Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:56:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 562296 times)
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« on: September 22, 2017, 12:00:16 PM »

Ideology: Very Conservative

Abortion: Believe it should only be allowed in cases of rape, incest, and risk to the mother's life. Life begins at conception!

Climate change: Is real, but I don't like much of the alarmist rhetoric surrounding the issue. Climate models are notorious for over-estimating the actual increases in global temperatures. The transition to green energy should be market-led.

Same-Sex Marriage
: Don't support. The government has no right to redefine such a fundamental societal institution for the sake of "inclusivity". I however, understand that the nation-wide legalization of SSM will almost certainly never be reversed.

Religious Liberty: Businesses should be able to deny service to people asking them to engage in behavior that runs contrary to the owner's religious beliefs. You can't force a private establishment to take your money. Capitalism requires a VOLUNTARY exchange on both sides.

Drugs: I support medical marijuana, but not recreational, and don't believe in decriminalizing or legalizing hard drugs.

Death Penalty: Should be an option for the most serious crimes. Some people have simply forfeited their right to life with their incredibly heinous actions.

Euthanasia: Generally opposed, doctors are supposed to save people. However, in cases where there is absolutely no chance of survival, that option should be given to the patients and their families.

Gun Control: Very supportive of the 2nd amendment. No bans on assault weapons, certain magazine capacities, or silencers. Support basic background checks to ensure mental stability of the buyer.

Affirmative Action: A racist policy that should not be allowed. Setting lower standards for minorities does not help them!

Political Correctness: People should be allowed to say what they want, when they want, as long as it does not DIRECTLY cause harm to others (none of that, "You attacked my identity" nonsense)

Immigration: Very supportive of legal immigration. People should be able to come here, assimilate, and build a life for themselves, but it has to be done legally. No amnesty for illegal immigrants, and the wall should be built.

Trade: Very libertarian in this area. Free trade makes nations involved better off. Cheaper goods lead to increases in purchasing power for everyone, especially for the poorest in society. No tariffs, quotas, or other impediments to trade.

Minimum wage: Government should not interfere into the private agreements between the buyers and sellers of labor (businesses and workers) as to what wages should be. Free markets naturally increase wages as productivity increases and companies compete for workers. Minimum wages force lower skilled workers out of the workforce by making them less valuable to companies.

Universal basic income: Strongly opposed. We don't need another entitlement.

Energy: No subsidies for any energy companies, whatsoever (be they oil or green energy).I favor an "All of the above" approach to energy. The sources that provide the best, cheapest, and most efficient energy to consumers will come out on top.

Foreign Policy: I believe in peace through strength, but not nation-building. We should defend our interests wherever they're threatened but not look for ways to start new wars.

Israel: We have a moral obligation to ally with and defend the only true bastion for freedom and equality in the Middle East.

Healthcare: I support a free market approach to healthcare. Increased competition will lower prices and increase access to care for everyone in society. Single payer drastically increases demand for healthcare while doing nothing to increase its supply, leading to shortages and inefficiencies.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies