Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:40:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 560968 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« on: March 23, 2005, 11:18:26 PM »
« edited: March 23, 2005, 11:51:36 PM by nickshepDEM »

Social: 
-Pro-choice durring the first trimester only.  After that you lose your option to choose.
-Support individual prayer in school.  Support some christian teachings in public schools.
-Support the public school system.  Do not support vouchers
-Immigration:  I support the placement of a division of the National Guard on the southern border.  If you go through the system system and file the proper paperwork you will be rewarded with U.S. citzenship.  If not, you will be sent back, immediatley.
-Gun-Control:  Support some gun controll, but we are taking it to far.  Responsible citizens should be able to bare arms without the gov't giving them a hard time and breathing down their neck.
-Crime:  This country is too lenient on vicious criminals and too strict on people who commit petty crimes. 
-Death Penatly:  Support, but only w/ DNA evidence.
-Against Gay marriage, but I do support the idea of civil unions for the most part.

Economic:
-Budget Hawk.  I undestand that running a deficit can sometimes be beneficial, but I really hate the idea of the America having this huge debt.
-Support a progressive tax system.  The middle class is overtaxed and the rich are undertaxed.  Families First tax plan: fair,progressive,simple,responsible.
-Free Trade:  Freed trade is OK, but there must be restrictions, which prevent American jobs from being shipped over sea's by the millions while the company responsible gets a tax cut for packing up and leaving.
-Pro-Union
-Support Social Security in its current form.  Increase the cap or eliminate the cape entirely and lower the payroll tax.
-Health Care:  I like the idea of a Universal Health Care system, but it does not seem financially feasible.  Therefore, I support single-payer health care system.

Foreign Policy:
-Support more spending on the armed forces.  Support the War on Terror.  Id prefer that the War on Terror expand to more countries and more terrorist training grounds.  But I would rather the WOT consist of strategic strikes on certain terrorist bases and training camps rather than invading the countries containing those bases and camps.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 11:35:50 PM »
« Edited: March 23, 2005, 11:37:27 PM by nickshepDEM »

-Support Social Security in its current form.  Increase the cap or eliminate the cape entirely and lower the payroll tax.

That is not Social Security in its current form. That is a welfare program, equivalent to abolishing Social Security.

Your right.  What I should have said is, I support increasing the cap or eliminating it as a way of "fixing" the current system.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies