Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2019, 07:53:36 am
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

Atlas Forum
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderators: NYGurl, Torie, Associate Justice PiT)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 382851 times)
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

« on: July 17, 2011, 07:54:11 pm »

Abortion: Pro-life except in cases of rape, incest and endangerment of the mother's life.

Marriage/Family: Government shouldn't be involved with marriage licensing or doing the sort of social engineering it does now in taxes, it's discriminatory towards all sorts of people. Also CPS and family court should be much more restrained than now, they are out of control and in a lot of cases send kids to even worse living situations under foster care.

Civil Liberties: Status quo.

Guns: Repeal most of the gun control legislation on the books, starting with the registry.

Religion: No real opinion: I don't care about unorganized school prayer, but I do believe that evolution should be taught in schools. I'm a secular deist, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Foreign policy: Moderately interventionist. I support the Afghan and Libyan campaigns wholeheartedly.

Economics: Free trade, no more stimulus, massive shrinkage of the federal government.

Healthcare: Our Medicare system should be only for seniors and those below the official poverty line. Everything else should be private.

Energy: No subsidies of any sort. Fully develop the oilsands and start a massive nuke plant program.

Taxes: Reduce and simplify direct tax.

Education: Repeal the idiotic Quebec reform and replace it with what came before. Greater emphasis on civics and sciences, allow for vocational streams in schools. Abolish tenure, repeal the language law provisions that deal with education. Let parents decide which linguistic system their children attend.

Crime: Reintroduce the death penalty, support the criminal justice reforms that will be passed by the Harper government in the fall. Relax home defence laws.

Euthanasia: Opposed on ethical grounds.

Freedom of Speech: First Amendment, not the Charter of Rights-mandated Trudeaucracy.

Immigration: Support the Harper government's reforms of the system to a primarily economic one.

Minimum wage: Abolish at federal level.

Voting system: FPTP.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies