Tax: Oppose
Keystone Pipeline: Support
Energy independence: Don't know enough to say

Elections
Big Lie: I oppose mail-in-voting (distinct from absentee voting), which I think gave Biden some structural advantages, but Biden won fairly within the rules of the 2020 election.
Audits: Not sure what this is talking about
Term Limits: Probably Oppose
DC: Maintain status quo
PR: Support statehood
SCOTUS: Honestly, it's probably too powerful, but I think the reform proposals tend to come from very partisan places.  The bigger issue was that it began to step into things that were beyond the scope of what it should have been involved in.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2023, 10:40:51 PM »

Social Issues

Abortion: Pro-life, support national ban from moment of conception
Birth Control: Opposed to all hormonal contraception due to the potential to prevent implantation.  If it's still legal, make sure that no pharmacist has to fill that prescription.  Ideally, require proof of marriage to purchase condoms.
Same-Sex Marriage: Opposed, but if it's still legal, we need to make sure that no small business owner has to provide a service to a gay wedding.
Divorce: Abolish no-fault divorce
Death penalty: Ambivalent
Legalization of Drugs: Opposed
Gun Control: Opposed, except for basic background checks
Prostitution: Opposed
Affirmative Action: Opposed
Reparations: Opposed
Police Reform/BLM: Take situations on a case-by-case basis.  Body cams are a good thing though.
Private Prisons: Don't know enough to say
Big Tech: Generally agree with how Elon Musk is handling Twitter
Free Speech: Support
PATRIOT Act: Lean supportive, but not really that big of an issue in 2023
Eminent Domain: No strong opinion
Immigration: Support legal immigration.
Euthanasia: Opposed
Mask Mandates: Does anyone actually support them in 2023?  (But, I was always opposed)
Vaccine Mandates: Opposed
COVID-19 Vaccines: Neutral.  I chose to get vaccinated but probably won't be getting updated boosters every year.  No issues with people deciding not to get it at all or with people getting annual boosters forever.

Economic Issues

Free Trade: Support
Taxes: Lower, sympathetic to flat tax or national sales tax ideas
Healthcare: Support free market insurance, ban coverage of abortion, contraception, and sex changes
Social Security: Unfair to get rid of what people have been paying into, but look into ways to "fix" it going forward
National Debt: Shrink roles of federal government to reduce debt
Campaign Finance Reform: Probably opposed
Unions: Support right-to-work
Tariffs: Opposed
UBI: Opposed in 2023.  Open to reconsidering it depending on what work looks like in the future (with increased automation).
Foreign Policy: I generally believe that America should play an active role in the world
Education: Support school vouchers (and even open to a subsidized all private school model).  Strongly oppose teaching secular values and evolution in public schools.

International Relations

Afghanistan: Keep a limited troop presence to ensure stability
China: Our biggest geopolitical threat today
Middle East: Make sure that the rights of Christian believers are protected- including the right to evangelize to Muslims
Cuba: Keep significant sanctions, but allow limited tourism
Military Spending: Don't know enough to make a budget
Israel/Palestine: Support Israel as a key ally in the region (and one that does a better job of protecting sites holy to three major religious traditions).  Press Israel to treat Palestinians within its borders well.
Ukraine-Russia War: Ukraine is obviously in the right.  We should help them in some way, but probably not with boots on the ground.
Mexico: Oppose building a physical wall, but support more modern increased border security.

Environment

Climate Change: The Earth is warming due to a mix of natural and man-made causes.  It's nothing to be alarmed about though.  The dystopian predictions that some on the left make verge on science fiction.
Green New Deal: Opposed
Carbon Tax: Opposed
Keystone Pipeline: Support
Energy independence: Support if realistically feasible

Elections
Big Lie: The election was not physically stolen, but I do think mass mail-in voting was an unfair change to the rules late in the game
Audits: Support, but don't go overboard
Term Limits: Lean against
DC/PR statehood: Opposed for DC, potentially open to PR statehood (especially if we pair it with a new red state, such as the State of Jefferson)
SCOTUS: No structural reform needed.  Senate has a right to refuse a nominee for ideological reasons, not just for qualification.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies