Plane with 239 people on board crashes in Southern Indian Ocean (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:34:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Plane with 239 people on board crashes in Southern Indian Ocean (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Plane with 239 people on board crashes in Southern Indian Ocean  (Read 19512 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 08, 2014, 06:10:44 PM »

The Austrian guy's passport was stolen 2 years ago when he was on vacation in Thailand.

So, we cannot rule out a terrorist attack yet ... considering the plane was full of Chinese and the recent terrorist attack in Southern China when a few men stabbed to death over 30 people at a train station.

That's a bit of a stretch.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »

At this point I'm beginning to wonder if Malaysia Airlines flight 370 in addition to being code shared as China Southern Airlines flight 748 might not also have another code share as Oceanic Airlines flight 815.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 08:10:59 PM »

I'm beginning to wonder about the possibility that say Malaysian military shot it down by mistake and doesn't want to admit it. Tongue
That's what I am hearing from a lot of people, not just you. I am going to try to find articles on that.

If that was the case, you'd expect there to have been wreckage found by now.  It's fairly clear the plane did not crash along its expected flightpath.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 01:14:09 AM »

That'd seem to rule out a mechanical failure. Has to be human action of some kind to switch off the transponder but keep flying.

Not really.  These glass cockpit aircraft do on rare occasion have computer failures that knock out the communications and other electronics.  That's why they are required to have a spartan mechanical backup that lets them continue to fly despite losing the electronics.  So something that knocked out the fly-by-wire stuff would account for them losing the transponder and all other communications and yet keep flying.  What it doesn't account for is how they got so lost no one has found them yet.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 10:25:07 AM »

I don't buy it.  Surely anyone who knew enough to use the waypoints mentioned would also be able to figure out if the plane had enough fuel to make the intended trip.  If the intent was to simply crash the plane, there were easier ways to accomplish that.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 11:29:07 AM »

But no background checks for ukrainians and russians.... MORE PROOF! I'd say I'm at 35% certainty of my conspiracy theory.

I'm not certain, but I think they are a bit distracted at the moment.  Certainly the Ukrainians are.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 08:10:49 AM »

He said that that would be big enough to be something like a wing, but a wing would likely sink.

Maybe not.  If the plane flew until it was out of fuel, the wing would be empty of fuel and thus more likely to float than otherwise.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 10:38:04 AM »

BTW, don't spy satellites have a much better resolution than this sh*tty image quality ?

Satellites have variable resolution.  Yes they can have much better resolution, but to get at it, they need to look at smaller areas.  A wide area geotracking satellite that looks over a large area all at once sacrifices resolution to cover more area all at once.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 12:31:04 PM »

This is disgusting from the Malaysians:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

After 3 weeks on the sea with nothing to eat and drink really ...

The eat isn't the real problem, not at three weeks.  The drink?  Well if they managed to have a survivable landing and to collect rainwater, it's not totally impossible,
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies