Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2019, 11:51:28 am
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

Atlas Forum
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderators: NYGurl, Torie, Associate Justice PiT)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 379258 times)
Lakigigar
YaBB God
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -4.70

P P
« on: September 18, 2018, 02:34:24 pm »
« edited: September 18, 2018, 02:46:52 pm by Lakigigar »

Foreign Policy: I believe that NATO should be disbanded, and that we should decrease military spending, focus on diplomacy and international dialogue, and follow an independent course in terms of foreign politics.
Drugs: Legalization of marijuana, decriminalisation of other drugs, but focus on prevention and rehabitilation. Driving while drunk or driving under influence should not be tolerated though.
Abortion: Pro-choice. If woman are against abortion, they can chose to not have an abortion when they're pregnant, but it's not my business or business of the state. Illegal abortions are also not safe and not preferrable by any means, because the government or private instutions doesn't provide a safer way.
LGBT: I support LGBTQ-rights, but we shouldn't start to pro-discriminate them which is currently happening. People are starting to feel like they're being forgotten when they're "too normal".
Welfare/Social Security: Expand. Social security might be the most important task a government has to offer their citizens. It's the only way to combat poverty, and it's the most humanitarian approach. Economic equality is very important to me.
Free Trade: Lean towards oppose. Or... at least less than now. Let's put it that way. Globalism has gone too far, and multinationals have too much of a hegemony over the market. We should focus on supporting local economy, and more protectionist measures against international corporations, but... still more than reasonable.
Education: I support free tuition fees, and would invest a lot in quality college. Education is what shapes a person and what helps them in their further life. Anything starts with going to college. That's why we should spend a lot here. I'm a proponent of the Finnish system.
Taxes: Lowering rates on middle and lower classes, higher or keeping high on high-income earners, and progressive tax system on corporations (high multinationals, less high on local corporations). Taxes should be used to provide more economic equality.
Minimum Wage: I believe in a minimum wage yes. People who work need to have a decent income. Should be up to 15 dollar / hour at least. Anything below is basically slavery.
Prostitution: Legal, starting at the age of 21, for both people who offer / make use of it.
Immigration: I believe we should be tough on immigration, but be anti-racist. But we need to stop importing poverty here, and focus on stabilizing other regions on the world. The world isn't culturally homogenous enough or tolerant enough to other cultures to have mass-immigration of this rate. Immigration should thus be tough, but correct and humane. We also need to make sure that immigrant groups already staying in our country, can truly integrate in our country.
Separation of Church and State: We should be a secular nation, and there should be no reference of religion in the state, even at school.
Environment: Climate change might be the most important issue of 21st century, so we need to take harsh measures here. We currently are not doing enough to combat climate change. We need to prioritize green energy and focus on a sustainable green economy, focus on public transport, and have a tax of 21% on meat.
Euthanasia: I support euthanasia. People have the right to die if they want too. It's also more humane that suicide efforts and it can offer a way for people to say goodbye to that person and accept it.
Healthcare: I support universal single-payer healthcare system. Healthcare is very important, and everyone should afford it. No-one should die or get sick because they simply can not afford to go to the doctor or pay a visit to the hospital.
Lakigigar
YaBB God
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 07:12:13 pm »
« Edited: March 10, 2019, 07:20:59 pm by Lakigigar »

Overview:
Social: Center-left to left-wing (American norms: left-wing to far-left)
Economic: Far-left (even compared to European norms)
Foreign: Left-wing to far-left (American norms: far-left)
Party Affiliation: Registered PVDA-PTB (marxist) member

Most important issues:
Radical & social implementation of social green new deal
Free public transport (trains & busses)
Tuition-free colleges
Legalization of marijuana, decriminalization of all drugs
30 hour work week*

(*) People will have to work longer (65 to 70 years), and that's why we need to reduce the work week to reduce stress (and burn-outs). A shorter work week would reduce unemployment, as more people will be needed because people work less, but it would anticipate on a new technological wave (more automatization because of robots). I also support spreading the main shifts (8 to 5 work week) to 7 to 4 and 9 to 6 work week to reduce traffic overload.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies