Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:48:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 559876 times)
useful idiot
YaBB God

« on: July 07, 2007, 01:28:48 PM »
« edited: July 07, 2007, 01:32:07 PM by useful idiot »

Social

Abortion: Generally pro-choice if done within the first 16 weeks or so
Gay Rights: Apathetic. I don't really care if gays get married or not because it doesn't affect me and most of my gay friends don't seem to care much either.
Separation of Church and State: means different things to different people; i dont mind if the pledge is kept or ten commandments at courts, but do I want an established "American Church"? Of course not
Affirmative Action: Support
Gun Control: Oppose for rifles, shotguns, and handguns
Death Penalty: Generally support
Censorship: Oppose
Flag burning: Freedom of expression.
Smoking: Smoking bans are for nazis
Alcohol consumption: 18 years of age
Euthanasia: Support legalization
Drugs: Support legalization of soft drugs
Gambling: Oppose
Prostitution: Support legalization
Embryonic Stem Cell Research: Support relaxing restrictions and allowing it to occur, but no federal funding.
Immigration: Support stronger border security, the fence, no amnesty, send illegals home and don't let them come back, make it easier for honest immigrants to enter legally.
Environment: Oppose Kyoto, support more restrictions than exist now with regards to wildlife protection, no federal funding to stop "Global Warming"
Patriot Act: Generally oppose

Economics

Taxes: Federal flat tax at a rate around 18%(Russia's is 13%), sales tax for the states.
Unions: Support
Free trade: Oppose
Social Security: Keep it public and federal, divert money from other places to keep it afloat.
Space Program: Ridiculous waste of money, almost sickening considering how much of that money could help the less fortunate. Thousands of kids will die of hunger so that a space shuttle can launch for no discernable reason. Private companies are starting to do it anyway, so there's no reason to continue with NASA.
Welfare: Support reforms

Foreign Policy

Democracy and Trade: Oppose trading with dictatorships
United Nations: Oppose, what a joke
Iraq: Leave immediately and take as much oil with us as we can when we go.
Israel: Support the State of Israel's right to exist and defend itself; set benchmarks for Palestinian statehood(democracy, seperation of church and state, stable military to control Islamists.)
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 06:59:32 PM »

Social

Abortion: Generally pro-choice if done within the first 16 weeks or so
Gay Rights: Apathetic. I don't really care if gays get married or not because it doesn't affect me and most of my gay friends don't seem to care much either.
Separation of Church and State: means different things to different people; i dont mind if the pledge is kept or ten commandments at courts, but do I want an established "American Church"? Of course not
Affirmative Action: Support
Gun Control: Oppose for rifles, shotguns, and handguns
Death Penalty: Generally support
Censorship: Oppose
Flag burning: Freedom of expression.
Smoking: Smoking bans are for nazis
Alcohol consumption: 18 years of age
Euthanasia: Support legalization
Drugs: Support legalization of soft drugs
Gambling: Oppose
Prostitution: Support legalization
Embryonic Stem Cell Research: Support relaxing restrictions and allowing it to occur, but no federal funding.
Immigration: Support stronger border security, the fence, no amnesty, send illegals home and don't let them come back, make it easier for honest immigrants to enter legally.
Environment: Oppose Kyoto, support more restrictions than exist now with regards to wildlife protection, no federal funding to stop "Global Warming"
Patriot Act: Generally oppose

Economics

Taxes: Federal flat tax at a rate around 18%(Russia's is 13%), sales tax for the states.
Unions: Support
Free trade: Oppose
Social Security: Keep it public and federal, divert money from other places to keep it afloat.
Space Program: Ridiculous waste of money, almost sickening considering how much of that money could help the less fortunate. Thousands of kids will die of hunger so that a space shuttle can launch for no discernable reason. Private companies are starting to do it anyway, so there's no reason to continue with NASA.
Welfare: Support reforms

Foreign Policy

Democracy and Trade: Oppose trading with dictatorships
United Nations: Oppose, what a joke
Iraq: Leave immediately and take as much oil with us as we can when we go.
Israel: Support the State of Israel's right to exist and defend itself; set benchmarks for Palestinian statehood(democracy, seperation of church and state, stable military to control Islamists.)

So being pro-choice, supporting affirmative action, immediate withdrawal from Iraq, supporting unions and opposing free trade, opposing the Patriot Act, supporting the legalisation of drugs, euthenasia and prostitution, opposing censorship and attempts to ban flag burning are Republican ideals now, eh? Hmm, I might have to look into switching parties....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies